Mama San Gang Jailed For 7 Years

george

Only 4 customers a day, 3 mama sans, 2 chicks?! Why did the mama sans not prostitute themselves?

Ok I'm starting to see a pattern here, people really are clueless. Why don't pimps prostitute themselves? Because they arent the slaves DUH! Why would a pimp do the grunt work when he gets paid more to manage? Ohhhh right because they are women then of course, why dont all women prostitute themselves right? How come people are so stupid? Is it just old fuddled men posting here is that why? Sorry to any intelligent older men.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, I don't believe them.

What do you expect them to say. "I signed up to be a prostitute in a foreign country"?

A recruiter doesn't need to coerce anybody. Thousands and thousands of Thai hookers would go voluntarily, no?

No, you don't have your facts. You see only what is around you and that is many willing prostitutes in Thailand so assume the rest of the world is the same. There is a very real and very large problem with human traficking and it does not involve willing participants who prostitute themselves, and then later call foul as you would like to believe. Slavery is still alive and well and people that are lured into or kidnapped into slavery did not know what they were in store for. Once these girls are out of Thailand and into an unknown element they are at the mercy of those that are supposedly going to take care of them.

Blinkered i think the term is laughingman

Like I said, I don't believe them.

What do you expect them to say. "I signed up to be a prostitute in a foreign country"?

A recruiter doesn't need to coerce anybody. Thousands and thousands of Thai hookers would go voluntarily, no?

Open your eyes, Or better still take off the mask you use to sleep in then maybe you will see the light.

Read the posts and understand them before you post such rubbish.

I have a friend in uk he would use the saying, If i had a brush half as daft i would saw the head off it.

Rubbish? We are talking Thailand.

You really think these girls thought they were flying half way round the world to serve beer? They know exactly what they are doing. Their friends have been working over there and reporting back.

Just 2 weeks ago, a girl I know, works in Pattaya, said her friends went to Bahrain, to work in a Thai brothel. There is a Thai lady recruiting them in Pattaya.

I was concerned and asked her to check up on them. No problem. Taking several customers a day and raking in the cash.

There is a waiting list of willing girls. A very long list.

And if they get caught, what do you think they will say?

I thought I was going to get a job in a restaurant.

Do you or do you not acknowledge that there is indeed human trafficking and slavery in the world today?

Do you ever get the impression you are wasting your breath laughingman?

Edited by cyborg22

Do you or do you not acknowledge that there is indeed human trafficking and slavery in the world today?

Yes, I do believe it..but not in this case.

You think the girls mentioned in the first post didn't know what they were getting into?

Yes, I do believe it..but not in this case.

You think the girls mentioned in the first post didn't know what they were getting into?

To be honest i don't think you would believe it in any case. There is no evidence forthcoming that these girls were on the game before hand or that they knew what they were getting into.

So all we have is speculation and personal opinion. I have tried to find out as much as i can about these girls from certain people but to no avail.

I'm just saying this is Thailand. There are thousands and thousands that would go willingly, in fact I mentioned a specific case above.

Why would they need to coerce anybody?

You just don't get it do you? How long have you stayed Thailand?

How much have you travelled in thailand?

Edited by cyborg22

Prostitution of yourself should be legal.

Will believe this when you say it's ok for YOUR OWN kids to do so...

People who have to actually buy sex are a sad, sad, lot yet they likely wouldn't EVER permit another to touch their OWN kids in a similar manner (except an exceptionally sick few)

Seems to suit a lot of issan families ! :) " Will believe this when you say it's ok for YOUR OWN kids to do so...

I'm just saying this is Thailand. There are thousands and thousands that would go willingly, in fact I mentioned a specific case above.

Well speaking for myself almost 21 years ,and i remember the guy that accompanied me over first time telling me " all these girls hate what they do and are looking for a foreign husband " took me about 2 weeks to find out what a crock that was,i think what a lot of members ( me included ) are thinking is ,why take naive ones when there are so many willing girls, does seem odd,. :)

[quote name='imaneggspurt' post='2850174' date='2009-07-04 19:38:37'Well speaking for myself almost 21 years ,and i remember the guy that accompanied me over first time telling me " all these girls hate what they do and are looking for a foreign husband " took me about 2 weeks to find out what a crock that was,i think what a lot of members ( me included ) are thinking is ,why take naive ones when there are so many willing girls, does seem odd,. :)

The truth is often stranger than fiction, My time in Thailand is coming up 53 years. I was born in kanchanaburi and i have seen many things you would not wish to see. The younger looking girls are in demand for a reason i have already posted. Even if these girls went willingly what gives their employers the right to lock them up?

Edited by cyborg22

Well speaking for myself almost 21 years ,and i remember the guy that accompanied me over first time telling me " all these girls hate what they do and are looking for a foreign husband " took me about 2 weeks to find out what a crock that was,i think what a lot of members ( me included ) are thinking is ,why take naive ones when there are so many willing girls, does seem odd,. :)

The truth is often stranger than fiction, My time in Thailand is coming up 53 years. I was born in kanchanaburi and i have seen many things you would not wish to see. The younger looking girls are in demand for a reason i have already posted. Even if these girls went willingly what gives their employers the right to lock them up?

None, and if indeed that is true and what happened they deserve it for if nothing else being so stupid recruiting those sorts in a country with 10,000s of willing ones,

None, and if indeed that is true and what happened they deserve it for if nothing else being so stupid recruiting those sorts in a country with 10,000s of willing ones,

No they did not deserve 7 years!!!!! More good they get 20 years .

The distinction that some of you are failing to see is the difference between slavery and prostitution. I mean you really aren't seeing it. So what if the girls that went over there thought they were going to be ho's? When they get there, are locked up and forced to have sex with multiple men per day without seeing any profit (the pimps take all the money, otherwise why lock them up?) what do you call that? Willing prostitution? You still won't get it. People lure these girls so they can make money off them, all the money or almost all of it. That's a light years difference between what all the willing hos in Thailand are doing, they can say no, they can quit, they get 100% of the money, not the case when they are lured overseas and become at the mercy of people that will confine them.

What's not to get? You think they were coerced and I am pointing out that coercion is not necessary here.

Are you saying there are no Thai hookers willing to go overseas?

The distinction that some of you are failing to see is the difference between slavery and prostitution. I mean you really aren't seeing it. So what if the girls that went over there thought they were going to be ho's? When they get there, are locked up and forced to have sex with multiple men per day without seeing any profit (the pimps take all the money, otherwise why lock them up?) what do you call that? Willing prostitution? You still won't get it. People lure these girls so they can make money off them, all the money or almost all of it. That's a light years difference between what all the willing hos in Thailand are doing, they can say no, they can quit, they get 100% of the money, not the case when they are lured overseas and become at the mercy of people that will confine them.

My friends says she talked with the girls that went to Bahrain.

Screwing a bunch of guys all day is what they went there for.

Everything AOK.

What's not to get? You think they were coerced and I am pointing out that coercion is not necessary here.

I did not say that. I was mainly trying to assertain your real experience of thailand.

You are becoming more and more familiar all the time,

Keep posting i'm sure one of us will suss you soon if they haven't already :)

Edited by cyborg22

Ugh. You still don't get it, like talking to a toddler. The amount of willing hookers has nothing to do with slavery. If you are a pimp slaver, do you want hookers that "willingly" take the majority of the profit or do you want the one you can trick and confine so you can take all or most of the money. There are Thai prostitutes that go overseas to work and they make alot of money, this is not that situation. Your logic that "so many are willing so its unnecessary to force them" is the logic of a small child. They force them in order to steal all the money for themselves, get it yet? Its math. Simple math. Confine and force them and you get to keep all the money, do not confine and force them and you get a much smaller portion. Do you understand? Oh my god I know you don't.

Your one line "coercion is not necessary here" points out your glaring lack of knowledge and sense about Thailand and about this topic. Rape isnt necessary here either right? Because so many willing women? But guess what, there is a huge problem with rape here. How do you figure that into your warped view?

Ugh. You still don't get it, like talking to a toddler. The amount of willing hookers has nothing to do with slavery. If you are a pimp slaver, do you want hookers that "willingly" take the majority of the profit or do you want the one you can trick and confine so you can take all or most of the money. There are Thai prostitutes that go overseas to work and they make alot of money, this is not that situation. Your logic that "so many are willing so its unnecessary to force them" is the logic of a small child. They force them in order to steal all the money for themselves, get it yet? Its math. Simple math. Confine and force them and you get to keep all the money, do not confine and force them and you get a much smaller portion. Do you understand? Oh my god I know you don't.

Your one line "coercion is not necessary here" points out your glaring lack of knowledge and sense about Thailand and about this topic. Rape isnt necessary here either right? Because so many willing women? But guess what, there is a huge problem with rape here. How do you figure that into your warped view?

If we are still talking about the girls in the opening post I stand by my statements.

They knew what they were up to. No doubt.

Are some girls coerced into it... probably.

The girls I know, went to Bahrain. I was concerned and did a google on Bahrain and Thai girls. It didn't look good so we contacted them in bahrain.

No problems. More of there friends are wanting to go too.

If we are still talking about the girls in the opening post I stand by my statements.

It would seem then that you have insider information by stating no doubt.

Otherwise how could you have come to that conclusion?

It would seem then that you have insider information by stating no doubt.

Otherwise how could you have come to that conclusion?

No, inside info.

Just the fact that there is no shortage of Thai hookers WILLING to do these things....and when they get caught... they ALL say it was supposed to be a restaurant job.

I could walk down Sukhumvit any time of day and round up dozens that would take the job.

Were the girls in THIS story coerced?

Probably not.

What did you expect them to say if they get caught? What do you think they tell their parents? I went overseas to suck cock or I went overseas to a job at a restaurant?

No, inside info.

Just the fact that there is no shortage of Thai hookers WILLING to do these things....and when they get caught... they ALL say it was supposed to be a restaurant job.

I could walk down Sukhumvit any time of day and round up dozens that would take the job.

Probably not.

What did you expect them to say if they get caught? What do you think they tell their parents? I went overseas to suck cock or I went overseas to a job at a restaurant?

These girls were not caught as you put it.

They escaped and fled to the Thai embassy, Open you eyes man you still don't get it.

No, inside info.

Probably not.

These girls were not caught as you put it.

They escaped and fled to the Thai embassy, Open you eyes man you still don't get it.

If it is true, they have my sympathy for sure. I have serious doubts about these type of stories.

Escaped? ... or didn't want to fulfill their obligations and made up a fairy tale.

I know allot of Thai hookers. Honesty isn't one of their strong traits.

Edited by Serpico

If it is true, they have my sympathy for sure. I have serious doubts about these type of stories.

Escaped? ... or didn't want to fulfill their obligations and made up a fairy tale.

I know allot of Thai hookers. Honesty isn't one of their strong traits.

The fact that a court of law believed them and jailed the perpetrators should be enough for you. They had the evidence before them (which you do not) and acted accordingly.

Remember also they were awarded compensation by the courts.

Edited by cyborg22

Held in slavery and no compensation

or

Willing prostitution, but don't want the folks at home

to know how the money is earned.

No doubt there are BOTH scenarios being worked daily world wide.

In this case the law found the reasoning credible to

lock up these mama sans for a decent interval.

I suspect the fear of the former situation prevents more of the latter in practice.

The fact that a court of law believed them and jailed the perpetrators should be enough for you. They had the evidence before them (which you do not) and acted accordingly. Remember also they were awarded compensation by the courts.

This is a key point, worth emphasizing. The court did rule against the perpetrators. For sure the judge had more facts available than any of us do. There's not much reason to assume bias, so the girls probably were victims of a crime to some extent.

What I think happened is that the women were well aware of the nature of the business before signing up, but were then surprised by unexpectedly harsh conditions once they got there (different than the original deal). Given Asian business practices, wouldn't be the first time.

The fact that some girls are in Bahrain of their own free will, doing great and getting along well with the management is interesting, but proves nothing. Seems like this particular group of girls ran into criminal operators, and basically got cheated. That's what the Thai court thinks.

By the same token, if this was an extreme case of slavery and abuse of innocent unsuspecting girls (as some posters suggest), I think the punishment would have been harsher, even in Thai court.

Edited by crocodilexp

The fact that a court of law believed them and jailed the perpetrators should be enough for you. They had the evidence before them (which you do not) and acted accordingly. Remember also they were awarded compensation by the courts.

This is a key point, worth emphasizing. The court did rule against the perpetrators. For sure the judge had more facts available than any of us do. There's not much reason to assume bias, so the girls probably were victims of a crime to some extent.

What I think happened is that the women were well aware of the nature of the business before signing up, but were then surprised by unexpectedly harsh conditions once they got there (different than the original deal). Given Asian business practices, wouldn't be the first time.

The fact that some girls are in Bahrain of their own free will, doing great and getting along well with the management is interesting, but proves nothing. Seems like this particular group of girls ran into criminal operators, and basically got cheated. That's what the Thai court thinks.

By the same token, if this was an extreme case of slavery and abuse of innocent unsuspecting girls (as some posters suggest), I think the punishment would have been harsher, even in Thai court.

At last.....common sense...alas, some posters wouldn't wake up if a country outhouse fell on them....brick by brick! :)

I read in the paper the other day that girls as young as 13 are selling sex for money so they can buy designer clothes. They call it "compensated dating." I'm not trying to make a distinction between two things. It does help explain why the girls are so vulnerable. The people who take advantage are demonic.

Sorry. This was in Hong Kong. Not here.

I know of this only from reading also. This started in Japan, and there is really very little sex for money involved.

It is mostly old duffers paying in entertainment and gifts for the (mostly) chaste companionship of young girls, who

string the old farts along, allowing them to fantasize, and milking them for all they can get. Mostly, the old guys hope

for a chance to act-out their jailbait fantasies, and the girls have no thought whatever of allowing that to happen (Oooooh!

GROSS!)