Pbair Rj's

TBWG

Hi

Having just looked at the PBair website I see that all their flights are now on ATR72's any idea what happened to the Embraer Regional Jets.

Last time I flew PBair it was on a BKK -BFV sector operated by Bangkok airways ATR. On asking where the RJ was I was told undergoing C check!

Just curious as the RJ is a nice piece of equipment!

TBWG :)

Hi

Having just looked at the PBair website I see that all their flights are now on ATR72's any idea what happened to the Embraer Regional Jets.

Last time I flew PBair it was on a BKK -BFV sector operated by Bangkok airways ATR. On asking where the RJ was I was told undergoing C check!

Just curious as the RJ is a nice piece of equipment!

Sorry missed off my last posting.

I understand this is a cost saving exercise as the jets were at the end of their contract period, and Bangkok Airways offered a good price for leasing the prop planes which were standing idle due to reduced passenger numbers.

The comfort level of these planes is far below the jets, the noise and vibration make the flight seem much longer now.

I fly PB Air often to Nan and had also wondered what had happened to the great 50 seater Embraers. An article in last Friday's Bangkok Post explained that, yes, they have returned them after the lease and taken on the turbo props from Bangkok Airways. It further said this move had helped return the airline to profitability. But as you say, the "new" old aircraft are slower and noisier. No reduction in fares though. Which still gives PB Air the dubious honour of operating the most expensive domestic routes in Thailand. I am sure that lower airfares may have really been the answer to PB Air's problem. They are just too expensive.....

I fly PB Air often to Nan and had also wondered what had happened to the great 50 seater Embraers. An article in last Friday's Bangkok Post explained that, yes, they have returned them after the lease and taken on the turbo props from Bangkok Airways. It further said this move had helped return the airline to profitability. But as you say, the "new" old aircraft are slower and noisier. No reduction in fares though. Which still gives PB Air the dubious honour of operating the most expensive domestic routes in Thailand. I am sure that lower airfares may have really been the answer to PB Air's problem. They are just too expensive.....

Thanks for the info guys.