90 Day Reporting

I do all my business through the Koh Samui immigration office. However, hubby and I are planning a trip to the mainland and would find a stop off in Samui just to do my 90 day reporting a little inconvienent. Is it possible to do the 90 day reporting in the main immigration office in Surat Thani or must I do it at my usual immigration office?

You can do your reporting at any immigration office, including the border crossings.

I have read somewhere that you can do the 90 day reporting at a local police station.

Has anybody done it ?

Believe you can report to a local police station only if there is no immigration office near you..............Edit... http://wwwimm3.police.go.th/webboard/view.php?No=718 seems to apply to householders/hotel managers etc providing accomodation to aliens........so not to sure if it would be possible for the "alien" to report to police or not.........cant see why not though.

Edited by thaiflyer1

Further to my post above you can report to local police station ...see below from MFA website

When completing the stay of 90 days in the Kingdom, the alien shall report to the competent authority and repeat it every 90 days with the immigration officer in the alien’s residence area, or report to the police station in the alien’s residence area if there is no immigration control there.

:o

So, you think the fact that immigration is on another island would qualify as no immigration in my residence area?

Anyway, trip to the mainland got cancelled :o (too many customers). So, I will treat myself with a trip to Samui, a bit of shopping will go down a treat :D

The "local" police station in my Amphur has no idea what this is or what we are talking about. I was thinking MAYBE in the "big" city of Korat they might have a clue so in the future I might persue this and ask. Interesting that no one reading any of these posts has responded postively about reporting to the "locals", so at this point I must remain skeptical. Wishful thinking, but........

The "local" police station in my Amphur has no idea what this is or what we are talking about.

Ken why dont you tell them........."ignorance of the law is no excuse"....should go down well. :o

Thaiflyer, yea right, ok I'll think about it.smiley_thinking.gif

And the next time in Korat and "thinking" about it, I will check with the police there, but admittedly I don't remain very hopeful.

I do all my business through the Koh Samui immigration office. However, hubby and I are planning a trip to the mainland and would find a stop off in Samui just to do my 90 day reporting a little inconvienent. Is it possible to do the 90 day reporting in the main immigration office in Surat Thani or must I do it at my usual immigration office?

you can do this by mail, you need to fill in form TM47 and read attached instructions. Not sure how you can get hold of form TM47, I got them at room 401 soi Suan Phlu. Maybe send them a letter with stamped return enveloppe?

you can do this by mail, you need to fill in form TM47 and read attached instructions. Not sure how you can get hold of form TM47, I got them at room 401 soi Suan Phlu. Maybe send them a letter with stamped return enveloppe?

Or you could download it from immigration here:

http://www.imm3.police.go.th/form/tm47.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

The following is the current web page for 90 day reporting on the Division 3 site. I note that first application for extension of stay is now considered first 90 day report. There is no mention of being able to report to local police and fine is now listed as 2,000 if you report and 4,000 if you are arrested. Ratchada one stop visa center is now listed as a notification place (this only for BOI visas or can anyone use?).

Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days

Procedure and notification

1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or

2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or

3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

4. The notification must be made within 7 days before or after the period of 90 days expires.

5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Offices accepting notification:

1. Immigration Bureau, Soi Suanphlu, Bangkok (Sub-section 1, command 4, administrative command, Immigration Bureau)

2. Visa extension units, Ratchada Centre (BOI)

3. Immigration offices throughout the country

Notification by registered mail

1. Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)

2. Copy of arrival/departure card TM. 6 (front and back)

3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)

4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47

5. Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner. Send the mail to

Sub-section 1, Command 4, Administrative Command, Immigration Bureau (90 days)

507 Soi Suanphlu, South Sathorn Rd.

Thungmahamek, Sathorn

Bangkok 10120

or

90 DAYS REGISTRATION

IMMIGRATION BUREAU,

507 SOI SUANPLU,SOUTH SATHORN RD.,

THUNGMAHAMEK SATHORN

BANGKOK. 10120

Note

* The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.

* If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

* If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 0 in every case.

* For details contact 0-2286-2774, 0-2287-3101-10 ext.2240

Last month I went to Soi Suan Plu, to get some TM 47 forms

They also handed me written information in Thai and English about what to copy and mail every 90 days.

It is stated clearly (u.o.):

1 copy of the photo page of your passport

1 copy of the page containing your most recent entry visa

That is not ALL passport pages (in my case it would be 32 pages already.)

IHowever I was not aware of making copies of both sides of the arrival vard (tm 6).

They also handed me written information in Thai and English about what to copy and mail every 90 days.

IHowever I was not aware of making copies of both sides of the arrival vard (tm 6).

And that is probably right but define "entry visa". Is it the base visa used for extensions of stay or do they want the current extension stamp page or your last entry stamp?

Believe the "both sides of TM.6" has been the normal rule but my last TM.6 does not have the normal entry stamp on the back so not sure if it is still required or officer just forgot to stamp.

Edited by lopburi3

And that is probably right but define "entry visa". Is it the base visa used for extensions of stay or do they want the current extension stamp page or your last entry stamp?

Believe the "both sides of TM.6" has been the normal rule but my last TM.6 does not have the normal entry stamp on the back so not sure if it is still required or officer just forgot to stamp.

I have twice now submitted the 90 day report by mail. I did not copy both sides of the TM.6, just the front side. My TM.6 doesn't have anything on the back either (no stamp, same as Lop). I did not copy every page of my passport either. Copied the photo page, my Thai wife extension page, and the page with my last entry stamp. I signed all the copies also.