How Much Do You Pay For Rent?

monochaser

5000 baht Chiang Mai (3 bedroom + maid room, 4 bathroom, garden around, etc.)

Speaking of Chiang Mai, does anyone want this one? :

Image(03).jpg

Image(09).jpg

4000 baht:  2 bedrooms, one with aircon, large living room, pretty large kitchen, 2 bathrooms.  It's a long a little stream South of town, but still Muang (city) district along the Hand Dong road.  Not a gated moo baan, regular house in regular soi. :o

I've no connection to this place BTW, was just looking for a place to rent for a friend who got the usual real-estate agent runaround with matching prices, i.e. 10K, 15K..  rediculous.  So I looked around in the sois and found this as an example.  4K baht.  :D 

Cheers,

Chanchao

Where exactly, Chanchao? Kilometres from the Airport Plaza junction, left or right, etc?

cheers

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on sukhumvit soi thonglor, pay bt.7,000 for 2 bedroom 18th floor appartment with a great views :D

been renting it for 7 years now, decorated it myself, with own furniture and a/c :D

For that area thats quite good, unless you're in the Grand Tower whatsitsname.

shhh, wrong, lets keep it a secret okay :D

Good place to keep a secret :o

I'm off Phahon Yothin/Sena Nikhom and pay 10,000 per month for a 2 bed ground floor apartment with gardens so that my cats can run around.

Sena Nikhom 1 ?? Good area and a great noodle lady not far from the little market on Pahon Yothin nr soi 32/1 :o

Where? I've found the lovely Hoi Tod vendor, but am still looking out for some decent noodles.

Soi 32/1, She is the 1st noodle hawker on the right in that soi, it's where the baht busses empty out their pax. Loads of food hawkers there and also a few in the market but I'd stick to the lady for good noodles. :D

> Where exactly, Chanchao? Kilometres from the Airport Plaza

> junction, left or right, etc?

Drive down the Hang Dong road, past Tesco Lotus and then past the middle ring road traffic lights. Then take the first U-turn. You'll pass the entrance to Koolpunt Ville (so this is going back again on the Hang Dong road). Now turn left into the road/soi where the police box is, just a little further from the Koolpunt Ville entrance. House is in a soi on the left from that road/soi. There's a green plastic sign with white lettering saying house for rent (in Thai only) at the soi entrance. I think the woman who runs the little shop there owns it. Not sure how visitble the sign is when driving into that soi as opposed to going the other way. It's pretty much opposite the school there.

It's not that far out really, also lots of public transport passes there on the Hang Dong road, including the pink aircon #10 'everywhere'-bus. :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

In a Chiang Mai muubaan, 5,000 a month for 3 bedrooms, 2 a/c, two baths, one with Jacuzzi...

Oh, and this in the front yard....

Plus two rock waterfalls and a fishpond...

Eat your heart out   :D

And you moan about not being able to put your homepage URL on!!!!1 :o:D

Yeah, you're right. Life can't be too bad when that's all I really have to moan about.. :D

> Where exactly, Chanchao? Kilometres from the Airport Plaza

> junction, left or right, etc?

Drive down the Hang Dong road, past Tesco Lotus and then past the middle ring road traffic lights. Then take the first U-turn.  You'll pass the entrance to Koolpunt Ville (so this is going back again on the Hang Dong road).  Now turn left into the road/soi where the police box is, just a little further from the Koolpunt Ville entrance.  House is in a soi on the left from that road/soi.  There's a green plastic sign with white lettering saying house for rent (in Thai only) at the soi entrance. I think the woman who runs the little shop there owns it.  Not sure how visitble the sign is when driving into that soi as opposed to going the other way.  It's pretty much opposite the school there. 

It's not that far out really, also lots of public transport passes there on the Hang Dong road, including the pink aircon #10 'everywhere'-bus. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

Cheers, Chanchao :o

For Free....

KW dont charge me for staying in her house in Tessaban but she dosnt have a pool.I have to get on my bike over to me condo in Theparak for a splash.(also free) :D ...by then usually need it. :o

I rent out three houses in Surin

1/ Two bedroom small villa in large garden ฿4,000

2/ Three bedroom,large villa,swimming pool,UBC paid up ฿10,000

3/ Six bed room,unfurnished.  ฿6,500

All of them are on long term rent on a fashionable estate just out side town,with large swimming pool and good restaurant ( a plug,because we've just bought the restaurant, FC 2)

There are good places going for ฿2,500 up though.

I'd like to rent the big bastard you're living in Lampman!!! :o

I rent out three houses in Surin

1/ Two bedroom small villa in large garden ฿4,000

2/ Three bedroom,large villa,swimming pool,UBC paid up ฿10,000

3/ Six bed room,unfurnished.  ฿6,500

All of them are on long term rent on a fashionable estate just out side town,with large swimming pool and good restaurant ( a plug,because we've just bought the restaurant, FC 2)

There are good places going for ฿2,500 up though.

I'd like to rent the big bastard you're living in Lampman!!! :o

I'm sure we could do a deal...........you have to have a Rottweiler,Cocker Spaniel,Golden Retriever,Poodle,and a pair of matching thai puppies with it though.............................oh,and the wife :D

A couple of years ago my wife lived in the Emporium for a year (company paid). Monthly rent was approx $3300 US per month for a 3 bedroom. She loved it. They have two penthouses that were approx $10,000 per month, both occupied by foreign executives (one was Citibank president or something similar). If money is no object, the Emporium is the way to go. I understand they are building a similar place on the site of the old Intercontinental Hotel (maybe the name is Siam Paragon).

With the exception of the rates being quoted for serviced apartments, I assume that the figures being quoted here are for long-term contracts. Can anyone offer advice on short-term rental in BKK? I'm going to be in town from the beginning of June for 3 months and need to rent something reasonably quiet, comfortable, handy for the Skytrain and cheap! Does such a place exist? I'm asking a lot I know, but any advice would be gratefully received.

A couple of years ago my wife lived in the Emporium for a year (company paid).  Monthly rent was approx $3300 US per month for a 3 bedroom.  She loved it.  They have two penthouses that were approx $10,000 per month, both occupied by foreign executives (one was Citibank president or something similar).  If money is no object, the Emporium is the way to go.  I understand they are building a similar place on the site of the old Intercontinental Hotel (maybe the name is Siam Paragon).

Our company put the big cheeses at Emp. The little cheeses like me are at the Centrepoints. To tell you the truth, I'd prefer no to live on top of an expensive shopping mall (those with wives will understand)

B10,500 for one room furnished/serviced "apartment" at Victory Monument. Five minute walk to Sky Train and bus/van network (at VM.) Good pool/garden area, nice mix of farang/thai tennants and great shopping and restaurants nearby.