Unidentified Farang Found Dead Of Unknown Cause On Beach

sriracha john

Tattooed Westerner Found Dead on Nai Harn Beach

THE BODY of a Western man was found on Phuket's Nai Harn beach at 6.30am today.

Chalong police, called to the scene, estimated the man had died about seven days earlier. Locals found the tattooed mystery man, dressed only in red underwear or swimming trunks.

The left shoulder bore a tattoo of a dragon and on the right, a dolphin. The back of the man's left hand carried a tattoo of a tiger. The body is to be autopsied at Vachira Hospital in Phuket City.

If the man has a police record in Thailand or through the Interpol database, then the information about the tattoos should reveal his identity quickly.

- Phuketwan / 2009-05-21

Continued here:

http://phuketwan.com/tourism/tattooed-west...nai-harn-11139/

Chalong police, called to the scene, estimated the man had died about seven days earlier. Locals found the tattooed mystery man, dressed only in red underwear or swimming trunks.

The left shoulder bore a tattoo of a dragon and on the right, a dolphin. The back of the man's left hand carried a tattoo of a tiger. The body is to be autopsied at Vachira Hospital in Phuket City.

If the man has a police record in Thailand or through the Interpol database, then the information about the tattoos should reveal his identity quickly.

- Phuketwan / 2009-05-21

Continued here:

My condolences to the family of the victim.

This makes victim number seven.........all dying mysteriously in the same area within a two month period.

It can only add up to one thing in my opinion.

But I will leave it to others to speculate on the cause of this man's death and the causes of the other deaths.

- Phuketwan / 2009-05-21

Continued here:

This makes victim number seven.........all dying mysteriously in the same area within a two month period.

Conclusions, conclusions, conclusions, speculation,speculation, speculaion.

Same posters who write that lovely friendly Sheila from Australia must have been set up when and was totally innocent and that a headless man hanging from a Bangkok Bridge was murdered by the local police mafia and that backpackers countrywide are being hunted and murdered by avengers with a liter of cyanide.

Hold your horses for once can you? Instead of just jumping to conclusions, can you not wait for a little more info first. And that goes for a lot of posters here.

Edited by ThaiEye

Sincer Condolences to his family & friends

If this person has been dead for a week Has no one missed this man.??

And if he has been dead for a week, That is not too far away time wise from the other poor souls

Cause of deaths stiil not reported ? Maybe I missed the report

sad very sad

Something strange going on in Pukhet and Kabri. I wonder is there has been any data collected, concerning the amount of tourist deaths as compared to Thai Deaths.

I remember that when the US Navy went to assist the Burmese a Navy femail Officer died from strange happenings. That has been almost a year ago, and I have not seen any results of the investigation.

this is the third foreigner found dead this month on the beach and the fifth if we include the include the two woman who died of the poison in Phi Phi. Perhaps he's been dead longer than a week. He may have come from Phi Phi...In which direction is that beach facing? Is it toward Phi Phi? As we've discussed before here, if either of those two girls had been travelling a lone then I am sure we would never have got to know about their tragedy, they would've been found on a beach somewhere.

- Phuketwan / 2009-05-21

Continued here:

Conclusions, conclusions, conclusions, speculation,speculation, speculaion.

Same posters who write that lovely friendly Sheila from Australia must have been set up when and was totally innocent and that a headless man hanging from a Bangkok Bridge was murdered by the local police mafia and that backpackers countrywide are being hunted and murdered by avengers with a liter of cyanide.

Hold your horses for once can you? Instead of just jumping to conclusions, can you not wait for a little more info first. And that goes for a lot of posters here.

I agree the Statement and its conclusions are very vague. How the hel_l they knew he was a westerner when he could of been Russian, Australian etc etc. Did he have a 'Made in Europe" Tatoo or what.

Hope the Identity is found quickly and relatives in formed. Yet another mystery to solve and another body found on Thailand's tourist area we all can do without. :)

this is the third foreigner found dead this month on the beach and the fifth if we include the include the two woman who died of the poison in Phi Phi. Perhaps he's been dead longer than a week. He may have come from Phi Phi...In which direction is that beach facing? Is it toward Phi Phi? As we've discussed before here, if either of those two girls had been travelling a lone then I am sure we would never have got to know about their tragedy, they would've been found on a beach somewhere.

Nai Harn is at the bottom of Phuket, it tends to face west but is on the southern tip , and looking at a map..

yes, a body from Phi Phi to the east, approximately 30 kilometers on the same latitude could have easily washed up on that spot. However the winds are blowing in from the west.

This is number 7 foreigner( tourist ) death since April 1 in the Krabi- Phuket region ( not counting the young German lad on Kao Lak whose friend is being held in connection of his murder last week. )

Coincidences? Getting harder to believe

1) -April 1st ; Also on Phi Phi, BUT NOT at Laleena guest house, Norwegian man Eric Liuhagnen , 48 . The cause has yet to be determined but reported extreme diarrhea.( Different symptom from later deaths. )

2) -May 1st ; An un- ID'd male foreigner body found in the ocean off mainland Krabi.

( has tattoo of, "Mother" within heart.) Cause of death unknown, was wearing green pants.

3) - May 2nd Phi Phi . females Jill St. Onge, 27 ,

4) and Julie Michelle Bergheim, 23, extreme vomiting, both died in hospital within 12 hours of symptom onset.

(Two illnessses- recovered, companions of above deceased, male Ryan Kells, 26 and female Karina Refsth, 20. Report extreme vomiting and chemical odor in adjoining rooms at Laleena guesthouse . )

5) - May 6; A Swiss female , Edis Jungen, 40, found on the beach in Krabi, ( Krabi is province Phi Phi island is in.) apparently strangled. She has been agitated and claimed she was in danger before checking out of hotel, found next morning.

in shallow water early Thursday by a villager in Ao Nang bay.

6) May 14 Phuket; German man , Ernst Hermannweid, extreme vomiting.

Died en route to hospital

7) and now this man , (reminiscent of the May 1st body found off Phi- Phi )

Edited by CFIT

Yeah, it just seems like too many deaths recently to be coincidents. In the 16 years I've been going to Thailand I haven't seen this much mystery death. Usually drops from condos and angry spousal "haircut" stuff.

My bud worked for many years in LOS and says there's a lot we never heard about. Those seem to be drug related and Khao San Road related.

I keep thinking that the King will do something unexpected and wonderful for Thailand.

Long live the King.

world wide reccession ,people lose a lot of cash, come here, drink,drunk, run out of hope, top themselves.

lots and lots of reasons, I have some knowledge of statistics, the first time to hear 'it seems like there is a lot' is about the time you reach for genuine data, rather than grasping at straws.

Well except for in an Aussie bar ;-)

How the hel_l they knew he was a westerner when he could of been Russian, Australian etc etc. Did he have a 'Made in Europe" Tatoo or what.

Common sense would dictate they mean caucasian (farang) and Australia is still a Western nation last time I looked. You could have a Western nation on the moon if it had the same characteristics.

RIP

How the hel_l they knew he was a westerner when he could of been Russian, Australian etc etc. Did he have a 'Made in Europe" Tatoo or what.

Common sense would dictate they mean caucasian (farang)

RIP

:)

which is why I reflected the same when typing out the thread title.

btw, still no word from any other news source on this case... but I will continue to monitor for more information.

Story and graphic pix of the deceased on the beach were published in Thai Rath yesterday. Sorry, I can't find the link now. He was wearing swimming trunks only and was clearly a Westerner but visual ID from the pix only would be difficult due to the state of the body.

Body of Caucasian found washed up on Phuket beach

RAWAI, PHUKET: The heavily tattooed body of an unknown Caucasian man washed up on Nai Harn Beach yesterday. The body was in an advanced state of decomposition, with its skull exposed.

Police believe the man died several days before the body was discovered.

One local newspaper carried a graphic photograph of the body, clothed only in a pair of red underpants, on its front page today.

The body showed signs of severe head injuries, though police believe they were most likely sustained after death. The man was about 165cm tall, with tattoos covering most of his body.

Chalong Police were on the scene shortly after receiving a report that a body had washed up on the beach that morning. Rescue workers from the Phuket Ruamjai Rescue Foundation brought the body to Vachira Phuket Hospital for examination.

Chalong Police are requesting that anyone with knowledge of a missing person that matches the description above contact them immediately and are contacting other police stations on Phuket to determine if the man has been reported missing or if there have been reports of tourists being lost at sea.

The body showed no outward signs of foul play. Police suspect the man drowned elsewhere off Phuket and was carried into the area by local currents.

Police say an autopsy will need to be performed before they can comment further on possible causes.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2009-05-22