Stickers Displayed In Windshield

canopy

Is it required or advisable to put stickers on the windshield showing insurance and such? I would rather have the increased viewable area than cover the space with those big opaque squares.

I guess the insurance stickers are a thing of the past.

When renewing the insurance for the car and 2 motorbikes this year, no sticker was supplied.

I think that the only sticker you need now is the road tax, everything else can be hidden.

It used to be a few more stickers but noone has ever bothered me with the fact that I only have the road tax sticker.

When I bought the Yaris 2 years ago, I was told by my friends (Thais) that I had to put more stickers on, I went back to Toyota and they told me that the law was changed and I only needed what they had given me!

TIT and it might change with the mood of the BIB that stops you, (How hungry and how thirsty he is).

Is it required or advisable to put stickers on the windshield showing insurance and such? I would rather have the increased viewable area than cover the space with those big opaque squares.

As mentioned, the road tax sticker is all that is required now and must be on the left side of the windshield. The compulsory insurance no longer comes with a sticker, just proof of payment form which can be kept in the glove box.

If its positioned in the upper left corner where the wipers dont wipe anyway, its less annoying.
I prefer to stick it behind the rear view mirror, so it does not obstruct the view and it closes the gap between the two sunshades...

Reason for edit: Insert a 'not' in the right place :)

Edited by hkt83100

If its positioned in the upper left corner where the wipers dont wipe anyway, its less annoying.
I prefer to stick it behind the rear view mirror, so it does not obstruct the view and it closes the gap between the two sunshades...

Unfortunately that is not legal now. Years ago when I first moved here, that was the normal place and I always put it there. Then I was stopped at a city check point and the BIB thought I didn't have a tax sticker and informed me to move it to the left side ASAP after he spotted it. But yeah, I rather preferred it there also.

Unfortunately that is not legal now. Years ago when I first moved here, that was the normal place and I always put it there. Then I was stopped at a city check point and the BIB thought I didn't have a tax sticker and informed me to move it to the left side ASAP after he spotted it. But yeah, I rather preferred it there also.

Not very easy for BIB to read expire date and car make if its not on the left side :D

Edit hey that was post number 500 in less than 2 months. I have to get myself a life again :):D:D:D

Edited by katabeachbum