Bangkok Hospital Samui

just need to know if bangkok hospital samui is only expesive in samui or are their prices set nation wide.

I went in with food food poisoning,

before they even checked my blood. they just took one look at me and said i had dengy fever.

asked for a quote before i did anything.

\the quote was 57 000 baht. alot of money considering they hadn;t even checked my body yet.

so went to chaweng international.

they checked my blood. turned out to be food poisoning. then they gave me the quote. about 10 k for 1 night. which is alot but after the near hart attack from the quote it cushioned the blow. so i paid now i feel fine.

anyway thats my take inssurence or no inssurence. if companies like bangkok hospital take the piss with there prices. it will effect everyones inssurence becuase they will start pushing the inssurence prices up. even though now i have made a well informed disccission to get inssurnece

Their prices are not fixed nationwide. My wife recently gave birth in Bangkok Samui whilst most of the appointments leading up to it were in Bangkok Phuket. Everything from check ups, ultrasounds and the actual birth packages are more expensive in their Samui hospital than their Phuket Hospital. I asked why and was told they have to bring everything on to the island. I suggested that they just leave it all here rather than taking it back and forwards but they did'nt seem to understand!