Portrait Of A Sari Clad Woman

yumidesign

post-34511-1245680514_thumb.jpg

is it sharp? could be just my eyes today. anyways, IMO, this needs a crop to be more compelling....

Cropped photo by Bkkjames

The cropped photo shows off the two strengths of the original.

The angle of the cropped photo still maintains depth and leads you to the subject.

The other elements of the original were not as visually pleasing hence the need for the crop. :) IMHO

original

post-34511-1246266518_thumb.jpg

the appeal of this photo is that the subject is not immediately revealed as there is a strong visual directional pull past the woman to a dark nothing on the far distance, then the viewer looks back to find the woman looking at them

by cropping as you suggested this mystique is lost and the ordinary is just ordinary

post_a86650_.bmp

original

the appeal of this photo is that the subject is not immediately revealed as there is a strong visual directional pull past the woman to a dark nothing on the far distance, then the viewer looks back to find the woman looking at them

by cropping as you suggested this mystique is lost and the ordinary is just ordinary

post_a86650_.bmp

sorry to disagree but your title says portrait... and as far as mystique goes, placing her dead centre in the image adds little to any mystique while the bright sun on the ground grabs my eye more than her face in the shadows.

the railing does lead the eye towards the woman but the brightness and distractions on the right of her lead the eye past, not back to her. IMO :)

original

post_a86650_.bmp

sorry to disagree but your title says portrait... and as far as mystique goes, placing her dead centre in the image adds little to any mystique while the bright sun on the ground grabs my eye more than her face in the shadows.

the railing does lead the eye towards the woman but the brightness and distractions on the right of her lead the eye past, not back to her. IMO :)

we agree to disagree..... thank Buddha not everyone is the same as me......

original

post_a86650_.bmp

I find the directional pull is actually interupted by the woman. The distractions are many; colour balance / lighting... but I can see where you would have liked to go with this. Unfortunately, symmetry and mystery / surprises rarely go hand in hand. Nice try.

original

post_a86650_.bmp

we agree to disagree..... thank Buddha not everyone is the same as me......

Yumi, don't take it so personal. I thought the whole point of "Evaluate My Photo" was just that? Or were you only looking for compliments?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The distractions are many; colour balance / lighting... but I can see where you would have liked to go with this. Unfortunately, symmetry and mystery / surprises rarely go hand in hand. Nice try.

As Gazz said, nice try and I too can see what you were thinking in taking the photo. I think the lack of clarity bothers me...at first glance I thought it was a monk, not a sari clad woman. Some cropping, particularly at the top, would have helped, also.