35 Baht Breakfast

corkscrew

Besides rewarming you should probably clean it also. Vendors don't wash their hands, and have no understanding about how long food should be kept for.

I am sure you don't need to be told how unhealthy it is. Sausages will be the cheapest thing out there probably with as many chemicals as fat. The bacon was probably old stuff bought from the railway authority after the train couldn't sell it for breakfast. The egg will have been fried in oil probably used for several other eggs and full of free radicals. The egg yolk is all chlorestoral. And what's that other thing? Is it also an omelet? More eggs and given its dirty appearance, probably the fat used to fry it is all dirty. Omelets are incredibly absorbing of old frying fat and vendors use the cheapest going which is actually a lard type, an animal fat derivative, cheap and very nasty. The cucumber and tomato wouldn't have been washed for sure. Even good restaurants are lazy about washing vegs, never mind a street vendor without access to a sink.

Nothing good about this breakfast in my eyes.

Edited by Junglejumbo

I bought this breakfast for 35 baht from a vendor near Siam Paragon. Of course, I had to rewarm it at home. But, still it's a bargain.

So in the morning you wake up, shower, dress, go out, buy a breakfast and come back home to warm it and eat it.

What a strange habit!

Apart of the fact that (fortunately) i am not used to eat such food in the morning is not even cheap for me, i make my coffee and i have some of my favourite cookies for half that price. Good luck to your liver!

I bought this breakfast for 35 baht from a vendor near Siam Paragon. Of course, I had to rewarm it at home. But, still it's a bargain.

So in the morning you wake up, shower, dress, go out, buy a breakfast and come back home to warm it and eat it.

What a strange habit!

Apart of the fact that (fortunately) i am not used to eat such food in the morning is not even cheap for me, i make my coffee and i have some of my favourite cookies for half that price. Good luck to your liver!

I don't think so!

Must be on his way home after drinking in a bar all night!!

Looks disgusting!! :):D

What a strange habit!

I don't think so!

Must be on his way home after drinking in a bar all night!!

Looks disgusting!! :):D

OMG! Just three days ago Baz asked me to be the new FOOD mod for this forum. Did I just disqualify myself with my whimsical breakfast? Baz, are you listening? I didn't really eat it...it was for the maid. No....I change my mind I could not have ordered this for the maid. We have a small dog who likes eggs....sorry, make that a large dog. dam_n, I am going to the fridge to get a beer....no, three of them.

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa Mea Maxima Culpa.

But, I have now mended my ways. With the help of my Thai family I have steered myself toward a proper breakfast table. Never again will I poison my stomach with stuff from the free market soi.

post-9122-1245041472_thumb.jpg

Now that looks like a pretty good deal for 35thb 2 sausage,1 egg,1 bacon,1 ham,1 omlet and some vegs.Great breakfast for 35thb,if that is what you like.But I think the table full would be another great breakfast,even if it does look more like mid day or evening meal.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like good value to me too. I reckon the tenderfoot (or tendergut) types that mistrust the hygeine of everyone but themselves, and see a health risk in everything, lack the intestinal fortitude to experience all the good stuff. Stay home, overcook your boiled falang veges and let the more adventurous of us enjoy life. :)

Looks like good value to me too. I reckon the tenderfoot (or tendergut) types that mistrust the hygeine of everyone but themselves, and see a health risk in everything, lack the intestinal fortitude to experience all the good stuff. Stay home, overcook your boiled falang veges and let the more adventurous of us enjoy life. :)

hear hear

Besides rewarming you should probably clean it also. Vendors don't wash their hands, and have no understanding about how long food should be kept for.

I am sure you don't need to be told how unhealthy it is. Sausages will be the cheapest thing out there probably with as many chemicals as fat. The bacon was probably old stuff bought from the railway authority after the train couldn't sell it for breakfast. The egg will have been fried in oil probably used for several other eggs and full of free radicals. The egg yolk is all chlorestoral. And what's that other thing? Is it also an omelet? More eggs and given its dirty appearance, probably the fat used to fry it is all dirty. Omelets are incredibly absorbing of old frying fat and vendors use the cheapest going which is actually a lard type, an animal fat derivative, cheap and very nasty. The cucumber and tomato wouldn't have been washed for sure. Even good restaurants are lazy about washing vegs, never mind a street vendor without access to a sink.

I bet you're a real bundle of joy down the pub!! :)

I bet you're a real bundle of joy down the pub!! :)

lol, I was thinking the same thing.

It's a good deal, for 35 baht you would expect to get food poisoning, if he didnt then he really did get a bargain.