T.o.t Phuket Problem

kamelot

my 3mb tot line have been very unstable the last days,dns problems etc...speeds from fantastic to sometimes less then gprs speed.

Upgraded from 2Mb last week,i am in Cherng Talay,Phuket...wondering if somebody else had similar problems?

my 3mb tot line have been very unstable the last days,dns problems etc...speeds from fantastic to sometimes less then gprs speed.

Upgraded from 2Mb last week,i am in Cherng Talay,Phuket...wondering if somebody else had similar problems?

I also have had problems for 2 days, with the ADSL dropping in and out continuously. Sometimes OK for 30 minutes, and then dropping out every 30 seconds.

The ToT guy came to look today - said it was a problem from Bangkok (I am in Udon), and they were sorting it out. He said everyone had problems. I suspect he was bullsh1tting, just to get away. Everything I read on the internet points to a telephone line problem.

I will see what it is like in the morning :)

I'm on the 2MB line in Kamala (Running out of Thalang). Last 4 days has been shocking. I am posting this after what must be the 5th disconnect today. I phoned ToT yesterday and they shuffled me around, told me to restart my modem and eventually told me they would send an engineer out. Even when it's obviously an issue with their service.

I also have had problems for 2 days, with the ADSL dropping in and out continuously. Sometimes OK for 30 minutes, and then dropping out every 30 seconds.

The ToT guy came to look today - said it was a problem from Bangkok (I am in Udon), and they were sorting it out. He said everyone had problems. I suspect he was bullsh1tting, just to get away. Everything I read on the internet points to a telephone line problem.

For the last two evenings (Friday and Saturday), starting around 9PM, I have had no internet service on my ADSL from TOT and I am in Bangkok. Then in the next morning it has been fine as it is now.

On Saturday morning, I called TOT and got the "all operators are busy" recording, waited a while then hung up. When I called the next 10 times, I didn't even get as far as the recording as the number was busy. Hence, it does look like there were (are) a lot of problems in Bangkok. I tried this morning, and back to the all lines are busy recording. I would think, regardless of what they say, they are having difficulties.

For the last two evenings (Friday and Saturday), starting around 9PM, I have had no internet service on my ADSL from TOT and I am in Bangkok. Then in the next morning it has been fine as it is now.

On Saturday morning, I called TOT and got the "all operators are busy" recording, waited a while then hung up. When I called the next 10 times, I didn't even get as far as the recording as the number was busy. Hence, it does look like there were (are) a lot of problems in Bangkok. I tried this morning, and back to the all lines are busy recording. I would think, regardless of what they say, they are having difficulties.

Further to my message above, I just got through and talked to Customer Service at TOT. Normally, the people are very nice, but clearly the one I got had heard enough from other customers and was very cold (it was almost like talking to a recording).

Anyway, he said that they had a problem on Friday and fixed it, then had a problem on Saturday and fixed it again at around 6 PM. I told him I had a problem at 9PM, and then he said he didn't know when it was fixed (10 seconds after saying something else). I then told him that all anyone wants is the truth and on this he hung up on me.