Ctrl T Is Not Producing New Tabs In Firefox

torrenova

I have AVG and the toolbar was producing new tabs with a semi yahoo search box instead of www.google.co.uk which I have as a toolbar but when I turned off the feature to do this, the n ormal shortcut of CTRL T no longer produces a new tab.

Any ideas ?

I sometimes have this when some flash content is loading/playing in a tab. CTRL+t won't do anything, although "file" and "new tab" are working just fine.

So it does seem that webpage content can affect the keystroke shortcuts, so I assume a toolbar could do the same...

I have one machine that has a problem with this - sometimes it works and some times it does not

I have ruled out a problem with the keyboard - but I had not thought it may be a flash issue

it is the abuse machine that all are allowed to use for the internet so I have not been too worried about it - the odd thing is ctrl t always works in VNC

I was going to install FF3.5 on it shortly anyway

Although using windows 32 with Firfox 3.5 I have no problems.

I have disabled the AVG extensions in Firefox as I do not want them, and there is no way to remove them without uninstalling and then re-instaling AVG.

I use the Tab Mix Plus extension which gives me much greater control over the tabbed browsing facilities in Firefox

The thing is that I updated to Vista SP2 on HP on the sme day and wondered if there was an issue with that.

Turning it back on restores functionality now but doesn't overcome the original problem of new tabs coming out with yahoo rubbish.

Can't download Tab MIx on 3.5 yet.

I have AVG and the toolbar was producing new tabs with a semi yahoo search box instead of www.google.co.uk which I have as a toolbar but when I turned off the feature to do this, the n ormal shortcut of CTRL T no longer produces a new tab.

Any ideas ?

Check your language.

If you are not in English mode, then the ctrl+T is actually something ctrl+other key.

Also like said above, the Flash movie thing, and the focus on your application - if you are not "inside" Firefox, then you can't send shortcuts to it.

Any ideas ?

Check your language.

If you are not in English mode, then the ctrl+T is actually something ctrl+other key.

Also like said above, the Flash movie thing, and the focus on your application - if you are not "inside" Firefox, then you can't send shortcuts to it.

It doesn't work at any time unless you turn the AVG Yahoo thing on.