Downloaded Immigration Forms

I've downloaded TM7, 8, and 47 forms from the site that are in Word format. All of the files are password protected. What are the passwords to the files? How do you turn off the shading on the entry fields before printing? How can I change the format of some of the entry fields?

Thanks

You do not need any passwords to fill out and print the forms that I know of. I just double checked and TM8 form opens normally in Word and you fill in the shaded areas, either with text or select from a drop down menu - they will not show on print out.

You do not need any passwords to fill out and print the forms that I know of. I just double checked and TM8 form opens normally in Word and you fill in the shaded areas, either with text or select from a drop down menu - they will not show on print out.

You're right about the shading going away when printing. It shows up on the "Print Preview" screen so I never bothered printing it!! Anyway, how about the ability to change the entry field formats? The original form uses different fonts, sizes, and some cells are bold, some are not. For example the first and last name fields use one font and size while the middle name field uses another. Unfortunately, I don't think the cell formatting can be changed without the password.

Does everybody just print the blank form and fill it out by hand?

rgds

If you do not have Thai fonts installed you will have problems with the form.

I think a lot of people just print them out and fill them in by hand.

Some immigration offices will not accept the form unless it is one that you get from them. Crazy but true.

If you do not have Thai fonts installed you will have problems with the form.

I think a lot of people just print them out and fill them in by hand.

Some immigration offices will not accept the form unless it is one that you get from them. Crazy but true.

I have the correct fonts loaded. Do you know who the keeper of the password is? Can they make it public or unprotect the files?

Here's an example from the tm7 file:

Immigration office: Times New Roman 12 Bold

Date field: Angsana New 14

First Name: Angsana New 14

Middle name: Times New Roman 12 Bold

rgds

I wouldn't worry about it. I have been using those forms for 5 years with no problem.

They do look a bit strange though with different size print.

Likewise. I downloaded the forms, filled them in on the computer and saved them with changes. Now I just open them, change the dates and print them. Although there may be a slight difference in fonts, it's still easier to fill them in on the computer rather than by hand each time and more legibile. I don't think Immigrations gives you extra points for graphic aesthetics and they do seem to appreciate that it's easy to read.

I wouldn't worry about it. I have been using those forms for 5 years with no problem.

They do look a bit strange though with different size print.

Likewise. I downloaded the forms, filled them in on the computer and saved them with changes. Now I just open them, change the dates and print them. Although there may be a slight difference in fonts, it's still easier to fill them in on the computer rather than by hand each time and more legibile. I don't think Immigrations gives you extra points for graphic aesthetics and they do seem to appreciate that it's easy to read.

I mistyped the word "legible" and was going to change it, but as soon as George posted his message, the "edit" tab on my posting disappeared. Why?

Common sense at last!

I downloaded TM47 just yesterday without any problems, opened straight out in Word... printed it out, filled it in, and used it at Immigrations within a half hour later.

Try downloading it again?

:D

Sorry, I don't get that. You printed it out and filled it in? Why don't you do that with word? Looks much better and you can keep a copy on your drive. Khun mee samong noi mai khrap? Good luck from the lower North- east...... :)

post-39518-1243141750_thumb.jpg

post-39518-1243141857_thumb.jpg

I've downloaded TM7, 8, and 47 forms from the site that are in Word format. All of the files are password protected. What are the passwords to the files? How do you turn off the shading on the entry fields before printing? How can I change the format of some of the entry fields?

Thanks

Just click on it, fill it out, print it and ask no more questions like that, okay?

I downloaded TM47 just yesterday without any problems, opened straight out in Word... printed it out, filled it in, and used it at Immigrations within a half hour later.

Try downloading it again?

:)

Sorry, I don't get that. You printed it out and filled it in? Why don't you do that with word? Looks much better

The hand-written calligraphy is not reproducible in Word and is appreciated by Immigration. :D

Edited by sriracha john

Most offices much prefer the computer printed out version these days in my experience. Most of us do not have that great penmanship ability (mine was bad in school and sure has not improved with age).