Lcd Monitor Dead

tigerboy

My six year old Sony LCD Computer monitor died last night. I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to have fixed or just buy a new one. Is there a place in Pantip Plaza that can repair them? What floor / area of Pantip? This would obviously be an out of warrenty repair.

The details of the failure, in case any are interested, are as follows. Both my PC and the monitor are plugged into a UPS. The power went out in my building last night, no problem, the UPS did it's job, both PC and monitor were on and working normally. The power didn't come back on right away so I shut the PC down. It shut down normally. Later, after the power came back on, I turn on the PC but the monitor is dead, on / off switch will not power the monitor back on. I confirmed it is not a bad video card by using another monitor, My Sony TV actually.

I'm pretty sure it is something that went bad in power supply of the monitor. I cannot figure why it died the way it did though, it should have been protected by the UPS...

Even though the monitor is 6 years old, it has only seen about 3 years or less of actual useage, it spent a lot of time in its original packaging. You'd think that it would have lasted longer than it did...

Six years old. Time to buy a new one. When my 4 year old Acer monitor died, couple of months ago, I try to get it fixed, but without any result. So I got a new Samsung 24", 16:9 full HD, for about 7500 baht (panthip).

Gorgeous way to see movie (I download full HD divx movies) and so wide screen can handle many windows together.

My six year old Sony LCD Computer monitor died last night. I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to have fixed or just buy a new one. Is there a place in Pantip Plaza that can repair them? What floor / area of Pantip? This would obviously be an out of warrenty repair.

The details of the failure, in case any are interested, are as follows. Both my PC and the monitor are plugged into a UPS. The power went out in my building last night, no problem, the UPS did it's job, both PC and monitor were on and working normally. The power didn't come back on right away so I shut the PC down. It shut down normally. Later, after the power came back on, I turn on the PC but the monitor is dead, on / off switch will not power the monitor back on. I confirmed it is not a bad video card by using another monitor, My Sony TV actually.

I'm pretty sure it is something that went bad in power supply of the monitor. I cannot figure why it died the way it did though, it should have been protected by the UPS...

Even though the monitor is 6 years old, it has only seen about 3 years or less of actual useage, it spent a lot of time in its original packaging. You'd think that it would have lasted longer than it did...

maybe backlight

Backlight failure results in black or dim screen, inverter failure usually results in a white screen

Would suggest IT Store 5/Fl. There's a store on 3rd or 4/fl. who does this kind of repair but forget name and exact location.