Work permit rules to change - again!

wolf5370

Read here:

Work Permit Rules to Change Again.

K. Yuvaves also confirmed that the existing qualification allowing a foreigner who has paid 18,000 baht personal income tax in the past to receive a work permit, will be scrapped.

They don't even want those living here that are paying taxes and legitimate.

What is going on here?

Do they not realise that insular nationalism is no different from communism to economics - that is, it doesn't work on a world stage. Global economy makes countries richer, and thus it people. Taksin is digging deeper and deeper into nationalism (towards facism?) - this is looking dangerous and precarious for Thailand and her people. As every other insular country opens up as it sees the benefits of a global economy and the dangers of staying out (China and Vietnam for example) Thailand is steadily closing its doors.

I do agree partly with wolf, all this is really not far either form communism or dictatorship ...

I don't think that this time we can say wait and see ...

it is going to change, like a few month ago when they declared that illegal copies(software) and their providers should be eradicated, it took a lot of time before anything changed a little.

now they said that it has to be done, and I guess that it's going to be done, and this, not only because of GWB at the apec time.

the apec has a very little to do with all this.

it concerns Thai life, so Thai people and poor us leaving here.

I have this feeling that Thailand is going the wrong way, but this is my opinion, like wolf said, Vietnam is doing a lot better,

they are doing opposite to what Thailand is doing these days.

and sorry, but I don't think that that the imf needs a scapegoat, it's over ...

i've been in thailand for 5 years and over the past 6 months thailands seems to have started to change its attitude towards farangs living here, i think this is more to do with the government than ordinary thai people, i love living here and i dont want to leave but the thought is starting to enter my head that i might have too. i guess theres ways around everything.

i feel lucky to live here and its not my country of birth and really i have no right to complain about these new laws its up to the thai goverment to decide. i think its wrong but let them find out for themselves when there are no teachers around to teach there children and toursim is starting to be the number 3 earner.. ill stay here untill i have no opitions left and when that times comes im going to cambodia or somewhere else in s.e.a. this whole thing is just causing resentment for alot of people and i hope it isnt as bad as most of us fear, more new rules about work permits today... what else will it be tomorrow???