Extra-marital Affairs Top Thai Family Problems

george

Extra-marital affairs top family problems

BANGKOK: -- Husbands’ extra-marital affairs ranks top of Thailand's family problems, according to a leading women's rights activist.

Nearly half of the 1,508 complaints referred to the Happy Family Centre (HFC) between 14 February 2004 and 31 January 2005 concerned extra-marital affairs by husbands, the HFC chairwoman, Rabiabrat Pongpanit, told TNA on Wednesday.

Nearly 1,200 cases, or 80 percent, of the complaints referred to the centre have been successfully dealt with, she said.

Western influences and materialism, especially among younger people, were the key reasons behind many family problems, Mrs. Rabiabrat said.

The HFC will be upgraded to be an association on its first anniversary on 13 February, when an executive board will be selected. \

--TNA 2005-02-10

BANGKOK: --  Husbands’ extra-marital affairs ranks top of Thailand's family problems, according to a leading women's rights activist.

Nearly half of the 1,508 complaints referred to the Happy Family Centre (HFC) between 14 February 2004 and 31 January 2005 concerned extra-marital affairs by husbands, the HFC chairwoman, Rabiabrat Pongpanit, told TNA on Wednesday.

Western influences and materialism, especially among younger people, were the key reasons behind many family problems, Mrs. Rabiabrat said.

--TNA 2005-02-10

uhuh :o

I fail to see how the west is a bad influence in that, can anyone enlighten me?

BANGKOK: --  Husbands’ extra-marital affairs ranks top of Thailand's family problems, according to a leading women's rights activist.

--TNA 2005-02-10

uhuh :o

I fail to see how the west is a bad influence in that, can anyone enlighten me?

Ask Doctor John.He will have a beaut answer for this. :D I suppose that it has nothing to do with THAI history and common law second wives etc. :D

I am just amazed by this. Western influence and materialism do not lead to extra marital affairs :o

However I can agree that materialism in a family that cannot afford to be materialistic can lead to problems, however it is unfair to lay that at the feet of western society.

....Nearly 1,200 cases, or 80 percent, of the complaints referred to the centre have been successfully dealt with, she said....

:o:D:D:D What else would she say? "I have totally failed and deserve to be sacked" ?

what did she do....fire all the butterflies :D

got rid of the mai noi's :D

told the wife's to shut-up and get on with life :D

or did she say mai pen rai...don't blame the farangs TIT :D

au revoir :D

Edited by kreon

Referencing another thread:

>>Young people increasingly keen on sex:Poll

BANGKOK: -- Young people in Bangkok are becoming increasingly keen on sex, with many having more than one sexual partner simultaneously and a growing number engaging in 'swinging', according to a poll published today.

The ABAC Poll survey of 1,513 Bangkok residents, aged 15-24, suggests that around 40 percent of young people in the capital attach a high level of importance to Valentine's Day, and that 100,000 young people in Bangkok intend to have sex on the day, next Monday.

Somewhat alarmingly for traditional Thai mores, the survey found that 23.8 percent of respondents tended to have more than one sexual partner on the go at any one time, and that 22.7 percent of respondents made the decision to have sex with someone after having known them for less than a day.<<

so Thai teenage promiscuity develops into infidelity post marriage. What a revelation. Odd, Western influence not being blamed here.

I should help change that next Monday, then!

I think there is nothing to do with western world. Thai men are doing this for a long time. In Thai or most asian cultures, a man who has a lot of wives or concubines, that man is a real man. A man wants to have extra wives, he's good to go, plus, gains lots of respect from his peers as the best, the powerful, and so on. A woman, on the other hands, can even look at a man other than her husband. Sad but true.

For me, the man who has an affair with other women other than his wife is not a real man. He is an unfaithful and disrespectful man period.

Edited by Golf

I always ask new girlfriends "Are sleeping with me because you're influenced by western societal behaviour or are you just an untainted virgin whose innocence is yeilding to the feverous corruption of your ever undulating thighs?"

Usually they just reply "You think too much. Just give me Bam-Bam" :o

Edited by Gazza

I always ask new girlfriends "Are sleeping with me because you're influenced by western societal behaviour or are you just an untainted virgin whose innocence is yeilding to the feverous corruption of your ever undulating thighs?"

Didn't Bam-Bam star with Pebbles on the Flinstones? :D

gazza, it's because you are paying them. No other reason.

I'll be happy to introduce Mrs. Rabiabrat to some revolutionaries still hiding in the Cambodian jungles. The can work together to take Thailand back to year zero if they want.

I'm sure as an intellectual and capitalism basher, Mrs R. will be happy to be the first in line to be shot when the revolution is successful.

and in the bangkok post today,

FAMILY ADVICE CENTRE

Distress calls mostly about mistresses

More than 1,500 complaints about family problems have been lodged with an association offering counselling in the last 12 months.

The association, chaired by Senator Rabiabrat Pongpanich, was set up in February last year. About 44% of the 1,508 complaints it has received were about husbands having mistresses. The rest were about stress in the family. In most cases, complainants said police had also created problems.

The association celebrated its first anniversary yesterday. Formerly known as A centre to promote happiness in the family, it was upgraded to an association last week.

Mrs Rabiabrat, who promotes the one husband, one wife principle, said the association has more than 100 volunteers on its staff and provides free advice.

and &lt;deleted&gt;, now police create the problems, so at last now the farangs are in the clear :D

au revoir :o