Uk Visitor Visa

Hi My girlfriend has submitted her (huge!) UK visitor visa application. She is worried that she did not include some sort of house/population/census document she has, which details the names of the people in her family. I don't know what this document is but she thinks it was mentioned on the TV screens in the VFS office as something you should include. Does anyone know what this document is and if it's required for the tourist visa?I guess this would possibly serve as evidence to support the details of her family which she put on the VAF1 form, but during my research I haven't seen any mention of it being required and the only similar thing on the embassy document checklist is the Thai ID card copy which we've included. Cheers

Hi My girlfriend has submitted her (huge!) UK visitor visa application. She is worried that she did not include some sort of house/population/census document she has, which details the names of the people in her family. I don't know what this document is but she thinks it was mentioned on the TV screens in the VFS office as something you should include. Does anyone know what this document is and if it's required for the tourist visa?I guess this would possibly serve as evidence to support the details of her family which she put on the VAF1 form, but during my research I haven't seen any mention of it being required and the only similar thing on the embassy document checklist is the Thai ID card copy which we've included. Cheers

its not her Blue book is it . if it is it just like a Council document to say where she lives or lived

It's a Tabien Baan or house registration book. All Thais must be registered at their, or their family, house, so it basically lists everybody at/from that house. Whatever a thai has to do officially they have to give a copy of their ID card and a copy of the relevant pages in the tabien baan showing the address and their own personal details. I don't know if it's necessary but my wife has always included a copy with her visa applications. Ring the VFS office and they'll be able to tell you if she needs to give a copy to them.

Thanks for the help. I've now spoken to VFS who aren't allowed to tell me if she should have submitted the tabien baan! As it's such a standard document I don't see why there can't be a clear answer as to whether you need to submit it. On the checklist though it only mentions the ID card. We aren't allowed to send any further documents now but the good news they said if the embassy needs to see tabien baan they will call her and ask for it to be sent over - so hopefully there's no risk of a rejected application for not including it in the first place.

Thanks for the help. I've now spoken to VFS who aren't allowed to tell me if she should have submitted the tabien baan! As it's such a standard document I don't see why there can't be a clear answer as to whether you need to submit it. On the checklist though it only mentions the ID card. We aren't allowed to send any further documents now but the good news they said if the embassy needs to see tabien baan they will call her and ask for it to be sent over - so hopefully there's no risk of a rejected application for not including it in the first place.

kwon i would not worry about this,

late last year when my then fiance now wife applied for her first visit visa

she did not include this with her application and she was granted the visa

no problams.

but this year when she applied for her settlement visa she included it,

as when we registerd our marrage at the local umper they changed

her maiden name in her parents blue book,and we just thought we would

include this as more supportive evedence for us :)

Thanks for useful comments it"s a relief that we don't need it - would have gone mad if after all the time we spent putting the application pack together we missed a vital doc! Now waiting to hear if she gets the visa, fingers crossed...