Distance Between Bangkok Airport To Bangkok Bus Station

Hi,

I am visiting Bangkok this July. I am coming from Australia. I would like to know how far is the Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport is from Bangkok bus station. I am planning to go to Phuket from Bangkok through bus. So please also suggest me if there are any deluxe buses available to Phuket from Bangkok after 8 PM. Your reply is appreciated as I can plan my trip accordingly.

Thanks,

Hi,

I am visiting Bangkok this July. I am coming from Australia. I would like to know how far is the Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport is from Bangkok bus station. I am planning to go to Phuket from Bangkok through bus. So please also suggest me if there are any deluxe buses available to Phuket from Bangkok after 8 PM. Your reply is appreciated as I can plan my trip accordingly.

Thanks,

Do yourself a favour and take a flight.

www.airasia.com

8 times per day BKK-HKT.

You can get tickets already for 1600-2000 Baht

If you insist on the bus:

You have to go to the Southern Bus terminal.

Estimated distance from the airport: 50km (you have to cross the river)

No buses after 8pm.

Travel time to Phuket: 10-12 hrs

Price: approx. 700-900 Baht

Google around a bit.

There is plenty of information

Cheers

PS. Bus prices are one-way, air ticket round-trip !

Edited by rheinwiese

Hi,

Thanks,

Do yourself a favour and take a flight.

www.airasia.com

8 times per day BKK-HKT.

You can get tickets already for 1600-2000 Baht

If you insist on the bus:

You have to go to the Southern Bus terminal.

Estimated distance from the airport: 50km (you have to cross the river)

No buses after 8pm.

Travel time to Phuket: 10-12 hrs

Price: approx. 700-900 Baht

Google around a bit.

There is plenty of information

Cheers

PS. Bus prices are one-way, air ticket round-trip !

PPS.

The Southern Bus Terminal (Sai Tai Taling Chan สายใต้ตลิ่งชัน) is now located on Phutthamonthon Soi 1 in northern Thonburi.

Be sure the cabbie knows where to go, or you may end up at the old Southern Terminal (Sai Tai Mai), which stopped operating in late 2008.

Getting to the bus terminal is a bit of headache as public transport is limited. The easiest option is to take a taxi from the airport. (350-400 Baht?)

Bus Timetable:

Bangkok-Phuket, Fare: 1120 Baht, Class: A/C VIP Bus, Duration: 11.50 hrs, Departure 07.30, 17.30, 18.00, 18.30, 19.00

Be sure to double check everything before you travel. Things in Thailand can change very fast. :)

The poster who suggested booking an Air Asia flight in advance is right. Only marginally more expensive than the bus and about 20 hours quicker after mucking around.

If you insist on catching the bus, get the airport shuttle bus 2 km to the TRANSPORTATION CENTRE. From there, there is a direct bus to the SOUTHERN BUS TERMINAL. From there you can catch a bus to Phuket (around 14 hours). It's only 1 hour on the plane.

Your choice.