Going To Europe - Uk - Should I Buy My It Stuff There?

TVmonitor

I hope to take this opportunity to update and up grade my stuff.

I need - a Notebook/laptop. - I want - a MAC

I need - a camera G10/LX3 or similar - see other thread -

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/G10-Lx3-P600...25#entry2805325

I need an Ipod/MP3 I want one with a large memory but small isn't important.

I need a portable speaker system I want to use it with my I-pod and my Notebook - one piece (maybe 2 piece)

So, your views - should I buy in UK or Thailand - have you a favorite product you would recommend?

Yes buy in the UK 100% Many electrical items Cheaper in the UK

Apple Products about the same price in the UK.

You have a warranty problem in the UK you can return it to the Store where you made your Purchase

Consumer Protection much better in the UK.

I hope to take this opportunity to update and up grade my stuff.

I need - a Notebook/laptop. - I want - a MAC

I need - a camera G10/LX3 or similar - see other thread -

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/G10-Lx3-P600...25#entry2805325

I need an Ipod/MP3 I want one with a large memory but small isn't important.

I need a portable speaker system I want to use it with my I-pod and my Notebook - one piece (maybe 2 piece)

So, your views - should I buy in UK or Thailand - have you a favorite product you would recommend?

U.K. is higher VAT than Thailand, Singapore and Hongkong are tax free,

Apple warranty is worldwide and theres apple care programs to buy,

The Apple Center in Thailand is located somewhere in trendy Siam Square

and one can deal with them directly for maintainence service

The Lecia lens can capture colours in light, one can spot a lecia image...

What I want is to find a smart phone that combines [convergence!!] Ipod,camera,wi-fi for web browsing,un-locked,3,5 headphone jack,oh and a phone.not windows.

Then I have one device ONE CHARGER

Its not that easy to find one that has it all maybe the new nokia n97.

I have bought a bunch of Apple products over the last few years in Phuket and have found the warranty service to be excellent.

As said above the prices are roughly comparable with the UK, I have never tested Apple's international warranties but here it has been truly 'no questions asked' replacement/repair if in the warranty (or extended Apple care) period.

The shoppingmac website is in Thailand and occasionally has some good deals on demo products or stock clearances.

Bear in mind if you want a MacBook or MBP with a Thai keyboard I'd guess you'll probably have a hard time sourcing it in the UK.

I tried to get a VAT refund at Heathrow - forget it.

Buy all your Mac goodies here or in Singapore.

The new iPhone3G S has a decent camera now - I believe - or buy a Nikon.

BR>Jack

why can't you get VAT back?

what would I do with 3G in THailand?

I have bought a bunch of Apple products over the last few years in Phuket and have found the warranty service to be excellent.

As said above the prices are roughly comparable with the UK, I have never tested Apple's international warranties but here it has been truly 'no questions asked' replacement/repair if in the warranty (or extended Apple care) period.

The shoppingmac website is in Thailand and occasionally has some good deals on demo products or stock clearances.

Bear in mind if you want a MacBook or MBP with a Thai keyboard I'd guess you'll probably have a hard time sourcing it in the UK.

Thai keyboard - good point - but I suppose i could get an extra keyboard....

Thai keyboard - good point - but I suppose i could get an extra keyboard....

True, and it doesn't even need to be an Apple one nowadays, any old USB keyboard will work (but it can be annoying if you are used to using the  / ⌘ key a lot). I have a wireless Apple KB bought here and it is plain vanilla, no Thai symbols on the keys.

If you want the built-in keyboard to have Thai without using a set of stickers then buying here is probably the best bet.

What I want is to find a smart phone that combines [convergence!!] Ipod,camera,wi-fi for web browsing,un-locked,3,5 headphone jack,oh and a phone.not windows.

Then I have one device ONE CHARGER

I have just such a device, and it's called an iPhone. WiFi, web browsing and iPod unrivaled. I never take the charger, only the cable, and charge on the laptop via USB. That said the charger for the iPhone is really tiny.

The new new 3GS will have a MUCH better camera with autofocus and video editing - there are no reviews yet but I think this will leave most other phones in the dust when it comes out. Unfortunately you have to buy in Thailand (to get an unlocked one), and we'll have to wait until August until it comes out.

All the phones that I have looked at so far miss something that I need

No 3.5 headphone jack

No expansion slot [micro sd]

Crap camera

Crap sound

Windows

I will wait until december and let the new apple/nokia/palm/sony bed down

then decide. I will check the prices online at the airport and in Thailand

There is some good stuff coming out though it looks like its around euro600 ouch.

I advice you to go to UK through Hong Kong;you will get G10 for less then 3500HK$,this is example

Speakers? - you can get them cheap in LOS(chinese),bulky item

mp3 player?MP4/5,notebook,monitors,cameras - definitly HK,but you have to do your homework!easy today - on internet.

Apple product? LOS

Singapore is little more expensive - they have nicer shops,and even little more in KL in even nicer shops - and AirAsia to London..A lot of flights to London from HK,cheap flights BKK-HK.