Any Payap Uni Students Out There?

lukeskywalker

hello there,

Im one of the IMBA students in Payap. I have done now almost all the course work and start with my Thesis.

First of all I would like to say that there are great professors at Payap which all got their PhD in west. We got professors with degrees from Harward, Yale, Wharton etc...

I have studied in several Universities in couple of countries and I would rank Payap teachers very high. The actually administration and facilities are pretty poor though, but I think I have received pretty good value for my money so far.

Please feel free to ask any questions regarding the IMBA program at Payap.

oh and its truly international... I just had class with 14 students from 12 different countries. We have more American and European students than Thais in the programme.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello there,

Im one of the IMBA students in Payap. I have done now almost all the course work and start with my Thesis.

First of all I would like to say that there are great professors at Payap which all got their PhD in west. We got professors with degrees from Harward, Yale, Wharton etc...

I have studied in several Universities in couple of countries and I would rank Payap teachers very high. The actually administration and facilities are pretty poor though, but I think I have received pretty good value for my money so far.

Please feel free to ask any questions regarding the IMBA program at Payap.

oh and its truly international... I just had class with 14 students from 12 different countries. We have more American and European students than Thais in the programme.

Hi Ozz1,

I just joined the IMBA program myself.

Can you explain more about what you mean about the poor administration and facilities? Can you give some examples please? Are you just talking about no toilet paper in the bathrooms are things more serious?

Also, are there any pitfalls a newby like myself should be on the lookout for or any suggestions for a new student?

Thanks

Again, Gatorhead, I repeat my invitation for you to visit us, so that I can clarify your misconceptions about Payap. Until then it is difficult for me to understand why you persist in posting in this thread. I trust that most interested readers will take the time also to visit us.

harry - sorry to hear about your story. Hearing it, I am not overly surprised and I wish there was something we could do about it beyond raise it to the administrators... :S

BlackArtemis - You are right... Cheating and Plagiarism happens. It happens at Payap, it happens all over the world, and one of the jobs of a lecturer is sadly to try and catch it and punish it. It happens in the west, but you are right, it happens here in Thailand a lot more. In several different Thai universities I have caught examples, and I am sure that some students will have got away with it too. It is more of a reflection of the student than the university, as all universities have policies and practices to prevent it, Payap certainly does, and from my experience it does a good job of preventing it. I have found much worse cases in other universities.

richard10365 - if only you were in charge of marketing!

DOCTOR,

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE UNIVERSITY IN THE U.K. THAT ACCEPTED THE ONE PAYAP MBA STUDENT?? why is this a secret? it is the only interesting thing mentioned by you so far,in fact the only thing that may well elevate Payap's standing for the many people interested in higher education in a developing country that can pay to go to a smaller private for profit school .This info may well give hope.

If you can not tell us the name of the U.K. school why continue to post on this thread? kinda in same boat as the guy saying CMU was a private school,or "you can buy a degree for 100,000 baht.." get it? justs more B.S. Everything i said has merit and can be verified such as " Payap has beautiful short skirted girls....

I think you have run out of things to say since you come back with a lot of filler but not the answer to the important question.

#1-u ask me why i continue posting on this thread my answer is to deal with people at this point such as yourself posting things blindly with no back up, no juice ,no meat....

I say to you where's the beef? WHAT IS NAME OF U.K. SCHOOL!

#2-you give a little boo hoo to Harry with no solution , he went there and went somewhere else ,you see harry knows how to solve the problems he faces in his life for himself ... i think he said Chiang Mai University the big boy school took care of this CMU had the answer.

You say teach at Payay so you could help and take a stand for others in harrys boat tha will have the same non solution thrown at them from Payup,you could have a cause ,something worthwhile ,beyond calling yourself The Doctor ,your daily routine of teaching and taking a payceck and since you are well positioned to take a stand on this issue at Payup.

#3-you talk about cheating at universities which as I posted earlier you always will have liers, cheats and thieves in every corner of the world ,,,i was to the point ,end of that story... so nothing new here either.i think this cheating morphed from tthe 100,000baht to buy a degree post ... but at this point who cares....

#4- finally you get Richard a pat on the head ....

who is wasting time here???

make everybody happy reading this thread add some beef to your so far empty claim .

what school in the U.K. did the one Payap student that graduated with MBA get accepted to for the PHD program in U.K. ???This would be your biggest input to this thread for Payay.

If you do not have this name for us please i think maybe you should try to stay off this thread.

Edited by gatorhead333

Gatorhead,

I apologise for not answering your question straight away - I am fortunately quite busy with my "rl" and don't get the opportunity to "troll" these forums constantly, and I guess I missed your question the first time - my bad!

The point I raised earlier concerned the 'value' of a degree earned at Payap, which as with many qualifications depends on how you market it. Payap degrees are internationally recognised, and I backed the claim up with an example. As mentioned previously, and graciously highlighted by yourself, one of our graduates was accepted into a PhD program at a top university in the UK. The university in question was Lancaster University, and the student in question was exceptional, he is currently seeking funding before taking his place the program. When students do run into problems transferring credits, then it is due to administrative process - and that is the same for when students transfer credits from western universities to Payap as well.

Regarding wheelchair access I have contacted 'harry' via pm.

Its good to see your continued interest in the thread and topic. Perhaps you would be interested in joining one of our programs - you can find more information here: English Communication at Payap University

Again, you are welcome to meet with me if I can answer any more of your questions.

Edited by The_Doctor

Let me start off by saying that I am not a particular fan of Payap. Frankly, I have not heard much good about it from people worth listening to except when it comes to the music program --- and I am not really comparing music programs among universities, simply expressing shared enjoyment of faculty and student performances that seem quite accomplished. How does that department or any other there stack up compared with others? The answer is that I don't know. I find very, very little objective criteria on the value of CMU or Payap. Comparing entire university programs is really silly anyway.

Nonetheless, there isn't any higher educational institution in this country which even shows up on global lists regardless of department, never mind ranks highly by any generally accepted standard that I am aware of. What should one expect, after all, of a country which despite remarkable strides is still basically an economically less-developed country! Should Thailand be expected to have internationally competitive schools of higher education? I don't think so. When it comes to the leadership of this country, they have been educated elsewhere. Yes, some have earned degrees here, but I have often heard that those degrees are sometimes only symbolic in nature. On the other hand, are standards improving generally? I expect very much that they are.

Claims of Ph.Ds teaching courses? Trouble is that many of those degrees might not be worth the vellum they are printed on let alone talk about teaching ability. Ranking by research? That's never come up here. Somebody will have to help me on that. Number of PhDs? Seems a very hollow claim. Taught at Harvard, Wharton, wherever. Maybe useful information; maybe not. There is a lot of pure clap trap about such claims.

But there was been one thing appealing about this discussion. There has appeared an apparently honest invitation to visit the Payap campus and check it out. It wasn't advertising. It showed up only after some really nasty, frivolous and ignorant cheap shots were posted. That includes the extraordinarily abusive, sometimes barely coherent posts by gatorhead333. You judge whom is worth listening to. Better yet. Visit the campus, as invited.

Or meet gatorhead333 at his favorite Italian restaurant for a tutorial. Buy him his dinner. Cheap tuition, certainly. You'll get what you pay for. But the food is good.

Gator, CMU may still be listed officially as a government school but they are out asking for money as well. They are moving towards being a private university. We all have our reliable sources and after our discussion on this thread I checked with mine and they told me I was half right. You might have noticed my earlier post where I mentioned that.

You should be able to understand how easy it is to think you are right about something and be completely wrong. For instance, Payap was never a Thai technical school as you stated in your earlier post (see post 88 above).

Payap University, established in 1974, is a private institution founded by the Church of Christ in Thailand. However, it's history goes as far back as 1888. I really don't think you have been here that long. More historical information about Payap can be found here on it's website. http://ic.payap.ac.th/university/about.php

Payap is also a founding member of the Association of Private Higher Education Institutions in Thailand, and an active member of the Association of Christian Universities and Colleges in Asia, as well as the Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning.

As far as the problem with the disabled American veteran goes, you would be better off approaching the Church of Christ on this issue since the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs does not make policy for people with disabilities in other countries. The V.A. owes me money for school and I requested they give it to me to study at Payap. They looked at the Payap's curriculum and approved the course. For more information about what the VA looks at to approve a school please refer to the following link. http://www.gibill.va.gov/School_Info/os_trngs.htm. Unfortunately, wheel chair access to classrooms in foreign institutions is not on that list.

Since we are talking about an VA approved course, I thought I would add what is on the VA website about VA approved schools in foreign countries.

The law provides that VA beneficiaries may not pursue programs of education at schools outside of the United States unless they are pursuing approved programs leading to a standard college degree, or the equivalent, at approved institutions of higher learning. The only exception is for persons eligible for Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (Chapter 35) who may receive VA benefits while pursuing approved postsecondary non-college degree programs at training establishments in the Philippines.

The term “institution of higher learning” means a college or university offering programs of instruction leading to an associate degree or higher, or its equivalent. The programs must be recognized as being comparable to a degree granted by accredited U. S. colleges and universities. VA will accept degrees granted by public colleges and universities in foreign countries as being comparable to degrees granted by accredited U. S. colleges and universities. Degrees, or their equivalent, granted by private colleges and universities in foreign countries must be comparable to degrees granted by public colleges and universities in the same country. Degree or equivalent programs must have the same entrance requirements as the degree programs offered by public colleges and universities in the same country.

I just read almost the whole thread and I feel like writing few words as a Payap student.

First of all Im a little confused the question in this thread was about MBA programme in CM in ENGLISH, right? Please correct me if Im wrong, but there are not really any other options than Payap? CMU don't really have any international MBA programme in ENGLISH? So let's leave that there. If there is only one school offering such a programme there is not really anything to compare it with.

I studied almost decade ago 2 semesters in Bangkok University which was my first touch into education in Thailand. I think BUIC (international college) was pretty much beautiful girls, rich kids and nice building. The level of teaching wasn't great in my opinion at least not compared to what I was used to back in home (Finland).

About 3 years back I was living in Bangkok, but decided to move up north to CM I started to search for different MBA programmes in English. My main source was google but I also asked from some Thai friends and CMU was the first choice, but I also found Payap. I emailed both... several times and never received reply from either of them so I decided to do a trip to CM and see why it is so hard to answer my inquiries. I started with CMU. I visited couple of times and I with my limited Thai language skills I found it extremely difficult and frustrating. I could not find students, faculty members or even professors who could speak English. I decided to get a translator and come back again. Now I found the office of international studies. Again they could not really speak more than yes and no, but they did give me some brochures and talked with my translator and I found out that they really don't want any foreign students as even the programme is called international all the students are Thais and they don't understand foreign languages so the classes would be in Thai. So that was it... Im off to Payap.

Arriving to Payap I see some short skirted nice looking student girls and ask them about where I can apple for the MBA programme and I get few nice smiles and finger pointing towards the direction of the graduate building. I get there, meet the head of the programme, change few words with him and fill in the forms. After that I start the hard work of translating my Finnish BA certificate, recommendations etc in to English and finally get the papers ready, take the TOEFL test and interviews and pass both, Im ready to start studying.

When I start my programme Im not too impressed with the school. The building dont have elevator, the toilets dont have paper and the computers are something that would be considered hazardous waste back home. Also I find all these forms a bit hilarious and so 90s as we have computer systems and it would be much easier to go online and fill in the forms with your favorite browser. The first few courses are also relatively easy to pass (not with good grade though).

Now 2 years have gone and Im almost finished with my studies. 2 more weeks to go and Im starting my last course and thesis. I think I see Payap very differently now. Like said before the MBA classes are on weekends so there are no short skirted young students in their uniforms around =( In my classes we only have on female (Thai-Canadian). All the guys are from different parts of the world, but we do have one Thai as well. For me one of the problems has been the language. As you can probably tell English is not my first language.. not even second. So we non-native English speakers who count over half of the students in IMBA have to give some extra effort to pass the courses.

More to the point Payap got some great professors (and btw. I think some have got this point wrong, all the teachers teaching IMBA programme has to have PhD, except for English teachers). I could honestly say that the best 3 teachers/professors I have had in my life are all from Payap and that is the key factor why I would recommend Payap IMBA programme. Having said that I think the main factor what they could improve is the administration and bureaucracy. I can't believe that year 2009 I can't log in to Payap's website and to see all the courses that will be available this year and to choose which ever I feel that are the most suitable for me. Hopefully this will be fixed. Before I was asked about the administration problems I would say that if you wish to drop and ad course after they started and you need to go over the campus to get 5 signatures on a piece of paper is not really this century and I see that as Payap's weakest point.

But as well as some other students and teachers above Im also more than happy to tell you about the Payap's IMBA programme if you wish, I bet almost any of our students would be. Most of us are farangs and would not mind to visit the uni at weekdays to show you around and see some of those famous short skirted students.

Ozzi Jarvinen, 31, Finnish

IMBA Student, Payap University

ps. I about what the IMBA is actually worth is better to ask the graduate students, I believe Im one of the few that don't get 10 great work offers after graduation, but I don't need one as I got work already, but at least Payap was good enough for the authorities in Finland to grant me student grant and allow me to continue for PhD in Finland if I decide to (there are other requirements to fill in as well). But I would be very surprised if students graduated from Paya's IMBA programme would do very well in salary comparison to other programmes in any other Uni in Northern Thailand. Having said that I don't believe that money is the right way to measure and compare the degrees, but even getting the education from Pay-Up I couldn't figure anything better =)

Gator, CMU may still be listed officially as a government school but they are out asking for money as well. They are moving towards being a private university. We all have our reliable sources and after our discussion on this thread I checked with mine and they told me I was half right. You might have noticed my earlier post where I mentioned that.

You should be able to understand how easy it is to think you are right about something and be completely wrong. For instance, Payap was never a Thai technical school as you stated in your earlier post (see post 88 above).

Payap University, established in 1974, is a private institution founded by the Church of Christ in Thailand. However, it's history goes as far back as 1888. I really don't think you have been here that long. More historical information about Payap can be found here on it's website. http://ic.payap.ac.th/university/about.php

Payap is also a founding member of the Association of Private Higher Education Institutions in Thailand, and an active member of the Association of Christian Universities and Colleges in Asia, as well as the Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning.

As far as the problem with the disabled American veteran goes, you would be better off approaching the Church of Christ on this issue since the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs does not make policy for people with disabilities in other countries. The V.A. owes me money for school and I requested they give it to me to study at Payap. They looked at the Payap's curriculum and approved the course. For more information about what the VA looks at to approve a school please refer to the following link. http://www.gibill.va.gov/School_Info/os_trngs.htm. Unfortunately, wheel chair access to classrooms in foreign institutions is not on that list.

Since we are talking about an VA approved course, I thought I would add what is on the VA website about VA approved schools in foreign countries.

The law provides that VA beneficiaries may not pursue programs of education at schools outside of the United States unless they are pursuing approved programs leading to a standard college degree, or the equivalent, at approved institutions of higher learning. The only exception is for persons eligible for Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance (Chapter 35) who may receive VA benefits while pursuing approved postsecondary non-college degree programs at training establishments in the Philippines.

The term "institution of higher learning" means a college or university offering programs of instruction leading to an associate degree or higher, or its equivalent. The programs must be recognized as being comparable to a degree granted by accredited U. S. colleges and universities. VA will accept degrees granted by public colleges and universities in foreign countries as being comparable to degrees granted by accredited U. S. colleges and universities. Degrees, or their equivalent, granted by private colleges and universities in foreign countries must be comparable to degrees granted by public colleges and universities in the same country. Degree or equivalent programs must have the same entrance requirements as the degree programs offered by public colleges and universities in the same country.

my confused Half right yapping pup .... half wrong plus tax...! blah blah blah ,and who the heck cares... i can not read this bull- hockey above but you need to find yourself.....get a grip on your package.you off the page now...

CMU is not private it is public... i am glad payap has found the baby jesus thru the church of christ... what? who cares!!!! jesus doesn't ....

get a grip nobody cares except maybe you....

hey why not cut and paste the entire bible on TV..... amen.

Edited by gatorhead333

Gatorhead,

I apologise for not answering your question straight away - I am fortunately quite busy with my "rl" and don't get the opportunity to "troll" these forums constantly, and I guess I missed your question the first time - my bad!

The point I raised earlier concerned the 'value' of a degree earned at Payap, which as with many qualifications depends on how you market it. Payap degrees are internationally recognised, and I backed the claim up with an example. As mentioned previously, and graciously highlighted by yourself, one of our graduates was accepted into a PhD program at a top university in the UK. The university in question was Lancaster University, and the student in question was exceptional, he is currently seeking funding before taking his place the program. When students do run into problems transferring credits, then it is due to administrative process - and that is the same for when students transfer credits from western universities to Payap as well.

Regarding wheelchair access I have contacted 'harry' via pm.

Its good to see your continued interest in the thread and topic. Perhaps you would be interested in joining one of our programs - you can find more information here: English Communication at Payap University

Again, you are welcome to meet with me if I can answer any more of your questions.

the good doctor , trolling???... chasing the tight shirted ,shortshort skirted Payap girls...you were trolling we all saw your previous post but ignoring the only real relevant question asked of you,, please no excuses ....let face it i had to shame you into answering on TV.com ...

so the U in question is Lancaster o.k. that is a big U sure...

but he is not in a program there at this time....

Hmmmm...

So if we inquired as to a Payap student being enrolled at Lancaster we would get a big NO?

i mentioned earlier that anything is possible with a gifted student and from what you have justs said Payap has little to do with this grads possible enrollment that his having to go to Payap was a possible hinderance it seems due to transfering credits ... was that the jest ?

stay tuned for this Payap/lancaster cliff hanging drama ...........................

do not concern yourself with my lingo, my well being i do quite well ..beyond your grasp...but i appreciate your concern ...

but i wish i had all the leasure time like you do as a teacher at payap ,My Good Lord i wish i had the time to be stolling Payap-Payap eyeing,then chatting up and taking out the beautiful tight shirted, short skirted Payap dolls.. good professor i envy you in this regard!!!

you may well know the old saying: those that can not do ...teach.... but at Payap you can still do...

[/b]

Edited by gatorhead333

Let me start off by saying that I am not a particular fan of Payap. Frankly, I have not heard much good about it from people worth listening to except when it comes to the music program --- and I am not really comparing music programs among universities, simply expressing shared enjoyment of faculty and student performances that seem quite accomplished. How does that department or any other there stack up compared with others? The answer is that I don't know. I find very, very little objective criteria on the value of CMU or Payap. Comparing entire university programs is really silly anyway.

Nonetheless, there isn't any higher educational institution in this country which even shows up on global lists regardless of department, never mind ranks highly by any generally accepted standard that I am aware of. What should one expect, after all, of a country which despite remarkable strides is still basically an economically less-developed country! Should Thailand be expected to have internationally competitive schools of higher education? I don't think so. When it comes to the leadership of this country, they have been educated elsewhere. Yes, some have earned degrees here, but I have often heard that those degrees are sometimes only symbolic in nature. On the other hand, are standards improving generally? I expect very much that they are.

Claims of Ph.Ds teaching courses? Trouble is that many of those degrees might not be worth the vellum they are printed on let alone talk about teaching ability. Ranking by research? That's never come up here. Somebody will have to help me on that. Number of PhDs? Seems a very hollow claim. Taught at Harvard, Wharton, wherever. Maybe useful information; maybe not. There is a lot of pure clap trap about such claims.

But there was been one thing appealing about this discussion. There has appeared an apparently honest invitation to visit the Payap campus and check it out. It wasn't advertising. It showed up only after some really nasty, frivolous and ignorant cheap shots were posted. That includes the extraordinarily abusive, sometimes barely coherent posts by gatorhead333. You judge whom is worth listening to. Better yet. Visit the campus, as invited.

Or meet gatorhead333 at his favorite Italian restaurant for a tutorial. Buy him his dinner. Cheap tuition, certainly. You'll get what you pay for. But the food is good.

first off Chez marcos was great tonight.. i had the tuna cappacio ,soda water no wine ,my friend had blacken chicken he went nuts!! could not believe he was eating this good in CM!!!! he bought me dinner he was so enlightened this tobnight by marcos food.. we had olive paste too.

mr mudpie,ignorant you have proved yourselve above. You do not rant this way about Thailand ,the country you live in.SHAME ON YOU SEEK GUIDANCE,, as you said YOu DO NOT KNOW! YOU SEEM TO LACK KNOWING ABOUT COMMON DECENCY REGARDING THAILAND. ONE QUESTION ... DO YOU LIVE HERE?IF SO...................................

stop crying..get off your soap box NOW!! you are going to fall hard and get hurt talking about things you have no control over...the above post you posted may well get you pack up and shipped back to were you come from and i think most people would agree where you belong back there and i would personally donate to help. With you ignorant cheap shots posted above on Thailand you are now an outcast . you are a sad case to think anybody wants to read your over done selve serving little rant . SHAME ON YOU! GO HOME!SINCE YOU THINK YOU ARE SO WORLDLY AND ABOVE THAILAND AND ITS INSTITUTIONS AND ITS PEOPLE

This doctor posts he certainly has a brain and having a brain he can hopefully appreciate mY attempted roasting ,absured post i am doing to keep this thread alive,I love pyap and have been on campus many times over the last 30 years.... love the Payap girls too....

you on the other hand are blasting everything Thai

.you have gone to far...

Mods delete mudpies post it insults my paridise,my home and my freinds homes and all the Thai people.this mapguy insults Thailand

at least get him some consulting ...

I just read almost the whole thread and I feel like writing few words as a Payap student.

First of all Im a little confused the question in this thread was about MBA programme in CM in ENGLISH, right? Please correct me if Im wrong, but there are not really any other options than Payap? CMU don't really have any international MBA programme in ENGLISH? So let's leave that there. If there is only one school offering such a programme there is not really anything to compare it with.

I studied almost decade ago 2 semesters in Bangkok University which was my first touch into education in Thailand. I think BUIC (international college) was pretty much beautiful girls, rich kids and nice building. The level of teaching wasn't great in my opinion at least not compared to what I was used to back in home (Finland).

About 3 years back I was living in Bangkok, but decided to move up north to CM I started to search for different MBA programmes in English. My main source was google but I also asked from some Thai friends and CMU was the first choice, but I also found Payap. I emailed both... several times and never received reply from either of them so I decided to do a trip to CM and see why it is so hard to answer my inquiries. I started with CMU. I visited couple of times and I with my limited Thai language skills I found it extremely difficult and frustrating. I could not find students, faculty members or even professors who could speak English. I decided to get a translator and come back again. Now I found the office of international studies. Again they could not really speak more than yes and no, but they did give me some brochures and talked with my translator and I found out that they really don't want any foreign students as even the programme is called international all the students are Thais and they don't understand foreign languages so the classes would be in Thai. So that was it... Im off to Payap.

Arriving to Payap I see some short skirted nice looking student girls and ask them about where I can apple for the MBA programme and I get few nice smiles and finger pointing towards the direction of the graduate building. I get there, meet the head of the programme, change few words with him and fill in the forms. After that I start the hard work of translating my Finnish BA certificate, recommendations etc in to English and finally get the papers ready, take the TOEFL test and interviews and pass both, Im ready to start studying.

When I start my programme Im not too impressed with the school. The building dont have elevator, the toilets dont have paper and the computers are something that would be considered hazardous waste back home. Also I find all these forms a bit hilarious and so 90s as we have computer systems and it would be much easier to go online and fill in the forms with your favorite browser. The first few courses are also relatively easy to pass (not with good grade though).

Now 2 years have gone and Im almost finished with my studies. 2 more weeks to go and Im starting my last course and thesis. I think I see Payap very differently now. Like said before the MBA classes are on weekends so there are no short skirted young students in their uniforms around =( In my classes we only have on female (Thai-Canadian). All the guys are from different parts of the world, but we do have one Thai as well. For me one of the problems has been the language. As you can probably tell English is not my first language.. not even second. So we non-native English speakers who count over half of the students in IMBA have to give some extra effort to pass the courses.

More to the point Payap got some great professors (and btw. I think some have got this point wrong, all the teachers teaching IMBA programme has to have PhD, except for English teachers). I could honestly say that the best 3 teachers/professors I have had in my life are all from Payap and that is the key factor why I would recommend Payap IMBA programme. Having said that I think the main factor what they could improve is the administration and bureaucracy. I can't believe that year 2009 I can't log in to Payap's website and to see all the courses that will be available this year and to choose which ever I feel that are the most suitable for me. Hopefully this will be fixed. Before I was asked about the administration problems I would say that if you wish to drop and ad course after they started and you need to go over the campus to get 5 signatures on a piece of paper is not really this century and I see that as Payap's weakest point.

But as well as some other students and teachers above Im also more than happy to tell you about the Payap's IMBA programme if you wish, I bet almost any of our students would be. Most of us are farangs and would not mind to visit the uni at weekdays to show you around and see some of those famous short skirted students.

Ozzi Jarvinen, 31, Finnish

IMBA Student, Payap University

ps. I about what the IMBA is actually worth is better to ask the graduate students, I believe Im one of the few that don't get 10 great work offers after graduation, but I don't need one as I got work already, but at least Payap was good enough for the authorities in Finland to grant me student grant and allow me to continue for PhD in Finland if I decide to (there are other requirements to fill in as well). But I would be very surprised if students graduated from Paya's IMBA programme would do very well in salary comparison to other programmes in any other Uni in Northern Thailand. Having said that I don't believe that money is the right way to measure and compare the degrees, but even getting the education from Pay-Up I couldn't figure anything better =)

ozzi,

i enjoyed your post one of the few real ones saying something. CMU is the largest pubic university outside of bangkok which is set up to teach Thai people. sure...

i hope you understand if you read my post i am a joking all the time , at play .. to some that have no humor in their hearts they have big problems with grasping levels of humor . the only thing i was serious about is the Payap Thai girls .... if you are not married spend time on campus during the week.... you will get to know some very sweet Thai cuties ... the tight shirted ,short skirted Payap girls ...many cuts above some of the Thai girls many typical farang meet .....i guess you know this by now anyway..

regardless you are one of few that have put up real information ,something that rings true.

thanks.

Edited by gatorhead333

The law provides that VA beneficiaries may not pursue programs of education at schools outside of the United States unless they are pursuing approved programs leading to a standard college degree, or the equivalent, at approved institutions of higher learning. The only exception is for persons eligible for Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance (Chapter 35) who may receive VA benefits while pursuing approved postsecondary non-college degree programs at training establishments in the Philippines.

The term "institution of higher learning" means a college or university offering programs of instruction leading to an associate degree or higher, or its equivalent. The programs must be recognized as being comparable to a degree granted by accredited U. S. colleges and universities. VA will accept degrees granted by public colleges and universities in foreign countries as being comparable to degrees granted by accredited U. S. colleges and universities. Degrees, or their equivalent, granted by private colleges and universities in foreign countries must be comparable to degrees granted by public colleges and universities in the same country. Degree or equivalent programs must have the same entrance requirements as the degree programs offered by public colleges and universities in the same country.

my confused Half right yapping pup .... half wrong plus tax...! blah blah blah ,and who the heck cares... i can not read this bull- hockey above but you need to find yourself.....get a grip on your package.you off the page now...

CMU is not private it is public... i am glad payap has found the baby jesus thru the church of christ... what? who cares!!!! jesus doesn't ....

Gator, you really should enroll in Payap's English Communications program. It would really help your writing and your reading. It is so difficult to understand what you are talking about most of the time.

I also think that no one is taking you serious on this thread. Your comments are full of hate and vile. I would suggest you get some counseling before you fall apart.

Good luck Gator. I hope things work out for you.

but i wish i had all the leasure time like you do as a teacher at payap ,My Good Lord i wish i had the time to be stolling Payap-Payap eyeing,then chatting up and taking out the beautiful tight shirted, short skirted Payap dolls.. good professor i envy you in this regard!!!

you may well know the old saying: those that can not do ...teach.... but at Payap you can still do...

[/b]

:)

When it comes to those short skirted tight shirted Payap girls I have to say that Bangkok University did better. I think the ratio was even better in BU than it is in Payap. Also I might be a little bios here as in BU I where single guy in my early 20's where as in Payap Im married guy in my early 30's, but Gator I still know what you talking about.

Anyone looking to enroll to Payap's IMBA programme should realize that the classes are on weekends and you will not see those short skirted tight shirted Payap girls at campus. We do have some really fine girls in the programme though, but most of them are not Thais if that is what you are looking for. So if you after the short skirted girls I think its better not to roll in to the IMBA programme, but rather try the undergraduate Thai programme, perhaps the nursing school which is also part of Payap??

but now seriously Gator.... do you think the the Payap girls are more short skirted and tight shirted that the ones in CMU? I live nearby CMU on Suthep rd and like to go to the campus when ever I have half change to go to post office or eat on one of those Huaw Kaew road restaurants which are crowded with CMU students and I haven't really pointed out and remarkable difference in the length of the skirts are tightness of the shirts between CMU and Payap girls.

Gator do you have any evidence to back your claim? Videos and photos would be greatly appreciated. If you want to help me to study this fact I would be very interested to do some research on this field. Im doubt it would be accepted as a Thesis in Payap, but would surely be appreciated and read by many TV readers. But as we know for any good research work we should be non biased and think really carefully the measurements to use. Perhaps the Payap girls have longer legs? This should also be part of the studies. How do you measure the tightness of the shirt? Whether you can slide in 1,2 or 3 fingers or even the full hand??

Without proper study and evidence I would not buy it as a fact that Payap girls have shorter skirts and tighter shirts, but Im willing to help and I think I even might find some sponsors for this study. First thing we need to determine the sample size and for that we need confidence level and the size of the population (number of students in each schools). Lets assume that the sample size would be 300 with 95% confidence level. How do we reach this sample. It should be random. We could either choose from the list of students every 20th or so on... or just go to campus and every 10th female student would be measured. Here comes the dilemma. Not sure if I want to measure every 10th, but if someone wants to take this study seriously Im more than happy to help to analyze the results and see the sampling and measuring project.

Ozzi and Richard, Save your breath. TV is full of super duper members who got that way because they have to make comments to every post. These people are not the ones that Payap University wants to have in their IBMBA program anyway. It is hard to understand why anyone with absolutely no connection with Payap, let alone having been a student in the program, arfe allowed by the moderators to make the kinds of sexist, biased, and uneducated remarks they are being allowed to make.

Every thing with these people seem to revolve around pretty Thai girls and the clothes they wear. The truth of the matter is that most of our MBA females would probable have nothing to do with people who talk like that anyway.

Lastly, in the 11 years I have been in Thailand, whenever you run into an employee or manager around Chiang Mai wo are enthusiastic, customer oriented, successful professionals, they are quick to indicate they went to Payap. That says alot about the kind of school Payap is. Anyone who has completed the IBMBA program are highly qualified to get really well paying professional jobs, if they so desire.

By replying to this kind of thread with comments from the so called super duper members, you are giving them a chance to become even bigger super duper members.

You both are a class above all of this.

There are many moderators and members who really make every effort to help people that need information. To those people I commend you. To the others, well..........

Gator, you really should enroll in Payap's English Communications program. It would really help your writing and your reading. It is so difficult to understand what you are talking about most of the time.

I also think that no one is taking you serious on this thread. Your comments are full of hate and vile. I would suggest you get some counseling before you fall apart.

lifer , as in life in prison??

maybe you have spent the better part of your life on another planet...as a lifer you take yourself very seriously i guess.... too bad for you ..bad for the heart and social life for that matter get some help so you can adjust to the world around you ,enjoy humor of many kind, and the company of girls maybe ,,i know it will take years to intergate but it is possible ,keep the faith.

if you take me seriously you need serious daily help/ assistance since you would have to have the mentality of a six year old..

things work out for me??? well i certainly pray for you and thanks for your concerns . i admit up front i am not a lifer in that i have never been behind prison walls for my life nor see the inside of a jail so you could start another thread on what this is like or possibly help the writers on the T.V. series prison break.....

for tv 'er thinking anything matters including spell check justs turn the page or close your eye or maybe look away....

if you read my stuff then maybe you have time to spend at Payap ..i am not sure if pretty shirt skirted tight shirted Payap girls matter if a lifer??

i have no time to take the soap box ranting self serving lifers crying there boo hoos becuase the mods let things ride.

so for now....breath very deep .relax and feel the energy of your body flow...

Edited by gatorhead333

but now seriously Gator.... do you think the the Payap girls are more short skirted and tight shirted that the ones in CMU? I live nearby CMU on Suthep rd and like to go to the campus when ever I have half change to go to post office or eat on one of those Huaw Kaew road restaurants which are crowded with CMU students and I haven't really pointed out and remarkable difference in the length of the skirts are tightness of the shirts between CMU and Payap girls.

Gator do you have any evidence to back your claim? Videos and photos would be greatly appreciated. If you want to help me to study this fact I would be very interested to do some research on this field. Im doubt it would be accepted as a Thesis in Payap, but would surely be appreciated and read by many TV readers. But as we know for any good research work we should be non biased and think really carefully the measurements to use. Perhaps the Payap girls have longer legs? This should also be part of the studies. How do you measure the tightness of the shirt? Whether you can slide in 1,2 or 3 fingers or even the full hand??

Without proper study and evidence I would not buy it as a fact that Payap girls have shorter skirts and tighter shirts, but Im willing to help and I think I even might find some sponsors for this study. First thing we need to determine the sample size and for that we need confidence level and the size of the population (number of students in each schools). Lets assume that the sample size would be 300 with 95% confidence level. How do we reach this sample. It should be random. We could either choose from the list of students every 20th or so on... or just go to campus and every 10th female student would be measured. Here comes the dilemma. Not sure if I want to measure every 10th, but if someone wants to take this study seriously Im more than happy to help to analyze the results and see the sampling and measuring project.

ozzi, Great post . now we have some real ideas ,some deep heterosexual thinking and a proposal for a study that well set new standards ending in a ground swell of non married farangs flocking to Payap for the Thai girls with long legs....with this one you have hit a sweet spot for sure... long legged Thai girls.... i may sell my biz here, retired and help out with this one....

you know ozzi there are private for profit MBA programs everywhere on the planet ...now a dime a dozen ,,be it payap or other ten cent schools around the world

but here ,now you have touched the wings of an angle!

again wonderful post keep it up! yo are one of the gifted ones for sure here on TV

little richard,our payap TV cheerleader ,

well are you half right or half wrong ... hate a vile...give the world and yourself a big break and

get a grip! .. If you can not read my post maybe take a code breaking course at Payap.

Now we worry for you here on TV..... the wrold is full of hate and vile and wicked people... but TV isn't ..u r on a bad road you need to take the fork in that road now! take that high road tha being said.....................

today for many it is a holy day take a moment to consult your God,breath deep...

my comments are light and quite airy at best so you are stuck on yourself thinking what you think matters... very ,very silly.

chearleaders need to be sweet and smile ....so be happy!

hey i really tried to editthis one juts for you richard ! r u getting happier now???

Edited by gatorhead333

richard, when you tried to validate Payap by talking about christain blah blah blah.. go to your God today and rejoice and feel the energy of your body flow... this is good practice and fine but not everybody cares. my faith tells me this doesn't validate anything to do with education in thailand ...but maybe this is another of these half rights...

I went to U.F. hense gatorhead ..at that university a 1/2 right was a wrong ! NO CREDIT! maybe Payap scores test in a better way for you....1/2 right is right?

again CMU is public as bad as you want to say otherwise..... their cost have to be controlled at the U level..cost more to go there now for students sure ,paying people different sure, i addresses this earlier break the code on that post and try to grasp the facts and understand.

A "technical" Payap..well maybe half right.. In the beginning Payap had to have money having a bottom line .being a for profit school christain backed or not they needed cash every semester so they took any Thai with the money.. for the technical students ,which in thailand means CMU and all other public schools in thailand would have ranked these unqualified thai prospective post highschool students as technical level students which means not accepable to the public Thai university ,not up to the U's standards so they would not be granted admission into the big public U's no way... in thailand they classify their high school grads everybody test nationwide and you are assigned a school and even told what you can amjor in many times . Some students are just technical level ...technical student ..in the Payap beginning payap filled a nich selling seats /space to Thai people with money to spend thaqt wanted to go to collage somewhere.. anywhere...

Payap long before its mba program was doing good biz making money filling a much needed nich in Thailand same as is done all over the world with new for profit u's ..this is all past tense as far as payap goes..

now Payap is much different at the undergrad level at least it is hard to get in !.things change, U's mature at least at the undergrad level and now Payap is much higher standards yes.....bless by our Lord or not... Payap is big time at undergrad level for sure here in Thailand.

Edited by gatorhead333

lifer , as in life in prison??

maybe you have spent the better part of your life on another planet...as a lifer you take yourself very seriously i guess.... too bad for you ..bad for the heart and social life for that matter get some help so you can adjust to the world around you ,enjoy humor of many kind, and the company of girls maybe ,,i know it will take years to intergate but it is possible ,keep the faith.

if you take me seriously you need serious daily help/ assistance since you would have to have the mentality of a six year old..

things work out for me??? well i certainly pray for you and thanks for your concerns . i admit up front i am not a lifer in that i have never been behind prison walls for my life nor see the inside of a jail so you could start another thread on what this is like or possibly help the writers on the T.V. series prison break.....

for tv 'er thinking anything matters including spell check justs turn the page or close your eye or maybe look away....

if you read my stuff then maybe you have time to spend at Payap ..i am not sure if pretty shirt skirted tight shirted Payap girls matter if a lifer??

i have no time to take the soap box ranting self serving lifers crying there boo hoos becuase the mods let things ride.

so for now....breath very deep .relax and feel the energy of your body flow...

Sorry Gator, seems your getting my post confused with another post. That's ok. Your not saying much.

Ozzi and Richard, Save your breath. TV is full of super duper members who got that way because they have to make comments to every post. These people are not the ones that Payap University wants to have in their IBMBA program anyway. It is hard to understand why anyone with absolutely no connection with Payap, let alone having been a student in the program, arfe allowed by the moderators to make the kinds of sexist, biased, and uneducated remarks they are being allowed to make.

Every thing with these people seem to revolve around pretty Thai girls and the clothes they wear. The truth of the matter is that most of our MBA females would probable have nothing to do with people who talk like that anyway.

Lastly, in the 11 years I have been in Thailand, whenever you run into an employee or manager around Chiang Mai wo are enthusiastic, customer oriented, successful professionals, they are quick to indicate they went to Payap. That says alot about the kind of school Payap is. Anyone who has completed the IBMBA program are highly qualified to get really well paying professional jobs, if they so desire.

By replying to this kind of thread with comments from the so called super duper members, you are giving them a chance to become even bigger super duper members.

There are many moderators and members who really make every effort to help people that need information. To those people I commend you. To the others, well..........

lifer... I know you are relatively new expat here so let me explain something ;;;.Thailand is a very mellow place and the people that wait on you here it seems are always very pleasant ..this is why Thailand is called the Land of Smiles.....

i am very glad you find the employees at the countless 7/11's the Macro's ,UPS.Fed Ex. etc helpful and friendly ... i am in a bit of a wonder though..... the Payap ones is it their long legs is this how you discern a young Payap lass from maybe a CMU or other Graduate?? or do you ask at each 7/11 as you get your change and a big smile...

oh by the way your legs seem quite long and smile is so very nice...you must hhave a Payap payap degree??? come on give us all a break....

Thailand has the most friendly, helpful, caring people on earth. Thai people are sweet and helpful

once eveybody wears a I went to Payap or i attented CMU tag........................this is justs such a silly again!

lifer... I know you are relatively new expat here so let me explain something ;;;.Thailand is a very mellow place and the people that wait on you here it seems are always very pleasant ..this is why Thailand is called the Land of Smiles.....

i am very glad you find the employees at the countless 7/11's the Macro's ,UPS.Fed Ex. etc helpful and friendly ... i am in a bit of a wonder though..... the Payap ones is it their long legs is this how you discern a young Payap lass from maybe a CMU or other Graduate?? or do you ask at each 7/11 as you get your change and a big smile...

oh by the way your legs seem quite long and smile is so very nice...you must hhave a Payap payap degree??? come on give us all a break....

Thailand has the most friendly, helpful, caring people on earth. Thai people are sweet and helpful

once eveybody wears a I went to Payap or i attented CMU tag........................this is justs such a silly again!

Once again you don't know what you are talking about. I think you just like to hear yourself talk. I'm sure everyone who reads your ranting can see through it.

I realized one thing when following the topic. There is some kind of debate between public vs private uni. Could someone tell me why being public would make something better than private? Coming from country where almost all schools are public but the few private ones are probably the best ones as well as with hospitals. Im actually thinking that being private uni or hospital (just for example) is usually someway better than public as they have to do something right to survive where as public institution can do everything wrong and can still continue their existence.

Again Im not saying that as overall Payap would be better than CMU. How could I. To do such a claim I would need to be average student (Thai) and studied in both Uni's.

But what I can claim is that for non Thai, or better English speaking student Payap is a better choice with length of leg at least.

Once again you don't know what you are talking about. I think you just like to hear yourself talk. I'm sure everyone who reads your ranting can see through it.

I'm a little torn, because on one hand gator took a thread that probably would have died within 24 hours of the OP and got everyone so riled up that some really informative, well written posts were contributed.

On the other hand I'm getting really sick of reading his garbage posts. They don't seem to serve any purpose except to try and make everyone angry and start pointless arguments.

From the forum rules:

In using Thai Visa I agree:...

...4) Not to flame fellow members.

Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.

Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

I think the majority of his posts from the last two pages fall under one of these two categories.

I realized one thing when following the topic. There is some kind of debate between public vs private uni. Could someone tell me why being public would make something better than private? Coming from country where almost all schools are public but the few private ones are probably the best ones as well as with hospitals. Im actually thinking that being private uni or hospital (just for example) is usually someway better than public as they have to do something right to survive where as public institution can do everything wrong and can still continue their existence.

Again Im not saying that as overall Payap would be better than CMU. How could I. To do such a claim I would need to be average student (Thai) and studied in both Uni's.

But what I can claim is that for non Thai, or better English speaking student Payap is a better choice with length of leg at least.

nobody claimed public is better or private is better someone states CMU is not public but private trolling for $ same as Payap .

this is what started this CMU public or private debate.

The big old private U is usally better than public U at least in USA.

oh i get it now...i just can not see the invisable CMU or Payap tags on the foreheads so i can not tell which employess are the smiling helpful Payap grads and which are all others. I have had very good experience with dealing with many, many sales people, owners of companies,suppliers etc. I would have to say i would have great trouble telling payap employee from any other grad. taking my order ,taking care of my business needs in Thailand. this justs seems a silly post lifer.... the happy.helpful Payap employee post.Once again, almost all thais employess are happy and helpful.. Thailand ,the Land of Smiles

Edited by gatorhead333

It is pretty obvious that Gatorhead is just having a light-hearted laugh - no reason for the intelligentsia of Payap University to try to dog pile the guy! :D

There are moments he seems to be doing that well enough himself and doesn' :) t need others to do it for him.