Mama San Gang Jailed For 7 Years

george

the three women detained Ying and Noi and forced them to provide sexual services on an average of four customers per day

Seems they got off somewhat lightly if the above is what happened.

You're right about that. My ex got 8 years for stealing my ATM card.

Do you visit her in prison? Just curious.

John

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also wanted to reply to someone elses comment about the girls knowing full well what they are getting into.

It is possible that some of those offered fantastic salaries working abroad are unaware of what is install for them once they get there.

Here in Thailand its different. No one really speaks about the sex trade within the Thai community. I would think that nearly every village , someone at sometime has worked in the trade. Mothers before their daughters etc, but many girls go to work because their sister or friend is doing it and can get them the job. They see what there peers are getting out of it , WEALTH !!

In my village I know of some OLD women who used to ply the trade and some of the villagers daughters in the trade now , do what has been done for along time, supplying money to the family back home. Brick houses are going up everywhere , trucks and cars being bought, life styles improving greatly with the money being sent back from the earnings that without the trade they really would be far poorer.

Trafficing is being reported in the press and on the Thai news on TV , yet how are they going to stop the trade of prostitution within Thailand - Never.

There was at one point a reported 55,000 girls working in the trade in Pattaya alone. Every major city has bars and whorehouses / some massage parlours , even small villages can even have the Not so hush hush karaoki bars , everyone knows what goes on. Then down to the lower levels of Thai culture to have a mia noi or Gik , the ladies on the side for the Thai males plesure , but they also have to Pay.

Without the sex trade here , what would happen to all the sex trade workers and families right throughout Thailand ?

What would the government do with all the loss of revenue brought in from the travellers who spend millions of dollars a year here.

Its nieive to think that it will ever be stopped but every now and again reports about trafficing will hit the news or a few sex workers and their customers have been caught and arrested, that way it looks like the government / police are doing something about it, but actually doing NOTHING !!

They may have an inkling as to what they are going to do once there, but have no idea that the rules of the sex trade elsewhere are not the same as here....ie, working for the yakuza in Japan is a far far cry from working in a bar in Nana. At least here, there are a few outlets if the girl should have problems, nor is she asked to service 4 clients a day to "earn" back her passport.

in general I am not really impressed with any embassy operating abroad, not with Western Embassies and not with Thai embassies. Their normal point of view is one of "som nam naa" and your own problem. Chapeau therefore that this embassy has reacted in a decent and great manner. Human trafficking should be stopped at all cost.

where does human trafficking begin and end? Should young girls in Shan State in Burma not be allowed a helping hand (paid for, of course) to make it across the border into Thailand? I know many stories of girls ending up in Thailand to a far better life than they would have otherwise have known in Burma. Most of the millions of Burmese living in Thailand would never be here without "human trafficking". So why stop it at all costs? In what capacity are you to stop any other human being's choice to do what they see as an improvement to their lot? Before you want to stop something at all cost you first have to define what "human trafficking" is.

I would argue that many human traffickers do a better job at solving world poverty than any fat UN bureaucrat. Just what have they ever done for the Burmese people?

Furthermore, I don't believe that there are many Thai girls so gullible as to believe that in such circumstances, they were heading to supply anything other than sexual services. Thais are a lot less stupid than many farangs give them credit for.

Hear hear....Well said that man :)

I also wanted to reply to someone elses comment about the girls knowing full well what they are getting into.

It is possible that some of those offered fantastic salaries working abroad are unaware of what is install for them once they get there.

Here in Thailand its different. No one really speaks about the sex trade within the Thai community. I would think that nearly every village , someone at sometime has worked in the trade. Mothers before their daughters etc, but many girls go to work because their sister or friend is doing it and can get them the job. They see what there peers are getting out of it , WEALTH !!

In my village I know of some OLD women who used to ply the trade and some of the villagers daughters in the trade now , do what has been done for along time, supplying money to the family back home. Brick houses are going up everywhere , trucks and cars being bought, life styles improving greatly with the money being sent back from the earnings that without the trade they really would be far poorer.

Trafficing is being reported in the press and on the Thai news on TV , yet how are they going to stop the trade of prostitution within Thailand - Never.

There was at one point a reported 55,000 girls working in the trade in Pattaya alone. Every major city has bars and whorehouses / some massage parlours , even small villages can even have the Not so hush hush karaoki bars , everyone knows what goes on. Then down to the lower levels of Thai culture to have a mia noi or Gik , the ladies on the side for the Thai males plesure , but they also have to Pay.

Without the sex trade here , what would happen to all the sex trade workers and families right throughout Thailand ?

What would the government do with all the loss of revenue brought in from the travellers who spend millions of dollars a year here.

Its nieive to think that it will ever be stopped but every now and again reports about trafficing will hit the news or a few sex workers and their customers have been caught and arrested, that way it looks like the government / police are doing something about it, but actually doing NOTHING !!

Correct... Welcome to Thailand. What percentage of these bars and karaoki places especially up country are owned by police??? Quite a large one let me tell you. Why would the police shut down their own meal ticket, same same government. Many posters want to get their haeds and their <deleted> wired together as are obviously still believing the Thai fantasy sold to tourists "Amazing".

great country, Great people, great culture. Just leave your western christian morality issues at the door, or pack up and go back to farang land. Simple. Loa to kon thai

I read in the paper the other day that girls as young as 13 are selling sex for money so they can buy designer clothes. They call it "compensated dating." I'm not trying to make a distinction between two things. It does help explain why the girls are so vulnerable. The people who take advantage are demonic.

Sorry. This was in Hong Kong. Not here.

What is going on in the world :) ?

Maybe they were already working

in a bar beer in Soi Cowboy or Nana complex or Pattaya.

What's your point? That beause a girl works in one of those bars they are open season to do whatever you can hold them against their will and do what you like?

Has anyone got any more info on this? Info as in facts!!! not just speculation or personal experience. You know something that might just make this thread a little bit more pallatable.

Or better still something that could educate a few of the posters on here ontopic of course :)

Maybe they were already working

in a bar beer in Soi Cowboy or Nana complex or Pattaya.

What's your point? That beause a girl works in one of those bars they are open season to do whatever you can hold them against their will and do what you like?

Seriously, I feel sick just catching the moronic vibe from half the posters in this thread. Because they might have already been prostitutes (maybe) then its ok to lock them up, abuse them and slave them out with no freedom or happiness. What is wrong with some of you?

"To me it is 10 times worse when a woman victimises another woman in this way instead of a man doing it. "

TheLaughingMan...

what? 10 time worse for a woman to commit this crime than it is for a man?

You have to be kidding.

How about the fact that these types of crimes are committed by men well over 10 times more often than the same crime committed by women.

Why is it that men find women committing crimes so much more offensive than if one of their 'brothers' do?

A man beats his wife to death, and that's "domestic violence", a woman retaliates against her abuser, and she's a murderer....

please.

Please...please, what?

He (thelaughingman) may have worded his sentence somewhat strangely...but I think I understand that he finds it abhorrent on the part of other women to pray on other women: perhaps he meant...and I say 'PERHAPS'...he meant that in a society where women appear (to naive occidental eyes in any case) to be second class citizens, their fellow women should know better and stick together. I may be wrong, but I wouldn't like to jump to conclusions...as that would make me look like a COMPLETE TOOL WOULDN'T IT?!

However, in your case, there seem to be less room for interpretation...

1) "...the fact that these types of crimes are committed by men well over 10 times more often than the same crime committed by women." Your "FACT" has paperwork and source material I presume, perhaps you'd like to share with us "MEN."

2) "...Why is it that men find women committing crimes so much more offensive than if one of their 'brothers' do?" Men? Which men are you talking about? The collective noun that refers to all men? Meaning you know this to be true of all men? 'Brothers'…meaning that all men are unified in that same belief? Is that what you see on this thread...?

3) "...A man beats his wife to death, and that's "domestic violence", a woman retaliates against her abuser, and she's a murderer...." What is the connection between thelaughingman's phrase and your example? Are you saying that women don't get fair treatment in the eyes of the law? What particular instances are you talking about…I presume this is a court case of which you have record? Please provide proof.

For myself I can say this: I have had my 7 year old child taken away from me by his Thai mother, who after we separated found another guy in another country. She has every right to a new life ans also according to Thai law to do what she wants with our child...Even though I have stayed in this country all the time to be here for my child even though she never actually took care of him, instead palming him off on her aunties who did everything while she went out on the piss with her friends. Even if I wanted I couldn't get a different result...why? Because Thailand has no paternity laws. I could pursue the case in the country where she has settled if I had any money left...but I really don't want my child to have to be torn apart any further, so I submit to her wishes…wishes that are legal in the eyes of the law yet so obviously unjust to me as a "FATHER" and my boy as a soon to be...."MAN." You talk about 'MEN' and the "LAW"...I question your authority in both areas.

Men are no more treated fairly by the law, society, than by their fellow women!

Do the world a favor…educate yourself into being a more tolerant, kind and compassionate human being…PLEASE!

Im pretty sure Ophelia is Horse Doctor. She is a horrible misandrist (man hater) who repeatedly mistakenly attacks men that are actually of a similar belief as her. I've seen her do it many times. She never responds when her mistake is pointed out so don't hold your breath waiting for a reply from her.

I don't believe it.

There are tons and tons of Thai hookers that would line up for a chance to go work in a brothel overseas. These girl knew what they were in for no doubt. I do believe they get in over their head or get homesick and can't fullfill obligations.

There is a lady in Pattaya signing up girls to go to Bahrain.

When they get caught they always say it was supposed to be a restaurant job.

Now you know.

great news of these kind!

one of my loyal staff, recently resigned from our company and went to NORWAY to help in her uncle Thai restaurant. she barely know that uncle as he is been living there for 20 years.

She was one of our best staff and i really wanted her to stay. i don't know what future she would make there.

Hi.

I am living in Norway. Salaries are some of the highest in the world, service-woman here are mostly for Nigeria and eastern europe (actually illegal to buy "services" as of this year, so not much is offered at the moment..), and there is a Thai community here already (I am referring to Oslo). So I think she would be allright.

In all Thai restaurants that I know of there is only Thai staff, probably they are cheaper in labour than natives, so it seems natural to call home to Thailand for reinforcements..

Eddie.

I don't believe it.

There are tons and tons of Thai hookers that would line up for a chance to go work in a brothel overseas. These girl knew what they were in for no doubt. I do believe they get in over their head or get homesick and can't fullfill obligations.

Now you know.

That is not strictly true about them knowing what they were getting into.

Many of these people in the trafficking business use the ploy of offering them a better life (away from a life on the game) and better money. In some cases even to the point of guarantee a foriegn passport. Now you tell me what thai woman is going to pass up the chance of supporting her family better? After all that is all they are doing in the sex trade making money to send home to give them good standing within the family circle. Sometimes they are so desperate that they do not stop to think of what might happen.

also these type of people (or should i say degenerates) are looking for young gullible girls, Not older streetwise ones, If that was the case there would be no end of takers without the need to lock them up

Edited by cyborg22

Prostitution of yourself should be legal. Forced prostitution and kidnapping and detaining against one's will and forced into sex is not the same thing at all and should be punished to the fullest extent. It doesn't matter if these girls were already prostitutes, had been doing it for years or not - once you force someone to do something or con them into believing once thing when another is true you have crossed the line. Personally I think getting into debt to get a job working as a prostitute should be outlawed - it's not so hard to find a customer so in fairly short order a girl who has any looks should soon have the financial freedom to take her life where she wants it to go. Education is essential and should be given at school. Let's improson all the hypocrites and political and religious leaders trying to stop people living their lives the way they want to. Put those people in prison and get back to reality and a little freedom.

Prostitution of yourself should be legal. Forced prostitution and kidnapping and detaining against one's will and forced into sex is not the same thing at all and should be punished to the fullest extent. It doesn't matter if these girls were already prostitutes, had been doing it for years or not - once you force someone to do something or con them into believing once thing when another is true you have crossed the line. Personally I think getting into debt to get a job working as a prostitute should be outlawed - it's not so hard to find a customer so in fairly short order a girl who has any looks should soon have the financial freedom to take her life where she wants it to go. Education is essential and should be given at school. Let's improson all the hypocrites and political and religious leaders trying to stop people living their lives the way they want to. Put those people in prison and get back to reality and a little freedom.

One or two points in your post i have slight reservations about slipper, but on the whole i agree.

Freedom of choice springs to mind

I don't believe it.

Now you know.

You are being completely ignorant. This thread is about girls that were forced to perform sex and were confined, they had no freedom, do you get it yet? You are aware that most Thai prostitutes in Thailand have complete freedom right? They do not get locked in a room to service man after man with no way to escape.

Prostitution of yourself should be legal.

Will believe this when you say it's ok for YOUR OWN kids to do so...

People who have to actually buy sex are a sad, sad, lot yet they likely wouldn't EVER permit another to touch their OWN kids in a similar manner (except an exceptionally sick few)

Edited by baht&sold

Prostitution of yourself should be legal.

Will believe this when you say it's ok for YOUR OWN kids to do so...

People who have to actually buy sex are a sad, sad, lot yet they likely wouldn't EVER permit another to touch their OWN kids in a similar manner (except an exceptionally sick few)

Forget about the kids baht.

Have you ever been married?

If the answer is yes. Then believe me you have paid for it tenfold :) rofl Jmho

Edited by cyborg22

I don't believe it.

Now you know.

You are being completely ignorant. This thread is about girls that were forced to perform sex and were confined, they had no freedom, do you get it yet? You are aware that most Thai prostitutes in Thailand have complete freedom right? They do not get locked in a room to service man after man with no way to escape.

Well said and 2nded laughingman

"To me it is 10 times worse when a woman victimises another woman in this way instead of a man doing it. "

TheLaughingMan...

what? 10 time worse for a woman to commit this crime than it is for a man?

You have to be kidding.

How about the fact that these types of crimes are committed by men well over 10 times more often than the same crime committed by women.

From my own observation, MORE THAN 20 YEARS IN THAILAND, I would say that in 99% of cases it's Thai women who encourage other Thai girls to enter the sex trade.

From my own observation, MORE THAN 20 YEARS IN THAILAND, I would say that in 99% of cases it's Thai women who encourage other Thai girls to enter the sex trade.

True, But only small in fact very small minority who percure those for what i would call sex slaves. Hidden away and abused with no freedom whatsoever.

As i stated in an earlier post these degenerates prey on the younger more gullible thai girls. As you will all be aware a thai woman at the age of at for instance 25 yrs, Can in a lot of cases look not unlike a 15/16 year old or younger. They are maybe (in my opinion chosen to satisfy the pedo tendancies of clients). Without the fear that they could be arrested for pedo offences as the girls are above the legal age jmho.

We do not know the age of these girls or their circumstances, so who are we to judge?

There is to much of that on here, Think hard before you post better still read the original post more than once then post.

Then if you truly cannot see the wood for the trees then you are sadly lacking in something.

Edited by cyborg22

I don't believe it.

Now you know.

Like I said, I don't believe them.

What do you expect them to say. "I signed up to be a prostitute in a foreign country"?

A recruiter doesn't need to coerce anybody. Thousands and thousands of Thai hookers would go voluntarily, no?

What do you expect them to say. "I signed up to be a prostitute in a foreign country"?

A recruiter doesn't need to coerce anybody. Thousands and thousands of Thai hookers would go voluntarily, no?

Open your eyes, Or better still take off the mask you use to sleep in then maybe you will see the light.

Read the posts and understand them before you post such rubbish.

I have a friend in uk he would use the saying, If i had a brush half as daft i would saw the head off it.

Edited by cyborg22

Sad, with all the News far and near about this kind of scam some ladies still fall for it hook line and sinker, no wonder it is very difficult for a Thai woman to get a visa to certain Country, my understanding South Africa is not one them, I have Thai lady friend of the family who travel to South Africa quite often along. She is well to do by any standard. :D:):D

That does not match my experience with South-Africa: When I visited South-Africa as a tourist, I got a visa for just the duration (number of days) of my organized tour. That is very little by contrast with e.g. Argentina, where I got 3 months immediately.

No, you don't have your facts. You see only what is around you and that is many willing prostitutes in Thailand so assume the rest of the world is the same. There is a very real and very large problem with human traficking and it does not involve willing participants who prostitute themselves, and then later call foul as you would like to believe. Slavery is still alive and well and people that are lured into or kidnapped into slavery did not know what they were in store for. Once these girls are out of Thailand and into an unknown element they are at the mercy of those that are supposedly going to take care of them.