Water And Elec More Than One Rate?/kasikorn Bank

daveb1

Hi everyone does anybody know if there are different rates for water and elec bills in Pattaya. I dont think my house water and maybe electricity are on the right tariffs as i dont think my builders have moved things over into my name correctly and i might be payong a higher rate ive been told possibly twice as much. How do i tell as trying to get any sense out of the water company is very difficult.

Help! Also kasikorn bank dont seem to seem to state in statments where money taken out of account has gone, do they make large charges for paying bills for you direct as i have noticed 600 or 700 baht being taken out of my account any ideas or has anyone had the same sort of problems? thanks

Electricity is 3 baht per unit from the city. Apartments charge renters 6 baht..... and it is illegal as they do nto have the right to sell electricty.

Water from the city is ...... I cannoot find a bill, but it is either 6, 10 or 12 baht per cubic meter. Sorry, cannot remember.

Hi everyone does anybody know if there are different rates for water and elec bills in Pattaya. I dont think my house water and maybe electricity are on the right tariffs as i dont think my builders have moved things over into my name correctly and i might be payong a higher rate ive been told possibly twice as much. How do i tell as trying to get any sense out of the water company is very difficult.

Help! Also kasikorn bank dont seem to seem to state in statments where money taken out of account has gone, do they make large charges for paying bills for you direct as i have noticed 600 or 700 baht being taken out of my account any ideas or has anyone had the same sort of problems? thanks

Sorry, cant give you any specific numbers as to the actual rates forf electricity but the format is set up so that the more you use, the higher the rate. Power consumption is priced in a stepped manner. The more power you use, the higher up the steps you go and the higher the cost per unit. There is a base rate per KW/H that is shown on the electrical monthly billing, once your electrical usage has exceeded that alloted amount, the rate will increase for the next allotment. Having said that, I would take your monthly electrical bill down to the elec. company and have them confirm that the rates are for residential. Commercial and industrial rates are higher.

The other possibility for your high electric bills is that the elec. company is not actually reading your meter every month to save the cost of sending out the meter readers, but instead is using an estimated usage to calculate your bill. If this is the case, when they do finally get someone out to read it, there would be a rectification made for over/under estimations.

Hope this helps

I have just posted in another thread in housebuilding that my electric bill is charged at 2.951 baht excl VAT and 3.158 incl. VAT. Meter is in a company name and its 3 phase power. No loading - this is the exact price straight from the electric company.