Mama San Gang Jailed For 7 Years

george

I read in the paper the other day that girls as young as 13 are selling sex for money so they can buy designer clothes. They call it "compensated dating." I'm not trying to make a distinction between two things. It does help explain why the girls are so vulnerable. The people who take advantage are demonic.

Sorry. This was in Hong Kong. Not here.

I know of this only from reading also. This started in Japan, and there is really very little sex for money involved.

It is mostly old duffers paying in entertainment and gifts for the (mostly) chaste companionship of young girls, who

string the old farts along, allowing them to fantasize, and milking them for all they can get. Mostly, the old guys hope

for a chance to act-out their jailbait fantasies, and the girls have no thought whatever of allowing that to happen (Oooooh!

GROSS!)

I would be interested to know your source on this? What link/book/newspaper?

After many years visiting japan on business i've never come across anything like this or heard of it for that matter

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not so sure if these girls are 100% innocent.

Are you kidding ?

These girls would have been manipulated for someone else's profit, would have been very young, totally naive and not had a clue about what was to happen to them. How the hel_l do you think trafficers operate ?

How you know that they were so young. I did not see there ages. Maybe they were already working

in a bar beer in Soi Cowboy or Nana complex or Pattaya. I have seen many thai girls in almost every country in the

world, doing these same kind of job as they were doing when they were still working in these places.

You can take the girl out the bar but you can not take the bar out of the girl. That is why many thai girlfriends

will still work some kind of prostitution when they are abroad. In many cases their boyfriends or husband are aware of it

and not happy at all.

WHAT?! I think you've been around Sukhumvit and Pattaya too long. Walk a little away from those places and you'll discover that a Thai Girl does NOT equal = Bar Girl or prostitute! And Thai women don't have a reputation of working as prostitutes abroad!

I thought this forum is for expats and people who know Thailand well, but, by some of the responses here, I wonder....

Thais are a lot less stupid than many farangs give them credit for.

Perhaps, but ONLY where money is concerned!

Dunno. A different logic system. Living for today might seem stupid to us, but then again is it that smart to die rich? What I was referring to as far as farangs are concerned is the way Thai women, not just working women, encourage farangs to think that they really don't know what is going on, when they actually do full well. Farang new arrivals are taken to the cleaners by professional ladies as it is their profession to apppear to be naive, loving, trusting etc. Any girl who goes off in search of work in a beer bar well knows the situation, but I imagine they could well get their fingers burnt in S Africa.

It is very difficult for any single Thai working girl with no power to get out of one country and work in another. Which is where people traffickers come in. Some very bad people exist in most unregulated indutries, and human trafficking is of course an extreme example of an unregulated industry.

In the likes of KL, the Thais that are working in beer bars tend to get there themselves, but Philipinos dominate and they are virtually all there with the help of agents. The problem for the Thais is that despite being in ASEAN I believe they have to arrive by air and have to show a return ticket and have to leave within a month. Not easy to make money lying on your back this way and more unlikely to hit the jackpot in KL than Bangkok. I am unsure about the Philipinos but I suspect their agents (people traffickers) find some way round this time limit.

in general I am not really impressed with any embassy operating abroad, not with Western Embassies and not with Thai embassies. Their normal point of view is one of "som nam naa" and your own problem. Chapeau therefore that this embassy has reacted in a decent and great manner. Human trafficking should be stopped at all cost.

where does human trafficking begin and end? Should young girls in Shan State in Burma not be allowed a helping hand (paid for, of course) to make it across the border into Thailand? I know many stories of girls ending up in Thailand to a far better life than they would have otherwise have known in Burma. Most of the millions of Burmese living in Thailand would never be here without "human trafficking". So why stop it at all costs? In what capacity are you to stop any other human being's choice to do what they see as an improvement to their lot? Before you want to stop something at all cost you first have to define what "human trafficking" is.

I would argue that many human traffickers do a better job at solving world poverty than any fat UN bureaucrat. Just what have they ever done for the Burmese people?

Furthermore, I don't believe that there are many Thai girls so gullible as to believe that in such circumstances, they were heading to supply anything other than sexual services. Thais are a lot less stupid than many farangs give them credit for.

In more than five years of reading forum posts on ThaiVisa, this is the most ignorant post I've ever read.

You don't say much, do you? Post number 6... "most ignorant post I have ever read"...number 6 post in 6 years wasn't much of a contribution, was it?

OK, if you want to steer clear of Burma, let's talk about what the UN has done for the Cambodians? Bear in mind the billions spent on UNTAC and the fact that you don't have anything other than Hun Sen still in power. Compare the UN's economic impact to the greedy capitalist Chinese sweat shop owners (I don't like them much either) but this is what I am talking about. Cambodians and the Shan people have to live in the real world and I don't really see how the UN helps them. The UN though certainly do help themself. It is one big expensive ineffectual body, which serves as a gravy train to all those on it and nothing much more.

Edited by SPIKECM

the three women detained Ying and Noi and forced them to provide sexual services on an average of four customers per day

Seems they got off somewhat lightly if the above is what happened.

You're right about that. My ex got 8 years for stealing my ATM card.

Hmmm, I like Thailand's tough sentencing. My ex got half of all my assets plus alimony and child support - and custody of my daughter!

Hmmm, I like Thailand's tough sentencing. My ex got half of all my assets plus alimony and child support - and custody of my daughter!

Sorry to hear that, but it is my understanding that child support can't be inforced in Thai law. I have never heard of alimony in Thai law, especially after splitting of assets. If you don't pay child support, she can go back to court, but the court can then only say something like "you bad man" and not much more. What could they do to enforce it anyway?

Edited by SPIKECM