New Rock Bar On Soi 19

If so, what's it like? Bands, sound system, seating arrangement, prices. etc.

looks like nobody been there?

Darn! Would have liked a new place to enjoy!

It is an upscale place for those who like rock music. Sound system is quite good, marshall amps, polite staff. Have noted upscale patrons; hi so women

Bands are learning more than the usual "repetitive songs"

Music is very important to me, alcohol and bar girls are not. Nothing personal, to each their own.

Edited by atyclb

• 2 weeks later...

I've been there twice now -- both on Sat nights -- and caught the same band both times. Thai band, female singer for some songs. They were ok, played some good classic rock, Cream, Stones, etc. Good version of the Stones "It's All Over Now" which my garage band used to do back in ...well, a long time ago lol!

The band knew what they were doing and everyone knew his role, no messing around between numbers. Very professional in that sense.

Sound for the band was good, sound for the in house vdos and music between sets was terrible!

One of the owners introduced himself to me and we had a nice chat. I don't think I'd go so far as to call it upscale or hiso, but maybe I wasn't there late enough to catch that crowd. The owners do want to have a place that focuses on the music and is not dingy and would even attract say, single farang women. I think they can make a go of it. After all, saxophone is packed out every Fri and Sat night and that's out in the boondocks for most farang. I hope they can get a good variety of bands, tho.

Heineken draft was B120, about right for places with live music.

I'd say check it out.

What's the name of the place and how deep it is inside 19 ?

It's called "Bangkok Rocks". If you're coming from Sukhumvit it's on the left hand side, maybe a couple hundred metres into the soi, (before you get to the Honey Hotel).

• 4 weeks later...