Ex-pat Deals

I am not one to penny pinch and I know everyone is having a tough time at the moment which is why I despair when I visit my local Thai food eatery and they have put their prices up even though they are busy!!

I know this is normal practice under the Thai business logic but when there is a worldwide recession on and everyone is finding it hard it just seems to me like a 2 fingure salute.

Maybe this is against forum rules but how about us ex-pats sticking together and supporting the venues that support us i.e, happy hours, discounts etc please list any venues you know of that are helping us in these difficult times so we can return the favour and support them.

I am not one to penny pinch and I know everyone is having a tough time at the moment which is why I despair when I visit my local Thai food eatery and they have put their prices up even though they are busy!!

I know this is normal practice under the Thai business logic but when there is a worldwide recession on and everyone is finding it hard it just seems to me like a 2 fingure salute.

Maybe this is against forum rules but how about us ex-pats sticking together and supporting the venues that support us i.e, happy hours, discounts etc please list any venues you know of that are helping us in these difficult times so we can return the favour and support them.

I quite agree, but the silence says it all. :)

I quite agree, but the silence says it all. :)

This already happens , I know of many places that offer their REGULAR LOCALS a discount on the bill.

But it against forum rules for us to advertise this on this forum.

Maybe if we could have a change of rule , or a dedicated section to be able to advertise on-going or one-off events , then the locals could choose where to use.

Just an idea.