Farrah Fawcett Has Died After Her Battle With Cancer

sbk

I don't know about the other women on this forum but I grew up watching Charlies Angels, it was one of my favorite shows as a young girl. I loved the idea of women being empowered and beautiful (Wonder Woman was another favorite :) )

We all had the Angel we wanted to be, and I always thought Farrah Fawcett was gorgeous --who could forget the iconic poster, and the hair! We all wanted that hair!

These shows were, to me anyway, visible proof that attitudes were changing. Women could be heroes, instead of Mrs Cleaver.

The thing I loved about that show, growing up, was it showed women kicking butt and being the heroes. My friends and I used to play Charlies Angels --it was great being the ones to do the cool stuff rather than watching boys get to be the ones in charge all the time.

its sad about all the baby boomers like Farrah dying before her parents..so many of my old school acquantances that are dead ALREADY :) ..its all about choices( in her case the cancer was NOT her fault, I'm generalizing)..and too often it was party party party...and party..it catches up, and our generation is kicking off en masse..BEFORE the parents..really sad..not just for her..but for all of this LOST generation..all in MODERATION..RIP Farrah