Bad Experience With Cat Telecom Koh Samui

Hi everybody,

please be aware of dealing with CAT Telecom Koh Samui.

I am living on Koh Phangan and where I live there are no telephone lines. I was using CAT CDMA modem until two months ago for in total 14 months.

...and then my CDMA modem had a hardware failure and was send to CAT Samui for repair. It is in repair now since two months and CAT Samui did not bother to invoice me for this time with no service.

Today my PC dealer on Koh Phangan called them for info about my modem. They said they tried to call my wife already which is a lie. Finally they said the modem is out of warranty and the repair costs would be 5.500 THB.

Regarding the invoices for two months no service they agreed on let me pay one month only. So, for only 6.350 THB payment I would receive my repaired modem back and would

be reconnected to service.

This is a FRAUD!!! Nobody has informed me, my wife or my PC dealer about the repair costs. I surely would have refused to pay for it so much but now they have produced a situation where they think they can claim repair costs and one month fee for no service.

I have terminated my CDMA contract with CAT Telecom today as I am not intended to do business with a company acting with no business ethics and I recommend you to do the same.

Now they still keep my CDMA modem which has cost me 10.900 THB a year ago and refuse to deliver back as the are claiming for payment of their imaginary invoices.

Very sad, CAT Telecom Koh Samui. Zero points in all categories:

- after sales service

- customer orientation

- business ethics

- staff training

- management

Usually people who behave like this are called Mafia, Camorrha, Cosa Nostra or PayPal and right here on Koh Samui we have another remarkable example of anarchists who are

professionally extorting customers. Law? Train station? Thailand?

Of course one can roll it up and get all paperwork together and start to sue the guys but everybody knows it not worth to do it and thats what they speculate on. It is so glas clear where their intetion is coming from.

I am very happy with my AIS internet connection via cell phone. all new NOKIAS who support EDGE protocoll can connect to the internet. 1-2-call customers can buy packages up to

250 hours (535 THB) or monthly flat line (1.070 THB) but I am already happy with 250 hours per months.

and: 1-2-call internet connection works NATIONWIDE - at least everywhere where the network is available! this is not the case with CAT CDMA as in the entire BKK area the frequency of CAT CDMA is blocked, so the CDMA modem cant connect in BKK and outskirts.

lazyguy

Edited by lazyguy

switch to using your mobie as a modem. much better only 350bht for 100hrs and it never cuts! had cat for 2 years and it SUCKS

For a newbie, how do you order the 100hrs or 250hrs. Im with AIS one to call pay as you go. What is the expiry of the hours?

Hi everybody,

please be aware of dealing with CAT Telecom Koh Samui.

I am living on Koh Phangan and where I live there are no telephone lines. I was using CAT CDMA modem until two months ago for in total 14 months.

...and then my CDMA modem had a hardware failure and was send to CAT Samui for repair. It is in repair now since two months and CAT Samui did not bother to invoice me for this time with no service.

Today my PC dealer on Koh Phangan called them for info about my modem. They said they tried to call my wife already which is a lie. Finally they said the modem is out of warranty and the repair costs would be 5.500 THB.

Regarding the invoices for two months no service they agreed on let me pay one month only. So, for only 6.350 THB payment I would receive my repaired modem back and would

be reconnected to service.

This is a FRAUD!!! Nobody has informed me, my wife or my PC dealer about the repair costs. I surely would have refused to pay for it so much but now they have produced a situation where they think they can claim repair costs and one month fee for no service.

I have terminated my CDMA contract with CAT Telecom today as I am not intended to do business with a company acting with no business ethics and I recommend you to do the same.

Now they still keep my CDMA modem which has cost me 10.900 THB a year ago and refuse to deliver back as the are claiming for payment of their imaginary invoices.

Very sad, CAT Telecom Koh Samui. Zero points in all categories:

- after sales service

- customer orientation

- business ethics

- staff training

- management

Usually people who behave like this are called Mafia, Camorrha, Cosa Nostra or PayPal and right here on Koh Samui we have another remarkable example of anarchists who are

professionally extorting customers. Law? Train station? Thailand?

Of course one can roll it up and get all paperwork together and start to sue the guys but everybody knows it not worth to do it and thats what they speculate on. It is so glas clear where their intetion is coming from.

I am very happy with my AIS internet connection via cell phone. all new NOKIAS who support EDGE protocoll can connect to the internet. 1-2-call customers can buy packages up to

250 hours (535 THB) or monthly flat line (1.070 THB) but I am already happy with 250 hours per months.

and: 1-2-call internet connection works NATIONWIDE - at least everywhere where the network is available! this is not the case with CAT CDMA as in the entire BKK area the frequency of CAT CDMA is blocked, so the CDMA modem cant connect in BKK and outskirts.

lazyguy

my advise is to get legal advise. sometimes.people in thailand specially forangs don't know their rights. which is the reason why they do not try it on with thai people becuase they have better understanding of the system.

most legal advise is free. then u can decide if u want to take the case but if u get everything lined up. send them a warning letter that u will take them to court if they do not meet your demands then u might get what u want with out even going to court.

Happy dtac used to do 1 week unlimited for 400 baht. ais internet is a little expensive. have to keep topping up when i am tapping away for too long.

400 baht unlimited means u can leave it on full time for the whole week.

though i am not sure they still do it.

switch to using your mobie as a modem. much better only 350bht for 100hrs and it never cuts! had cat for 2 years and it SUCKS

For a newbie, how do you order the 100hrs or 250hrs. Im with AIS one to call pay as you go. What is the expiry of the hours?

most phones come with a cd. u install the software then plug the usb from yur phone to the computer.

then connect via software,

u might have to call ais to set up ais.gprs. basically if u can receive MMS then it should already be set up

there's a number to call, its like recharging the mobile, you can also get 20hrs, or less dont remember, there's a number list in every mobile shop. i have 1to call too just ask at a shop they will know. the hours bought will last 1 month after which they renew automatically unless you tell them not to. but be careful, if you use your hours within the month they will start charging you 1 baht per minute, so check your hour credit by dialing *139#

by the way you can connect pc and cellphone via bluetooth as well.

good luck