Baby Boomers Dying Prematurely ( En Masse)

cognos

Hi folks. Michael Jackson dead at 50 ( only ha sip :)) Are you surprised? The baby boomers ( I am one) are DYING PREMATURELY EVERYWHERE, and their PARENTS are going to their own son or daughter's funeral in numbers never seen in history, as far as I can see (except in times of world wars). I know many of my acquantances from high school days are recently or long dead..usually from the effects of alcohol and / or hard drug abuse ( and a few suicides) like crack cocaine. Personally, I started to change my habits 22 years ago ( at age 30) by stopping hanging around the party animals..and I was one too. It might have been a good choice..because SO MANY of them are dead now ( more than 10..mostly acquantances and a couple friends) It is a sad commentary on the ME GENERATION. Feel free to comment should you desire. Take care, keep fit, have a good diet, and make good choices ie: all in MODERATION

Interesting statistic. Makes one wonder at what age todays under 30s will depart this mortal coil. Seems everthing many young people consume these days is absoulutely toxic.

If you care to observe young people doing their weekly food shop, and look into their basket, then it doesn't take much imagination to see just a bunch of chemicals and additives. Not much in the way of fresh produce

Interesting statistic. Makes one wonder at what age todays under 30s will depart this mortal coil. Seems everthing many young people consume these days is absoulutely toxic.

If you care to observe young people doing their weekly food shop, and look into their basket, then it doesn't take much imagination to see just a bunch of chemicals and additives. Not much in the way of fresh produce

excellent observation Henry the Eighth ( iam iam) in Vancouver canada the organic veggies and fruit and many organic products are getting cheaper..soon through demand they will be the norm. i never care about the price of good quality food, as you are what you eat in most ways eh (na)

What statistic? There wan't one.

Average life span is longer now than 25 years ago.

Original comment of parents going to more of their children's funeral than ever seen in history, this is blatantly untrue. Wartime, plague, too many examples to list.

Original comment of parents going to more of their children's funeral than ever seen in history, this is blatantly untrue. Wartime, plague, too many examples to list.

PREMATURELY EVERYWHERE, and their PARENTS are going to their own son or daughter's funeral in numbers never seen in history, as far as I can see (except in times of world wars).

Plagues are a different and not taken into account when looking at the statistics. too many examples to list - such as?

PREMATURELY EVERYWHERE, and their PARENTS are going to their own son or daughter's funeral in numbers never seen in history, as far as I can see (except in times of world wars).

Plagues are a different and not taken into account when looking at the statistics. too many examples to list - such as?

So you meant, never seen in history except for all the times it has happened before?

Infant mortality rates are at an all time low, but I don't think that's what you meant either.

What you meant was more people are dying of natural causes which only effect middle aged people and not senior citizens than ever before.

I only questioned if you are basing this on any actual evidence or just a few people you know? Doesn't mean it's not true, just haven't had the same experience.

baby boomers are dying earlier than their parents WAY too much in ..North America specifically..sorry i did not clarify..in LOS it is not the case in general with Thais i know..in USA and Canada it is the case. i am not a historian, and i did no research, but it seems strange that so many farang die before their parents..WAY TOO MANY I'm not moralising at all, just looking at it guns on the table (no bs) and there is not even a war to take into account

baby boomers are dying earlier than their parents WAY too much in ..North America specifically..sorry i did not clarify..in LOS it is not the case in general with Thais i know..in USA and Canada it is the case. i am not a historian, and i did no research, but it seems strange that so many farang die before their parents..WAY TOO MANY I'm not moralising at all, just looking at it guns on the table (no bs) and there is not even a war to take into account

so which war do we not take into account

so which war do we not take into account

good point..in Canada they decided not to send the military into Iraq in 2003..apprx. 128 canadians ( and several females included in this #) have died in Afganistan since 2001

the bottom line is perhaps..you form your bias from your experiences in life, hence your generalities..same for all eh? (na?) My sample is only from my experiences. The ME generation in North America did ALOT of heavy drinking and drugs in general, and the chickens came home to roost..so to speak , so the parents end up going to their funeral. It did not have to be like that in every case i know without going into detail .. the good thing is my nieces have seen the way my brother is, and they will not follow that route. I am no better, but got out of the partying 22 years ago , where my brother is getting better and I will keep helping him.

the bottom line is perhaps..you form your bias from your experiences in life, hence your generalities..same for all eh? (na?) My sample is only from my experiences. The ME generation in North America did ALOT of heavy drinking and drugs in general, and the chickens came home to roost..so to speak , so the parents end up going to their funeral. It did not have to be like that in every case i know without going into detail .. the good thing is my nieces have seen the way my brother is, and they will not follow that route. I am no better, but got out of the partying 22 years ago , where my brother is getting better and I will keep helping him.

I am glad you have brought this topic up, I have been wondering about this for some time.

Don’t know anything about statistics, but as the OP, I can only go along with my own experiences.

I am 57 now, most of my closets friends and past work colleges are now dead. Some my age, others younger. None were particularly heavy drinkers, smokers or drug takers. They just lived normal lives.

They died of various causes, cancer, heart attacks, liver problems, brain haemorrhage etc.

If there has been no surveys carried out as to why so many people are not reaching old age, than I believe there is a need for one.

I have hundreds of photo albums stored away in boxes under my bed. So many of my friends and colleges have died over the years that I can no longer bare to look at their images in the photos anymore.

Perhaps it`s all to do with the stresses of modern day living?

I am glad you have brought this topic up, I have been wondering about this for some time.

Don’t know anything about statistics, but as the OP, I can only go along with my own experiences.

I am 57 now, most of my closets friends and past work colleges are now dead. Some my age, others younger. None were particularly heavy drinkers, smokers or drug takers. They just lived normal lives.

They died of various causes, cancer, heart attacks, liver problems, brain haemorrhage etc.

If there has been no surveys carried out as to why so many people are not reaching old age, than I believe there is a need for one.

I have hundreds of photo albums stored away in boxes under my bed. So many of my friends and colleges have died over the years that I can no longer bare to look at their images in the photos anymore.

Perhaps it`s all to do with the stresses of modern day living?

Curious, but in general, is the world's population not living longer? Is the life expectancy rates declining because of this?

The worlds population is not living much longer than our forebears if we just use statistics. Many people are living longer, however, many are dying younger. So we have a very aged population who seem to be living longer than their parents, then we have 40-50s who are dying in ever increasing numbers, so it all balances out. Therefore the average life expectancy remains the same.