Tourist Visa In Asia After Non Imm Visa

Hi, as ever would appreciate advice; I have had several non immigrant multi entryvisas, latest one to expire soon, a couple of things to do here so had in mind to go and get a 2 month tourist visa, (on expiry of non imm visa, and then return to Europe to get a new non imm visa 2 months later)- thought of going to Phnom Penh to get this visa but have just read several posts re the embassy there and their discouraging treatment of visa applicants, I am not sure if this is because applicants previously held tourist visas; would the fact that my recent visa having been 'non immigrant' mean my application be treated more favourably? or should I think of going to Vientiane....or Penang....or somewhere else?........several of the 'discouraging' posts were from a few months ago, any very recent experiences to report.? It doesnt seem so long since there was applause for the waiving of tourist visa fees and the seeming understanding that such moves were necessary to spark some inward movement of farang, has that spirit now gone? have visa fees been re-instated?

Thanks in anticipation......

Phnom Penh is unpredictable. We get good reports and then bad ones. Last report was that it now takes 2 days to get your visa done.

For a single entry kL, Penang and Vientiane are all good choices.

It will not matter for any of them that you have had non immigrant visas in the past.

Phnom Penh is unpredictable. We get good reports and then bad ones. Last report was that it now takes 2 days to get your visa done.

For a single entry kL, Penang and Vientiane are all good choices.

It will not matter for any of them that you have had non immigrant visas in the past.

Thanks Joe, have you heard if PP are likely to demand to see onward air ticket out of Thailand? or any other 'unusual' demands?