Schengen Visa And Resident Permit Sweden.

Hello i have some changed plans. as u may notice in my other topic. but lets get strait to the case. i have a thaigirlfriend we known eachother and lived with eachother for 1year. we are NOT married and we are currently in bangkok. i am a swedish citizen registered in sweden with home address. how can my gf get a resident visa to sweden.?how many weeks,months will it take?and what do i need to proof that i have address in sweden etc.. is it possible at all for her to get a residence visa without traveling back to thailand anymore?. does anyone know about the 30000euro insurance.? how much does it cost? or should she take a tourist visa and then we can try to get the residence visa while in sweden?. ive been to the swedish embassy here in bangkok. i called the swedish embassy. i do not find it useful in anyway. and the phone booth is a joke. the lady says okay i get u to consular. and no one is there. everytime. so i tried to keep her on the line but she connected me to a dead phone anyway. impossible to deal with. hope anyone out there have any answers what we should do.

/Erik.

Suggest you send a mail to

[email protected]

who are likely to send a mail back to you with relevant information.

Good luck to you!

yes thank you very much for the information tom. but i do not have 6 months. and that time was needed as i read in the information. can't my girlfriend get a tourist visa and then we can sort it out in sweden? . beacuse that i experinced of the swedish embassy in bangkok is very BAD service. i cannot get any good answers from them. if feels like they do not want to help us.

Edited by Erik1

• 2 weeks later...
Hello i have some changed plans. as u may notice in my other topic. but lets get strait to the case. i have a thaigirlfriend we known eachother and lived with eachother for 1year. we are NOT married and we are currently in bangkok. i am a swedish citizen registered in sweden with home address. how can my gf get a resident visa to sweden.?how many weeks,months will it take?and what do i need to proof that i have address in sweden etc.. is it possible at all for her to get a residence visa without traveling back to thailand anymore?. does anyone know about the 30000euro insurance.? how much does it cost? or should she take a tourist visa and then we can try to get the residence visa while in sweden?. ive been to the swedish embassy here in bangkok. i called the swedish embassy. i do not find it useful in anyway. and the phone booth is a joke. the lady says okay i get u to consular. and no one is there. everytime. so i tried to keep her on the line but she connected me to a dead phone anyway. impossible to deal with. hope anyone out there have any answers what we should do.

/Erik.

Man, you have many questions. :) Let me give you two links, and see if that helps. Here is the first link to a site where they have lots of information about Schengen visa. See the "Pages Related to Schengen Visa" section on this page for links to other pages about stuff related to Schengen visa such as application checklist, downloadable forms, questions and answers, etc. Speaking of the insurance, it can be purchased online, depending on your age and other parameters, you can expect some 10-20 eur per day. Here is a page that provides details about the health EU mandatory Schengen visa insurance. I hope this helps.