Travel Alternatives To Pattaya.

joebuzzard

I was reading on another thread about the availabity of mini-buses to Pattaya. Where are these available from?

Also, is there bus service to Pattaya direct from the airport?

And what about the Morchit buses? What is the correct fare for the quickest bus route to Pattaya.

I'd also like to hear about experiences with taxis from the Bangkok airport to Pattaya, as well as the limo service - not the Thai Airways limo, but the good limo service.

I have some friends coming in to attend an conference in Pattaya, and need to tell them everything. That's why so many questions.

Thanks.

i use a phone a taxi service as they are new taxis and the price is very good .

just look out for the number on the taxis door .

the guy i use is cheap, reliable and has a brand new car .

i just ring him up and he is where i need him , i have a good raport with him now.

no more hassle arguing tarriffs ..

i use a phone a taxi service as they are new taxis and the price is very good .

just look out for the number on the taxis door .

the guy i use is cheap, reliable and has a brand new car .

i just ring him up and he is where i need him , i have a good raport with him now.

no more hassle arguing tarriffs ..

How does that work at the airport? Does he park his car (a taxi?) in the carpark and wait for you in the arrivals area (maybe with a cardboard sign with your name on it?)? Sounds like a good deal for the frequent traveller.

My problem is I need to give the best advice to several dozen or so newbies on how to transfer to Pattaya from the Bangkok airport - people without phones or resources to find Mr Cheap Reliable Driver. People are coming in from different places, different flights, different times, different needs - no way to accomodate everyone with setting up rides. They need to find their own way. What's the easiest, most stress-free way? But there are also cheapskates who don't care so much for comfort. So also what's the cheapest, hassle-free way?

I appreciate any and all advice. There are other threads about this, but they are buried and the info is dated in some respects. So I feel some fresh perspectives are needed.

My problem is I need to give the best advice to several dozen or so newbies on how to transfer to Pattaya from the Bangkok airport - people without phones or resources to find Mr Cheap Reliable Driver. People are coming in from different places, different flights, different times, different needs - no way to accomodate everyone with setting up rides. They need to find their own way. What's the easiest, most stress-free way? But there are also cheapskates who don't care so much for comfort. So also what's the cheapest, hassle-free way?

I appreciate any and all advice. There are other threads about this, but they are buried and the info is dated in some respects. So I feel some fresh perspectives are needed.

Quite a dilemma you have. If you have at least 3 at a time, a taxi would be about 350 baht each to Pattaya. If you are dealing with one at a time, I would try to take the Thai Airways Bus, leaves at 9:00am, noon & 7:00pm. 200 baht and drops you off on 3rd Rd. Booking booth right before you exit the airport. The driver will usually take you to your hotel for an extra 40-50bt. BKK Airport to your hotel for 250bt. If they miss the Thai Airways bus, you can take a taxi to Morchit (Northern Bus St.) for about 100bt and take the bus to Pattaya for another 100bt. Take the share baht bus for 40bt to the hotel. Another option is to take the Airport Bus A-3 to Ekamai, 100bt. Go out the door on the arrival level and walk to the left. There is a booking kiosk for the Airport Bus. At Ekamai take the bus to Pattaya, share baht bus to your hotel. Both get you from the airport to your hotel for 250bt. Hope this helps.

I was reading on another thread about the availabity of mini-buses to Pattaya. Where are these available from?

And what about the Morchit buses? What is the correct fare for the quickest bus route to Pattaya.

I'd also like to hear about experiences with taxis from the Bangkok airport to Pattaya, as well as the limo service - not the Thai Airways limo, but the good limo service.

I have some friends coming in to attend an conference in Pattaya, and need to tell them everything. That's why so many questions.

Thanks.

There are direct minibus, meter-taxi and limo services to Pattaya from Bkk Airport.

Minibus should be around 300b pp.

Taxi meter about 1200b and the limos seem to go up and dowm all the time, I got a brand new Toyota Camry for 1800b inc tolls (about 150 baht)

Meter taxi from Pattaya to Bkk airport is 800 baht

Make sure you know who is expected to pay expressway tolls before you start, it's worth going that way.

If you can explain you'd like to go on the overhead motorway it's worth it as the traffic is much, much lighter. I sorry , I can't remember the route number for that.

My friend always tips his driver an extra 100 baht if he doesn't exceed 100kph throughout the journey!

If all your people are arriving at the same time you could charter a minibus from Pattaya to meet them at the airport. Or if one at a time, send a taxi from Pattaya to meet them.

PS - the minibus service doesn't start till about 9.00am so early arrivers might want to get taxi. I look around on the plane for potentials to share a taxi with.

I can't for the life of me see why anyone would want to take a bus. Did you know that if you really want to waste time you can get to Pattaya by train.

the minibus desk is in arrivals

PS - the minibus service doesn't start till about 9.00am so early arrivers might want to get taxi. I look around on the plane for potentials to share a taxi with.

I can't for the life of me see why anyone would want to take a bus. Did you know that if you really want to waste time you can get to Pattaya by train.

the minibus desk is in arrivals

Good advice. I have taken the mini bus Pat to airport, never from the airport to Pat. Read original post again. He stated they come in at all times and may want the cheapest option to Pat. I also would rather have a full size bus around me than packed into the mini bus with a jerk for a driver. Been there and did not like it. :o

Thanks.

There are direct minibus, meter-taxi and limo services to Pattaya from Bkk Airport.

Minibus should be around 300b pp.

Taxi meter about 1200b and the limos seem to go up and dowm all the time, I got a brand new Toyota Camry for 1800b inc tolls (about 150 baht)

Meter taxi from Pattaya to Bkk airport is 800 baht

Make sure you know who is expected to pay expressway tolls before you start, it's worth going that way.

If you can explain you'd like to go on the overhead motorway it's worth it as the traffic is much, much lighter. I sorry , I can't remember the route number for that.

My friend always tips his driver an extra 100 baht if he doesn't exceed 100kph throughout the journey!

If all your people are arriving at the same time you could charter a minibus from Pattaya to meet them at the airport. Or if one at a time, send a taxi from Pattaya to meet them.

Thank you! I'm looking to present the full range of options to folks - cheapest/least comfortable to most expensive/most comfortable. Good to know about the minibus.

What is the best way to Pattaya from Koh Sarn area.I shall be leaving BKK just before Song kran. Is it best to go to a Travel shop/hut/place to get a coach or is the bus station recommended.

How far away from the main drag/beaches is the bus station in Pattaya?

Any info appreciated.  :o

The easiest is to book a mini van from any of the travel agents right on KSR. There are 4 problems with mini van. 1. They spend an hour driving all over BKK picking up passengers. 2. Stop at some gas station for a smoke break, gas, wait. usually 15-30 minutes. 3. In Pat they take everyone to whatever hotel they are staying at. this can take 15-30 minutes running around Pattaya. 4. Add reckless drivers and it is not usually a fun trip. I want as much metal as possible when traveling. You can take a city bus to Ekamai (Southern Bus St) and get on the next bus going to Pat. They leave every 30 minutes. You are there for less than 100bt. Once there, you can get a share baht bus for 40bt that will take you to your hotel. You can also get a motorbike taxi at the station for 40-60 baht to your hotel, best if you travel light. You are 2-3 kilometers from Pattaya Bay and Beach Rd. Pull up a Pattaya map online and you will see the bus st. close to Sukhumvit on Pattaya North. Hope this helps you.