Beer Buffets In Bangkok? Do They Still Exist?

smiljanic

Hey everyone,

I read that there used to be quite a popular all-you-can-drink deal at Cat House (Nana Plaza) between 2-7pm daily.

I was wondering if such beer buffets still exist anywhere in Bangkok? If so, where and how much??

I believe the Pullman may have one, but it might be just for guests...

Thanks in advance :)

The Cathouse buffet was so ghastly that not even teachers would stoop. It was designed for the next most impoverished rung down - movie extras.

Yeah, it was cheap, but the lowest price beer (and one was confined to one product), was quite nasty and toxic.

The Cathouse was an institution in it's own right. Yes the beer was piss poor and some of the staff just as bad, but many a happy session were had in there!

Shadow bar on Soi Cowboy is as close as you can get these days, with it being happy hour till 9pm, 70baht a beer and a similar clientele as the Cathouse :)

Don't think there are any "beer buffets" these days as far as I'm aware...

Can you elaborate on that CelticBhoy, ie prices and times.

Seeing as there seems to be no more beer buffets around, I think this thread should be modified to good happy hour reccomendations :)

I'm reccomending the Shadow Bar on Soi cowboy (70bht a bar until 9pm) as well as The Queen Victoria on Suk soi 23. 90bht for a pint of heineken or tiger until 7:30pm, now you can't go wrong with that!

Seeing as there seems to be no more beer buffets around, I think this thread should be modified to good happy hour reccomendations :)

It is a beer buffet. Jugs of draft Chang.

As much as you like. 1pm-5pm.

About 400 Baht.

About 400 Baht.

Marry me, Sir

Here's some items from BKK Magazine's Happy Hours Guide.... Not sure how up-to-date these listings are...though they are current on the magazine's web site.

ABSOLUTE 7 BAR (now Bangkok Beat)

Daily 12-7pm

A full seven hours at Absolute 7 with a broad choice of drink specials. Draught beers (Asahi and Singha) are B50/glass, pints (Guinness and Kilkenny) are B160, bottles of local beer are B60; the big guys—gin, vodka, whisky, tequila—are priced at B60/glass. Plus, you have a choice of Thai and Western fare to choose from.

Sukhumvit Soi 7/1, 02-651-3919. Open daily 12pm-late.

Booze Buffets

Drink Buffet : Fri 9pm-late

Celebrate the start of the weekend and simply go over the top! The Overdoze open bar serves up a smorgasbord of vodka, whiskey, gin, rum, tequila and beer. B500 (men), B350 (ladies).

Block C, RCA, Rama 9 Rd. 08-5073-9140, 08-1553-3022.

FLAVA

Drink Buffet : Wed 9pm-midnight

Flava offers a range of flavors to tickle everyone’s taste buds—cocktails, beers and wine for B990. Ready for a drunken midweek session? Just make sure you have the Ibuprofen ready on your desk the next morning.

Dream Hotel, 10 Sukhumvit Soi 15, 02-254-8500. Open daily 6:30pm-1am.

LO-SHU

Drink Buffet: Fri 7:30-10:30pm

Don’t be lazy: make reservations early and pay B795 for a full on drink fest! Procrastinators, cough up B995. They call themselves a pre-party hang out and justly so because Lo-Shu offers light finger foods plus a wide selection of drinks including beer, wine, sangrias, wine cocktails and shochu cocktails.

110/1 Sukhumvit Soi 23, 02-259-6771. Open daily 10am-midnight.

PETRUS

Drink Buffet: Fri-Sat 8- 9:19pm

Jazz and blues artists take the stage at this lobby bar. Seat yourself at good viewing distance on their lounge-worthy chairs and enjoy their free flow of gin, rum, vodka, tequila, whisky and local draft beer for B599.

Grand Sukhumvit by Sofitel, 99 Sukhumvit Soi 6, 02-207-9999. Open daily 9-1am.

SYN BAR

Drink Buffet: Thu-Sat 10pm-late

With anything truly sinful, it’s always a case of the more the merrier! That’s certainly the story here: unlimited homemade cocktails, beer and house wine for B950 a person. However, grab a buddy and pay B1,500, grab three pals and pay just B2,800.

Nai Lert Park Hotel, 2 Wireless Rd., 02-253-0123. Open daily 9am-1am.

ZUK BAR

Drink Buffet: Daily 5:30 -8pm

Wine lovers: welcome to paradise, or La La Land depending on how

well you can handle your booze. For B1,000 pick from a wine buffet consisting of five whites and five reds and swirl and sip with your buddies while enjoying a pretty garden view.

The Sukhothai Bangkok Hotel, 13/3 South Sathorn Rd., 02-344-8888. Open daily 4pm-midnight.

Not in Bangkok but on Phuket is a reasonable beer buffet available. They offer 2 hours unlimited Chang beers (bottle) for 250 Thb, standard price for a bottle is 50 Thb, so after 5 you are in the profit. You have to start your 2 hours anytime before 6 PM. Name of the venue is 5!5! Bar located on OTOP Shopping plaza in Patong.

Won't do it every day but it is a nice offer. They throw in a free BBQ daily as well after 6 PM.

About 400 Baht.

Sounds great!

Is that on everyday? I can't find anything about it on their website.

• 1 month later...

Tried the 599 baht all-you-can-drink buffet at the Central World (7th floor) branch of the Amaltery shop last night, the place that specializes in alcohol-infused ice creams, and had fun and got a bit smashed along the way...

As the posted photo above indicates, this drinks buffet special is only offered Thursdays through Sundays, starting at 6:30 pm until they close, which last night was around 10 pm. And it applies to the pretty long list of mixed spirits drinks on their menu, which tend to be on the sweeter side as you might expect. The buffet doesn't include beers, however.

The two girls staffing the place last night were pleasant and accommodating... I wanted to try the 599 baht drinks buffet (and did), but my TGF had to work early today. So they offered her to try their other great deal -- 169 baht all-you-can-eat (in one hour) regular ice cream scoops buffet, which appears to be available anytime. And they offered that we could combine the two, so she could share in my drinks, and I could share in her one hour of ice creams... We had a ball :)

Just having drink after mixed drink would have been a bit much (at least for me). So we each traded off, having a mixed drink and then a scoop of ice cream and then back to another mixed drink, and so on.... A very fun evening out that both the GF and I enjoyed... They have comfortable couch seating with lots of cushions and pillows, and well as a bar counter. They also have a stereo system that seemed to get louder as the evening went on... All in all, a fun time, though not one I'd want to repeat too often for fear of a sugar and alcohol overdose.

Their regular drink prices are in the 195 to 250 baht range, a bit pricey for the drinks delivered. And their regular (5% alcohol-laden) ice creams are priced at 80 baht for a single scoop and 150 baht for a double scoop. So both the 599 baht drinks buffet and the 169 baht ice cream buffet work out as pretty good deals.

post-53787-1249625824_thumb.jpg

post-53787-1249626080_thumb.jpg

post-53787-1249625833_thumb.jpg

post-53787-1249625844_thumb.jpg

post-53787-1249625851_thumb.jpg

post-53787-1249625862_thumb.jpg

post-53787-1249625875_thumb.jpg

post-53787-1249625883_thumb.jpg