Air Asia And Travel Agents

n23

I've just been looking at flights to Phnom Phen on the Air Asia site, unfortunately I don't have a credit card so I can't book online. I don't live too far from the airport, so would it be worth going to the Air Asia office at Suvarnabhumi to get the tickets, or would I be better off going to a travel agent?

I believe you can book by telephone as wel, and pay upon cash at the airport. Not sure if this works in Thailand.

Better would be directly at the airport instead of an agency, which also may need some $ for their service charge.

Thanks :) I thought an agency would probably be more expensive. I tried calling Air Asia but I was put on hold for ages, so I guess a trip to the airport is in order, any idea what the price difference between booking online and booking in person?

I believe you can book by telephone as wel, and pay upon cash at the airport. Not sure if this works in Thailand.

Better would be directly at the airport instead of an agency, which also may need some $ for their service charge.

Thanks :) I thought an agency would probably be more expensive. I tried calling Air Asia but I was put on hold for ages, so I guess a trip to the airport is in order, any idea what the price difference between booking online and booking in person?

Huge.

AisAsia also has various OWN small desks/offices around BKK-of course listed somewhere on their site. You did not give a clue as to where you live-but f.e there is one in the TescoLotus in Bangkapi. In fact quite a few of the bigger TescoLotus stores have such an office.

Obviously-in a country where creditcards are not that common (yet) they have to have alternative means of booking. Its also very much possible via the fone-and then pay at 7/11 later.

I've just been looking at flights to Phnom Phen on the Air Asia site, unfortunately I don't have a credit card so I can't book online. I don't live too far from the airport, so would it be worth going to the Air Asia office at Suvarnabhumi to get the tickets, or would I be better off going to a travel agent?

:) WHAT A QUESTION? I buy over 10 air ticket for Air Asia via my travel agent (not all offer this service). For a booking I have a fix charge of 200 THB and this seem normal because he use his credit cart and have his risk. I doubt if you count time too, you get it cheaper by travel fees to the Airport and back. If this 200 THB are in question, may better not fly because in PP you will have serious costs between Airport and City.....!!! Beside I live 200 km from Suvarnabhumi, no question about my decision; my pleasure maintain too my travel agent :D

Huge.

Are you speaking from experience?

AisAsia also has various OWN small desks/offices around BKK-of course listed somewhere on their site. You did not give a clue as to where you live-but f.e there is one in the TescoLotus in Bangkapi. In fact quite a few of the bigger TescoLotus stores have such an office.

Obviously-in a country where creditcards are not that common (yet) they have to have alternative means of booking. Its also very much possible via the fone-and then pay at 7/11 later.

I did look on the Air Asia site and I only found the Suvannaphumi office listed, if it helps I live in Bangna so I'm not too far from the airport but if you know about a closer office I will go there instead.

EDIT I just found the list of offices.

Edited by n23

Huge.

Are you speaking from experience?

Yes, just bought ticket Chiang Mai to Melbourne return. On line just under 12,000 Baht, travel agent just over 16,000 baht, Air Asia office at Chiang Mai airport over 19,000 Baht. I also all but had a fight with the lady behind the desk at the airport when she was adamant that departing Melbourne at 00.45 and arriving in Kuala Lumpa the next day at 07.00. This would mean a flight of getting on for 30 hours.

Yes, just bought ticket Chiang Mai to Melbourne return. On line just under 12,000 Baht, travel agent just over 16,000 baht, Air Asia office at Chiang Mai airport over 19,000 Baht. I also all but had a fight with the lady behind the desk at the airport when she was adamant that departing Melbourne at 00.45 and arriving in Kuala Lumpa the next day at 07.00. This would mean a flight of getting on for 30 hours.

Yup :) !