Chang Freeman Harley Shop

saorsa

I have been surfing around and making enquiries for buying a Harley or similar when i get home to BKK after this trip offshore. Chang Freeman seems to have the best prices for used Harleys by a large margin. Has anyone bought from him here? If so, did you get a legit green book with your bike? Are you happy with your purchase? And is his shop easy to find? I was going to jump in a txi and get the taxi driver to phone him for directions.

cheers

Yes, I bought my Dyna Street bob from him. Great price, No English though, he's in Suphanburi, its a bit hard to find but I can show you on any Saturday afternoon if you like.......

As far as the greenbook ,he gave me the number of the company that he deals with ,so I could deal directly with them, it's been over 2 months now,that seems to be the norm.

Gerry aka FB

Ok, so I need to add 80k to the price to have a legal bike then? Were all the import taxes etc taken care of with correct paperwork?

Thanks for the offer on going there on a sat afternoon...may well take you up on it. i found suphan buri on encarta map and it looks to be about 60 miles from BKK, so maybe 90 mins by taxi?

Yes, I bought my Dyna Street bob from him. Great price, No English though, he's in Suphanburi, its a bit hard to find but I can show you on any Saturday afternoon if you like.......

As far as the greenbook ,he gave me the number of the company that he deals with ,so I could deal directly with them, it's been over 2 months now,that seems to be the norm.

Gerry aka FB

I have been surfing around and making enquiries for buying a Harley or similar when i get home to BKK after this trip offshore. Chang Freeman seems to have the best prices for used Harleys by a large margin. Has anyone bought from him here? If so, did you get a legit green book with your bike? Are you happy with your purchase? And is his shop easy to find? I was going to jump in a txi and get the taxi driver to phone him for directions.

cheers

Hi Saorsa,

I have a 1997 Like new Dyna Wide Glide I may have to sell due to some medical issues. I purchased the bike from the local authorized Harley dealer about seven years ago so it was imported legally with all taxes paid. Bike has 35k kilometers on the clock, has never been wrecked or dropped. I have not fully decided on selling this bike but I will know by the end of next month.

Hi Saorsa,

I have a 1997 Like new Dyna Wide Glide I may have to sell due to some medical issues. I purchased the bike from the local authorized Harley dealer about seven years ago so it was imported legally with all taxes paid. Bike has 35k kilometers on the clock, has never been wrecked or dropped. I have not fully decided on selling this bike but I will know by the end of next month.

Hi Mate,

I'm really looking for something after 2000, like street bob, fat bob or nighttrain, or possibly one of the modern Jap customs like M109R or XV1900.

Cheers

jamie

Hi Saorsa,

Hi Mate,

I'm really looking for something after 2000, like street bob, fat bob or nighttrain, or possibly one of the modern Jap customs like M109R or XV1900.

Cheers

jamie

Should be no problem to find locally what you're looking for. Good luck.

Cheers

Ok, Hotrod in pattaya prices actually dont seem as bad as i thought then as they included a green book. Did you have to do anything other than pay the company to get the greenbook sorted? I am overseas working a lot and dont have time (or thai skills) to sort that side of things out.

Yes add on 80,000 baht to the price, but this should help you; you can pay that company half in advance then the balance when they give you the book /plate. I thought you had to pay 100%, it took me over 4 months to get the 80,000

nothing else yet..........I'm waiting for the call to have the bike inspected(emissions test), its been more than 2 months now.

I have no idea whats involved at the testing centre or how long it takes ,so anyone with first hand experience can chime here if they want?

I'd say if you told Chang Freeman your situation he could do the paperwork/emissions test for you while you're out of the country...just an idea

That sounds a good plan if I buy there. i intend visiting Hotrod in pattaya plus the main HD dealers and a couple of other shops in BKK for a look around before buying anything. Prices are always a bit more negotiable when you are standing in the shop, so there may be other good deals around. I dont mind paying a bit extra to save hassle if there is something already with a greenbook, but I dont want to get ripped off too much.

cheers

btw when I went to buy the bike I paid a Thai 1,000 baht to come along and make sure everything was above board.

I was looking at buying one of his bikes, all was cool my wife was doing the negotiations. With all the problems lately (Customs confiscating bikes for not having the right duty paid on page 18 in the green book), we started asking more and more questions about the bikes history and invoices for duty etc... Funny a bike that was advertised for a very long time we were told was sold 15 minutes ago. It seemed that when we started asking questions he couldnt answer he just told us the bike was sold. Maybe it was?

That sounds a good plan if I buy there. i intend visiting Hotrod in pattaya plus the main HD dealers and a couple of other shops in BKK for a look around before buying anything. Prices are always a bit more negotiable when you are standing in the shop, so there may be other good deals around. I dont mind paying a bit extra to save hassle if there is something already with a greenbook, but I dont want to get ripped off too much.

cheers

Hi Soarsa,

i bought my bike at Hot Rod Pattaya 5 months ago. A HD Softail 2007 with 2000km. I got it with greenbook on my name and registration + numberplates (number i can choose), all in price included. And the conversation was mainly with internet and by phone. You can PM me also if you have any questions.

Greetings, Tom

I have emailed with Ed from Hotrod a few times, he has a Streetbob for sale, but it has had no money spent on it and 13k on the clock, so i want him to knock the price down a fair bit more. Ironhorse has a nighttrain on their site also which i think comes with a green book. I'll take a trip down to ptya when I am back and visit both shops (I have done 13 weeks at sea now, so need a trip to ptya anyway).

cheers

Hi Soarsa,

i bought my bike at Hot Rod Pattaya 5 months ago. A HD Softail 2007 with 2000km. I got it with greenbook on my name and registration + numberplates (number i can choose), all in price included. And the conversation was mainly with internet and by phone. You can PM me also if you have any questions.

Greetings, Tom

You mean one like these.

< :)

Hi Mate,

Cheers

jamie

I was looking at buying one of his bikes, all was cool my wife was doing the negotiations. With all the problems lately (Customs confiscating bikes for not having the right duty paid on page 18 in the green book), we started asking more and more questions about the bikes history and invoices for duty etc... Funny a bike that was advertised for a very long time we were told was sold 15 minutes ago. It seemed that when we started asking questions he couldnt answer he just told us the bike was sold. Maybe it was?

sounds dodgy alright by the sounds of that............

I like both the Raider and the midnight warrior (both are same engine with no ugly rad). I was quoted 920,000THB to get a 2009 raider R imported and a 2 month wait time. I havent had a bike on the road since i sold my last Humpty Dumptyson last July, so want instant gratification rather than putting a deposit down and waiting 2 months.

You mean one like these.

< :)

• 3 weeks later...

Update......Got the call yesterday to bring bike in this week for the inspection, said they'd have the bike for 10 days!!!!!!Gotta be some way round that?

There has got to be someone on this board who has been through this process, I would like to know what's involved

PLEASE

sounds dodgy alright by the sounds of that............

I doubt it very much, I'm guessing of course that you phoned him rather than being there face to face. What's he to think when a thai women(again,I'm guessing) calls asking alot of questions about things that might imply he's crooked in some way ?

Don't forget he was one of the vendors at the Bangkok Bike Fest.

I have to say he's been upfront, honest, and professional in every way so far.

Once I have my book and plate and verified then people here will know someone was treated right and perhaps they'd feel more comfortable dealing with him.I know it has been a real worry for me not knowing...cos it's a helluva lot of money and of course you tend to hear more about Thai dealer's ripping off farangs on forums

That's just my two bahts worth on that subject.