My Yellow House Book

What I needed to get my "Yellow House Book"

To try to complete my official being here in the Land of Smiles I decided to get a Yellow House Book of the house that I lease. Hereby the short version of how I did get my Yellow House Book. But again let's start by state that especially here in Thailand events depends on time, place and person. So I started my journey of getting my Yellow House Book at the Amphur of Banglamung, Chonburi in May 2009.

I asked what I needed to get the Yellow House Book and their reply was that I a need "a letter from immigration". What kind letter? They did not know. Well as I had to be at the Immigration Office in Jomtien anyway I did inform about "the letter" that the Amphur needs to grant me a Yellow House Book. Of course very simple "A letter of residence" for which you of course have to proof to immigration where you are living. Thanks to the very helpful & clearly information provided by a charm full chap supporting the information desk of the Immigration Office of Pattaya.

So back to the Amphur with my "Letter of Residence", where of course was told I needed something more. A translated copy of my passport. Because what they actually need is a translation of my name. This to be translated copy of my passport must been certificated by my embassy. And of course they need 4 pass-photos of my handsome face. And they did give me a Thai form that needs to be filled out in Thai.

So off to my embassy in Bangkok where within a wink they certificated a copy of my passport. And I arranged a messenger from a translation company to pick-up the certificated copy so they could translate it and bring to the MFA to certificate the translation. And then send it back to my house. That all did save me a lot of trouble and time.

On the Thai form that needs to be filled in out Thai a few questions are asked like your full name, name of your father & mother, date & place of birth, place of residence, job & place of your job & name of company.

So I came a second time back but now with all the documents I needed. My documents were checked and then the question that I accepted came up. Who translated the names of your father & mother? Well actually we did that ourselves but we told them some nice story about that and they seems to accept it. But be aware that actually you need a legal translation of the name of your father & mother. At least I actually needed it.

After all paper work was accepted I and the owner of the house had to sign a bunch of forms and we were told to come back next week. All papers needed to by filled out and the big boss had to sign the papers. And of course the big boss was not there at the moment.

Next week of course the Yellow House Book was not ready yet as the boss did not sign the papers yet. But the next I was called and told I could pick up my Yellow House Book. This house book states my name, date & place of birth, name of the Thai owner of the house, first name of my father & mother and of course my address of residence. Hopefully in the future I do not need to go anymore to the Immigration Office for a "Letter of Residence".

O yeah of course I was asked to make a small donation of 100thb for the lady typing all the forms for us (actually you should do that yourself). The house book itself is for free of course.

Short list of need documentation

• Letter of Residence (from Immigration Office)
  • 4 pass-photos (2inch)
  • Certificated translated legalized copy of your passport (Legalization needs to be done by your embassy and Certification of translation needs to be done by MFA at Cheang Wattana, Bangkok)
  • Question form to be filled out in Thai
  • Certificated translated official document with the names of your father & mother

Chang Noi with a Yellow House Book

Walking in the footsteps of Chang Noi at picasaweb google com / changnoi1

wow, Looks like you had fun getting a yellow book,

Alot easier here in Srisaket.

2 photos

letter from immigration " passport translation" 500baht

Gumnan and pooyah

wifes blue book

thumb print taken

30 min later book was handed over.

They all even came to my home to complete everything.

I asked what I needed to get the Yellow House Book and their reply was that I a need "a letter from immigration". What kind letter? They did not know. Well as I had to be at the Immigration Office in Jomtien anyway I did inform about "the letter" that the Amphur needs to grant me a Yellow House Book. Of course very simple "A letter of residence" for which you of course have to proof to immigration where you are living. Thanks to the very helpful & clearly information provided by a charm full chap supporting the information desk of the Immigration Office of Pattaya.

I've never heard of the "Letter of Residence" from immigration. What exactly is it's official name ? Usually for regular reporting of address immigration never ask for any proof of where you are living. You simply write the address on their forms and report again 90 days later.