New Politics Party Ponders Use Of Ancient Symbol

tb86

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the new PAD wants to use the swastika's power in its original eastern religious meaning that is their right and not necessarily offensive. However, that combined with the airport shutdown shows this is a group that doesn't care at all what the rest of the world thinks about their movement.

Supposing their new party gains power. Imagine the photos of big victory rallies with thousands of Nazi style flags. That will do wonders to revive tourism!

Edited by Jingthing

Anyone got a link to the actual logo...so we can judge for ourselves how close it is to the Nazi swastika...

It's quite funny seeing as i remember a few weeks ago there was a light hearted thread about what the NPP would use for their logo.... and a few people jokingly posted a swastika....who would have thought they'd be right.

Anyone got a link to the actual logo...so we can judge for ourselves how close it is to the Nazi swastika... It's quite funny seeing as i remember a few weeks ago there was a light hearted thread about what the NPP would use for their logo.... and a few people jokingly posted a swastika....who would have thought they'd be right.

Google photo for พรรคการเมืองใหม่ and you will see. I think it's just a cartoon drawing of propeller..

Well ok you read the caption on the photo, congratulations :), did you even bother to read the article? :D

I did read the whole article.

Where is the image of the NPP logo?

Why show a photo of a swastika form an Indian festival 5 years ago?

Very lazy journalism.

That logo is pretty far from a Nazi swastika; to be honest if i hadn't already read the article it would probably not occur to me that they were even using a swastika....looks more like a flower to me (or a pinwheel).

Edited by dave111223

It's a bit Irish. There is green and it looks like a four leaf clover in there. But I guess they are like hearts, trying to rip off the Thai rak Thai thingie. I think they have a good graphic artist working for them. You could also imagine an Iron Cross within the hearts ... uh oh ...

Edited by Jingthing

The Hindu's have been using the swastika for 5,000 years, the Buddhists for 2,550 years.

The Nazi's as an organized group are more-or-less extinct.

If PAD have any hidden agenda with their party logo, they are going to follow the Nazi's into oblivion. :)

Sonthi believe in talisman stuffs. On the front windshield of his shot up car there is a talisman with Hindu Sawas.. (backward of the nazi) It's not a big secret, the talisman was advertised in Manager newspaper. If it's consider inappropriate or too sick the Israeli Embassy would have protested. More than 10 years ago they protested the bad advertise of one snack that use hitler photo.

I am not a PAD supporter, but if they wish to reclaim a powerful cultural symbol that predates the third reich and modify it to be careful of sensitivities, I support their right to do that. Why give Hitler any more power than he had?

The Hindu's have been using the swastika for 5,000 years, the Buddhists for 2,550 years. The Nazi's as an organized group are more-or-less extinct. If PAD have any hidden agenda with their party logo, they are going to follow the Nazi's into oblivion. :)

http://www.vroma.org/~bmcmanus/hunts.html

The Roman guy' tunic in hunting mosaik also has Hindu style Sawas..

I am not a PAD supporter, but if they wish to reclaim a powerful cultural symbol that predates the third reich and modify it to be careful of sensitivities, I support their right to do that. Why give Hitler any more power than he had?

The fact that Times got hold of the story and instantly started make the associations with the Nazi party, show it's not really at good idea. Wait until The Sun get hold of the story!