Best Dentist Recommends!

chivo

sure its been asked... but info changes...

recommends for best dentist/ facilities in BKK for general work...

thanks

Teptarin Hospital (Dental Center) on Rama 4 near Lotus - new - clean and cheap if you have Thai Healthcare Card. I had a wisdom tooth removed for 700 Baht, teeth cleaned for 400 if I remember correctly

Since I have a severe aversion to pain, I go to THANTAKIT.

Could you expand on this a little?

I will need a dental treatment in a couple of weeks in a section of my mouth that does not react satisfactorily to "novocaine".

My other comment to posters on this is to please differentiate in future responses. There is a huge difference between what this poster asked for (a "best" dentist recommendation) and what some are answering (a "cheap" dentist).

sure its been asked... but info changes...

recommends for best dentist/ facilities in BKK for general work...

thanks

Dr Aubontutt Wannawisutes Dental Office, strange name I know but she is terrific and her prices cannot be beaten, its in Suk 55, Thong Lor, halfways between soi Thonglor 9-11. Phone number is 02 392 2458/9 and you can tell her Cameron McDonald from Scotland recommended her .. she always gives my friends a better price as I am also a Doctor...(Therapist)

true phetaroi... i am not as concerned with price as i am finding a dentist that:

1- really knows what they are doing

2- up to date, good facilities

3- professional

4- you walked away thinking 'wow- this is amazing dental care'

looking for the above and beyond superior dental experience here

thanks all

I've also used Silom Dental. Been treated by 3 dentists there as my first dentist was out on maternity leave the next visit and the next time I was only able to go in a certain day. All have been very good and now that I contact them more than a week in advance they always get me an appointment with the same dentist. Their faciities seem thoroughly modern.

There are many dentists there with varying specialties. See their website:

http://www.silomdental.com/index.html

I had porcelain veneers put in plus a couple cavities filled. It was a huge discount from the same thing in California. One time the cavity was adjacent to an existing metal filling so they took it out and put in a nice white filling. That was 3 or 4 years ago and I'm tempted to have all my metal fillings replaced with the white ones.

Their stated prices are not the cheapest (many are on the website) but more than once I'm sure I've been undercharged. I think twice I had a cleaning and polishing and they only charged 80 baht. I've actually asked the cashier to double check on 2 occassions because it seemed too low. Maybe my dentist it trying to drop a hint and I just haven't figured it out.

well, an update here:

i had to go somewhere soon as i had an old filling pop out...

got a recommend from a guy at work who went to st. louis hospital (close to our office), he had been recommended there, and is a fussy fellow and yet said great things about the dentist he saw there...

physically, the interior decoration is nowhere near that of BNH or the slicker hospitals i am used to, but i always feel you get a bill for that decoration...

but the dentist was very pleasant, explained things, took xrays after checking thru my mouth, i liked her a lot.

my bill for exam and xrays was 430 baht... not sure how much the 3 fillings i need will be (havent been to dentist in 7 or 8 years...)

will report back on the filling service if i go thru with it there...

well, an update here:

i had to go somewhere soon as i had an old filling pop out...

got a recommend from a guy at work who went to st. louis hospital (close to our office), he had been recommended there, and is a fussy fellow and yet said great things about the dentist he saw there...

physically, the interior decoration is nowhere near that of BNH or the slicker hospitals i am used to, but i always feel you get a bill for that decoration...

but the dentist was very pleasant, explained things, took xrays after checking thru my mouth, i liked her a lot.

my bill for exam and xrays was 430 baht... not sure how much the 3 fillings i need will be (havent been to dentist in 7 or 8 years...)

will report back on the filling service if i go thru with it there...

Hi Chivo,

Can you ask her how much would be for a crown? I've checked a few places and I don't see great deals for crown work.

Or if you can please leave her phone number here.

Thank you!

Any dental offices with American style teeth cleanings?

As in not done by the dentist instead a slow and through job that is 30 minutes plus to finish.

I prefer it done by hand not with the "sonic water"(?) treatment

• 2 weeks later...

I do not like to recommend too muc as each persons experience is different. But when I was down in Bangkok from Chiang Mai last week. I tried a new one in Sukhumvit Soi 3. Called City Dental Clinic on same side as Grace Hotel, but before you get to it. I was very pleased with the treatment and results. Not the cheapest but I was happy. Good service I thought. Good luck :)