How Much Do You Pay For Rent?

monochaser

I have heard everything from free to 100k baht. I am baffled by the extreme low figures of 2500 and under. I am very curious as to what these places look like. I can't even get my utilities for under that. I will start by saying that I pay 19000 for a 1br on Soi 4

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pay 1800bt, I live in Muang thong thani. It is a nice large studio room with good size bathroom, no roaches, 24 hour security a good night market everyday, food market with 100 stalls open 5am till 9pm, meals 20bt. I can take a mini bus to victory monument 25bt takes 15mins.

I love it here the locals have really taken to me and my Thai has improved no end.

Seven grand in Chiang Mai in a gated and guarded moo bahn just outside the city for a three bedroom, two bathroom, two floor, detached, one-year-old house with landscaped gardens surrounding. Gorgeous house and really quiet but fear someone will buy it soon and we'll be out on our ear.

5000 baht Chiang Mai (3 bedroom + maid room, 4 bathroom, garden around, etc.)

Speaking of Chiang Mai, does anyone want this one? :

Image(03).jpg

Image(09).jpg

4000 baht: 2 bedrooms, one with aircon, large living room, pretty large kitchen, 2 bathrooms. It's a long a little stream South of town, but still Muang (city) district along the Hand Dong road. Not a gated moo baan, regular house in regular soi. :o

I've no connection to this place BTW, was just looking for a place to rent for a friend who got the usual real-estate agent runaround with matching prices, i.e. 10K, 15K.. rediculous. So I looked around in the sois and found this as an example. 4K baht. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

In a Chiang Mai muubaan, 5,000 a month for 3 bedrooms, 2 a/c, two baths, one with Jacuzzi...

Oh, and this in the front yard....

poolbew1.jpg

Plus two rock waterfalls and a fishpond...

Eat your heart out  :o

###### that's nice (consider my heart partially consumed) :D

The difference between what you can pay to rent and what you pay to buy is unbelievable. But when I suggested to my wife that I just assume rent than build, I got shot down in a heart beat!

I rent out three houses in Surin

1/ Two bedroom small villa in large garden ฿4,000

2/ Three bedroom,large villa,swimming pool,UBC paid up ฿10,000

3/ Six bed room,unfurnished. ฿6,500

All of them are on long term rent on a fashionable estate just out side town,with large swimming pool and good restaurant ( a plug,because we've just bought the restaurant, FC 2)

There are good places going for ฿2,500 up though.

In Bangkok (Sukhumvit Soi 6) 3 years ago I was renting an 18th floor 2 bedroom apartment with large (80 sq m) balcony full of garden and jacuzzi for THB 55,000 per month + utilities. (Company paid :o )

Now, until my house is built, I'm renting a 3 bedroom 3 bathroom house in a quiet estate east of Sukhumvit Road in Pattaya for THB 23,000 per month. (I pay). The estate has full security and a communal swimming pool and gymnasium.

You can get cheaper (and you can get more expensive too) in Pattaya, but I prefer to pay a bit more for quality. :D

In a Chiang Mai muubaan, 5,000 a month for 3 bedrooms, 2 a/c, two baths, one with Jacuzzi...

Oh, and this in the front yard....

poolbew1.jpg

Plus two rock waterfalls and a fishpond...

Eat your heart out  :D

And you moan about not being able to put your homepage URL on!!!!1 :o:D

I'm off Phahon Yothin/Sena Nikhom and pay 10,000 per month for a 2 bed ground floor apartment with gardens so that my cats can run around.

Sena Nikhom 1 ?? Good area and a great noodle lady not far from the little market on Pahon Yothin nr soi 32/1 :o

Where? I've found the lovely Hoi Tod vendor, but am still looking out for some decent noodles.