Thai Language Courses?

eek

Out of curiosity, does anyone know which Thai Language courses cover the requirements for an Ed Visa? Im not sure if its a path I wish to go down, but its good to know what is available. Particularly courses which cater to the minimum requirement.

Would also be interesting to know which other minimum requirement courses could be done to cover the Ed visa requirement also.

Those interested may like to know that apparently you can work 20 hours or less a week on the Ed Visa too.

Tnx.

If you can wait a little we (Walen School of Thai) will be offering Thai courses with an ED visa assistance as soon as July/August depending on how soon we are able to finish construction.

Walen School of Thai

www.thaiwalen.com

Well, waiting is not a problem, as I just received another 2x TouristVisa, so actually wont be thinking about the Ed Visa option for now.

Macwalen, I looked on your website, and looks great. But, would like to know if you can start from an Intermediate level, rather than beginners as I already speak general conversational Thai, and can read basic Thai. Is there any kind of test to see what level you can start from?

Tnx. :)

If you can wait a little we (Walen School of Thai) will be offering Thai courses with an ED visa assistance as soon as July/August depending on how soon we are able to finish construction.

Walen School of Thai

www.thaiwalen.com

I'm interested in a course at your school, when it opens. Right now I'm about to take one at CMU. I would want to take one that is beyond beginner level, like Eek.

Will the prices be the same as advertised on the website as the other branches? I notice the prices for your classes are about twice as much as AUA. Can you explain why yours are so much more?

Thanks

Dee

Ok, i found a flyer/leaflet about a placed called Pro Language that also offers courses which cover the Student Visa criteria. http://www.prolanguage.co.th/

The leaflet offered a free trial, so ive sent them an email to see if its still available. If so, will try them out. Will let you know how it goes.

The criterion for the ED visa, and subsequent extensions of stay for study, is that the applicant must submit, among other papers, a letter from the Ministry of Education (MoE), which means that the school must be recognised by the MoE, which is the case with every reputable Thai language school and certainly with the two schools so far mentioned in this topic.

Regarding a free trial lesson, it is an excellent idea to sit in on a lesson before signing up for a course to see if the teaching method being used suits you. Again, both schools mentioned in this topic offer this possibility, as would any school of good repute.

--

Maestro

The criterion for the ED visa, and subsequent extensions of stay for study, is that the applicant must submit, among other papers, a letter from the Ministry of Education (MoE), which means that the school must be recognised by the MoE, which is the case with every reputable Thai language school and certainly with the two schools so far mentioned in this topic.

Maestro

[/size]

Although I understand that this is the criteria, in the case of at least one Bankok based school that operates in Chiang Mai applicants had to travel to Bangkok for their visa processing as the registration process for the CM branch had not yet been completed. Just check that this is the case and that visas can be done in CM.

Edited by harrry