Maxnet Latest Problems: Maxnet Answer

YouYouYou

^Same exact situation as me. I changed to premier recently and it is finally workable, but certainly less than promised and I also only have the choice of TOT, which is not a choice, and opting for a CAT CDMA deal, with an outlay of 12,000 Baht - last option.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Same exact situation as me. I changed to premier recently and it is finally workable, but certainly less than promised and I also only have the choice of TOT, which is not a choice, and opting for a CAT CDMA deal, with an outlay of 12,000 Baht - last option.

Not exactly the same situation — because you still have the CAT option. I don't have this option, because CAT can't (...or don't want) to connect us in our location in Pattaya.

So I can choose between "Maxcrement" and "TOT", which is like a choice between shit and shit. The question is only which shit is worse... :)

A last chance for me could be perhaps the solution which was suggested by "hughden" — a combination between "TOT" (for the lines) and "Ji net" (as provider).

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2892858

But I think this sounds very complicated, especially because "Ji net" (= "Jasmin") has no support in Pattaya. You have to clear everything with Bangkok.

^ It's funny, I have exactly the opposite experience, having had TOT several places but never working and TT&T/Maxnet (generally) always working (if not perfect then at least usable).

Maybe some of it is down to where you are. Seems the Pattaya area is TT&T/Maxnet country... never heard of anyone here happy with TOT.

Well, the switch has been made to TOT platinum at the same price as Indy and it seems fine. I does appear have perfect connectivity to my fave sites in US (for my first 2.5 hours with TOT, B4 on Indy no connectivity 99% of the time) and DL UL to BKK is same as Indy but ping a bit higher (was 45-50 on Maxnet) now 72 - 78MS. Also page loads for TV, hotmail, facebook just plain quicker!

Snr 33 and 26 so ok, but attenuation on UL good at 2.2 but DL is 12.5. I think this is down to the Sh** set up in my house (have 6 phone points, may be one in office is not so good ..will test) or that the last 250 metres to the DSlam at mubaan entrance is too old (@14 years). My friend who is about 30 metres from Dslam with a one year old cable has 1.0 on DL.

However, it doesn't seem to be having an impact of performance at the moment but I will check into it.

Also can use phone same time too and doesn't seem to have an effect either way to phone or comp. use ...(was worried about that)

Good luck to you all, be it TTT or TOT and let's hope we can all be satisfied one day ...err one day eh. :)

P.S. It is just a lottery where you live me thinks and Maxnet dont work west of BKK a litten bit ...TOT seems too. I'm 'sucking it and see' ...no other options here like I said.

Well, the switch has been made to TOT platinum at the same price as Indy and it seems fine. I does appear have perfect connectivity to my fave sites in US (for my first 2.5 hours with TOT, B4 on Indy no connectivity 99% of the time) and DL UL to BKK is same as Indy but ping a bit higher (was 45-50 on Maxnet) now 72 - 78MS. Also page loads for TV, hotmail, facebook just plain quicker!

Snr 33 and 26 so ok, but attenuation on UL good at 2.2 but DL is 12.5. I think this is down to the Sh** set up in my house (have 6 phone points, may be one in office is not so good ..will test) or that the last 250 metres to the DSlam at mubaan entrance is too old (@14 years). My friend who is about 30 metres from Dslam with a one year old cable has 1.0 on DL.

However, it doesn't seem to be having an impact of performance at the moment but I will check into it.

Also can use phone same time too and doesn't seem to have an effect either way to phone or comp. use ...(was worried about that)

Good luck to you all, be it TTT or TOT and let's hope we can all be satisfied one day ...err one day eh. :)

P.S. It is just a lottery where you live me thinks and Maxnet dont work west of BKK a litten bit ...TOT seems too. I'm 'sucking it and see' ...no other options here like I said.

Please post some speed tests to the States on east and west coast so we can compare.

^ For RD ...the DL's could be better, but my P2P for the last 6.5 hours has been spot on and no disconnections ...TOT (so far) appears to work for me ....look at those UL's ...I think therein lies the difference for me personally.

U.S. West

528047451.png

U.S. East (remember my figs 2 or 3 nights ago? 0.03 0.01 and 4K+ ping on maxnet)

528047989.png

Oh and BKK with the slightly higher ping

528055612.png

Well, fingers crossed, but so far so good as I can now do what I used to do up until June 20th with maxnet and then no more. My bag, my problem ...solved!!! by switching ISP. TOT (so far) is good in my book ..but just my location and what I want to do.... that's all me thinks. If yer happy with TTT don't switch, If Not do ....and vice versa with TOT ...up to you you you to find out eh. :D

Time to bring this thread to a close (or nearly) don't you think ...has gone on long enough eh ...good luck all :)

^ Ok Zen ...exactly 60 Km's west of the Pinklao bridge in an 'amphur muang'. As my line reads ...'west of BKK a litten bit'. Do you wanna drop in for a cup of tea?

PM me Lol :) you're welcome! :D time for bed now ...I must work (unfortunately) :D

^ Ok Zen ...exactly 60 Km's west of the Pinklao bridge in an 'amphur muang'. As my line reads ...'west of BKK a litten bit'. Do you wanna drop in for a cup of tea?

PM me Lol :) you're welcome! :D time for bed now ...I must work (unfortunately) :D

Hmmm... I think some more concret informations about your new "TOT" connection could be helpful. :D

^ For RD ...the DL's could be better, but my P2P for the last 6.5 hours has been spot on and no disconnections ...TOT (so far) appears to work for me ....look at those UL's ...I think therein lies the difference for me personally.

U.S. West

528047451.png

U.S. East (remember my figs 2 or 3 nights ago? 0.03 0.01 and 4K+ ping on maxnet)

528047989.png

Oh and BKK with the slightly higher ping

528055612.png

Well, fingers crossed, but so far so good as I can now do what I used to do up until June 20th with maxnet and then no more. My bag, my problem ...solved!!! by switching ISP. TOT (so far) is good in my book ..but just my location and what I want to do.... that's all me thinks. If yer happy with TTT don't switch, If Not do ....and vice versa with TOT ...up to you you you to find out eh. :D

Time to bring this thread to a close (or nearly) don't you think ...has gone on long enough eh ...good luck all :)

Too slow for me to watch streaming video. I would have to wait all night waiting for it to buffer but if it works for you then I am happy. My speeds keep getting better and are almost back to normal, whatever normal is. :D

528086266.png

528088752.png

You can pay your Maxnet invoice at any Seven-11, free of charges.

I believe 7-11 tacks on a B10 baht handling fee to each bill they process. Not a deal breaker for me, but for some folks, B10 is B10...

terrible! :)

7/11 have never charged me for paying TT&T bills. Other bills, e.g. electric, ToT phone, yes 10 baht, but not TT&T.

I think johng (post 351) was implying that after all the recent kerfuffle with TT&T, Triple T and Jasmine, something drastic may have happened re payment facilities.

Lol ....I'm outta here....

526322331.png

Ahhhh its sooo funny ...I have no broadband at mo' (as dis-max'ed this morning)so plugged in my old TOT dial up ..tells me its 33.2 KBPS. I have just played on my fave website in las Vegas for 3 hours with one disconnection for 10 seconds on dial up ! (on Maxnet, most of time couldn't even connect lol) My page loads to TV are the same rate !!!

Here's Washington again for comparision on yes ToT dial up ..nope not maxescrement broadband ...TOT dial up !!!

527160889.png

Lol ...okay lower DL bigger UL and waaaaaaaaaayyyy better ping. Maxnet yer a bucnh of bandits and god help all with this ISP. Can't wait to get my TOT platinum tomorrow (same price same DL and UL) ...TOT dial up beats Maxnet Indy ....sad is'nt it ...LOL. I'm so happy i'm gone.

So for you TTT defenders out there ....think again. Indy 590+vat ....TOT dial up 3 baht for 2 hours ...errr ...mmmm ...well.

Should start a new thread eh "MAXNET INDY VERSUS TOT DIAL UP" ....my vote is for the latter :)

Can you remind me what the number (is it 1122 ?) , user-name and password is for TOT dial up ? I tried it the other week but it said incorrect user name / password , been years since I used it. Handy to have for emergency back up.

The numbers are very good!

SNR and attenuation numbers have to be interpreted inverted!

SNR: the higher the better. For most modems you'd want to see around 10 or more just after a reboot to be able to keep a steady connection.

Attenuation: less important, but anything under 50 is acceptable.

This is what I have in my line:

DSL Status

Connection Status Connected Upstream Rate (Kbps) 896 Downstream Rate (Kbps) 3072 US Margin 6 DS Margin 15 Modulation MMODE LOS Errors 0 DS Line Attenuation 30 US Line Attenuation 49 Path Mode Interleaved

As you can see my upload margin (snr) is too low at 6, and hence my upload connectivity is only 896 kbps instead of the 1024 I should have.

This is actually quite normal on such speeds as an upload of 1 Mbps is the absolute maximum regular ADSL can achieve, and for that you have to be virtually next to the Dslam!

My download sits comfortably at rated speed and an SNR of 15.

Attenuation is also aceptable at 30 down and 49 up (again the upstream close to the limit due to being at the max achievable speed).

1) For Zen. To be more precise. On an existing TOT line, about 250 metres from new Dslam put in about 4 months ago. Lines to house still the old lines. Dslam to TOT HQ local office about 2 KM's in middle of town and @70 K's to Siam Square. Contract ToT Platinum cyber 3MB/512, 590 Baht + VAT (same price and DL UL as Indy package).

U.S. figs this morning

528353507.png

528357099.png

528353110.png

528352837.png

Bangkok

528352181.png

Late for work ...byeee

Speeds may be improving, but when it comes to stablility, it seems that it's getting worse and worse on daily basis. If someone could explain why it is so, I'd like to hear it.

Not sure I know what you mean by stability but if you mean constant speeds they change as use increased, if you mean dropped connections, I have had no drops or interruptions for at least 2 days now and my SNR is constant at about 35/21 all the time.

This morning I Skyped to the USA and it was beautiful. Both sound and video were near perfect.

I'm using TTT Indy 3MB and until today could not Skype. Maybe because internet usage is low at this time of the morning (8:30)?

I don't know why but it was nice to finally Skype with my family after 2 weeks of not being able to.

This morning I Skyped to the USA and it was beautiful. Both sound and video were near perfect.

I'm using TTT Indy 3MB and until today could not Skype. Maybe because internet usage is low at this time of the morning (8:30)?

I don't know why but it was nice to finally Skype with my family after 2 weeks of not being able to.

Best is to try later, when Europe is sleeping and the Americans are about to hit the sack, there is not much traffic, and therefore....! I have similar results, but I just can't call Europe at this time of the day.

my maxnet premier in Chiang Mai (at 12:30pm):

post-44307-1249018438_thumb.jpg

i can Skype all day, but between 3pm and 6pm it is close. why is my download so crappy?

here's to DC - international is faster than local, lol. still crappy download speed . .

post-44307-1249018839_thumb.jpg

Edited by qwunk89

I'm a bit surprised (...and disappointed) that no on else — except "hughden" — had any experience with this "TOT"/"Ji Net" combination, because for me it would be a last alternative to this never ending "Maxcrement" horror, which will never work even only 50% correctly... :)

Looks like Maxnet are issuing new contracts to be completed by all users. Nice of them to send it by registered post - I really love driving to the post office just to pick up a letter.

And it's all in Thai. I wonder what it says. You would've thought as they could see my name was non-Thai that they could've had an English version Stupid boy! TiT. :)

Speeds may be improving, but when it comes to stablility, it seems that it's getting worse and worse on daily basis. If someone could explain why it is so, I'd like to hear it.

Not sure I know what you mean by stability

Mainly latency, which has settled around +200ms (London) from where it used to be. Zig zag ping +/- 50ms. I'm done with this. It is what it is. Speed is quite good though.

Best Wishes.

Indy is the best by far.

I've tried both premium and the New 10 megs TT&T 3BB package.

Rubish, Indy 5 megs far better and the cheapest of all as I researched on this post:

Maxnet opened a stand at Carrefour Hat Yai today to promote their 10Mbit package. The speedtest at the stand soon showed 0.270 down and 0.130 up to a server in Frankfurt. And the cuties at the stand did not even know, what that means, whilst those men, who did know, were superbusy just to avoid talking to me. What a bunch of unprofessional schnooks!