While We Are On The Topic Of Rumors

getgoin

Now, don't get too excited or toss me and this post out with the bathwater but someone, foreign woman, told me tonight that the D2 bar has now been turned into a high class bar girl joint. I believe she was serious.

Does she have an accurate calibration to know what a high class joint would mean relative to regular?

High class means they charge more money for the same old thing. I'm more comfortable with the people I know on a personal level and therefore seldom try any new places. It's very hard to get to know anyone where they play the music too loud... or it's too dark.

Is a "high class bar girl" like a call girl? Extra fees but the same diseases well covered by makeup...

I've never met a bar girl who ever had a sexually transmitted disease, and I've met a lot. Are you talking from experience or hearsay?

Is a "high class bar girl" like a call girl? Extra fees but the same diseases well covered by makeup...

I've never met a bar girl who ever had a sexually transmitted disease, and I've met a lot. Are you talking from experience or hearsay?

IanForbes wake up! Half of them are probably HIV+

This has to be one of the stupidest posts ever made. Do you think the girls are going to tell you that they have a STD and lose out on the money you were going to hand them? Come on... get real.

Edited by elektrified

I would guess that you are both somewhat right. Some of the girls in the farang bars have STDs and a smaller proportion are HIV positive, but not nearly as many as some people seem to think. :)

Well, only complete newbies, backpackers and people with a religious agenda. Other than that, not too many people seem to think that.

That is what I would think too, but so many people on Thai Visa that claim to be old-timers act like the bargirls are all filthy, thieving Jezebels from the Bible.

It seems that a lot of men hate women and have realized that BGs are acceptable targets. I have always found most of them to be decent people and not too different from anyone else. :)

That is what I would think too, but so many people on Thai Visa that claim to be old-timers act like the bargirls are all filthy, thieving Jezebels from the Bible.

It seems that a lot of men hate women and have realized that BGs are acceptable targets. I have always found most of them to be decent people and not too different from anyone else. :)

You mean they are from planet earth just like anyone else? :D

:D :D

Just throwing some more fuel on the fire, but many sexually transmitted diseases fail to show signs or significant signs in many females, chlamydia being the most prevalent. Years ago the stat that about 1:4 sexually active teens in the US get an STD each year.

The thing to pull away from this that be careful with ANYONE you make your partner. Testing before hand is always the safest route.

There are plenty of people who don't get that. They think they come straight from Hades.

That depends: before she's Venus, after and when blah-blah-blah with (TV) friends she becomes Hades :)

edit/added. Better UG? :D

Edited by Nienke

High class bar girl is a bit of an oxymoron. IMO the OP is much the same but lacking a little vital gas.

You have more than enough gas for everyone here. I am just making a point about how the economic climate has forced businesses to think creatively and out of the box.

Edited by getgoin

If indeed, they were able to feature "high-class" bar girls (beautiful, young, educated, good personalities and good at extra-curricular activities) consistently, I think that they could make a fortune, but such girls get snatched up quickly by romantic young farangs and it is not easy to replace them.

Most of these places start out OK, but end up with run of the mill workers that are dressed nicely and are way too expensive

Now, don't get too excited or toss me and this post out with the bathwater but someone, foreign woman, told me tonight that the D2 bar has now been turned into a high class bar girl joint. I believe she was serious.

Ultimately, despite the pretences of its owners, any bar or venue is defined by the clientelle that go there, and in the current climate (e.g see Shangrila/Meridien thread) I guess owners are welcoming allcomers.

A friend tells a great story which illustrates the point (bar boys rather than girls but same thing). He took a guy (bar boy type) for the first time to a well known upmarket wine bar off Nimanhemin, who's owner would tell you he runs a sophisticated whore free venue :) . So apparently sitting at the bar are several of the great and the good (their opinion :D ) of the Chiang Mai retired queen scene along with their "trophy boy" partners.

Of course, my friend's companion knows several of said trophy boys from their past lives, not to mention one of the bartenders who used to be a dancer in a different type of establishment :D and says to my friend in all innocence, "wow this place is real nice and expensive, how much is the off fee?"

First impressions can be lasting........ :D

Edited by Paagai

High class bar girl is a bit of an oxymoron. IMO the OP is much the same but lacking a little vital gas.

You have more than enough gas for everyone here. I am just making a point about how the economic climate has forced businesses to think creatively and out of the box.

Hmm, there must be a pun in there somewhere... :)

Man gets out of the box what he puts into it...?

looking up bargirls, wikipedia says that they should not be confused with barmaids who are "not expected to entertain customers personally or provide sexual services"

mm not been around much then, however cannot find ref to high class in this context so i have no idea what to expect. thus one needs to check it out i think

Must be remembered that condoms do not protect against all STDs, including serious ones such as syphilis, I believe.

The point about TB is a good one, too. Also, don't forget about hepatitis & other diseases which can be passed on by kissing, coughing etc.

Must be remembered that condoms do not protect against all STDs, including serious ones such as syphilis, I believe.

The point about TB is a good one, too. Also, don't forget about hepatitis & other diseases which can be passed on by kissing, coughing etc.

Ooh, yikes, reading all that and other posts, can better live like a nun then.

There are no guarantees with ANYONE you have sex with... including your husband or wife. It only takes one partner to be unfaithful with someone who is diseased and there can be problems. I just say it is far over blown as far as the women who work in the better establishments where they have a choice on who they have sex with. I know many bar girls who pick and choose who they will go home with or have as boy friends. The women I know are very selective. I can't speak for other places. We are already walking a fine line on this subject so I will say no more before it gets closed. Too many people can't discuss a controversial topic without becoming too blunt and personal.

how does that work then? the condoms not protecting against stds and in particular syphlis, it may not be as fragile as GC but it sure cant penetrate rubber