Honda Civic 2.0 - 4 Months From Order To Delivery!

Ordered a Civic 2.0 and am told that the delivery is 4 months out, simply hard to believe.

Does anyone know why Honda is so slow on production? Dealer (Pattaya) says it is the same (3 to 4 months) for other Honda models.

I cannot believe this is what the production schedule is for a company the size of Honda Thailand!

Any insight / info is greatly appreciated.

All these car dealers are order takers now, it seems they arent holding any stock and when they get enough orders they start production,. i wanted a wheel arch for a 2 year old triton, was told 2 weeks ! ..same for bikes, we went to order some parts for a suzuki almost new model and was told a week to 10 days for delivery, this must be in a warehouse somewhere,there is just no urgency to anything the thais do it appears, .ignorance is a bliss, the thais dont seem to care, ive been spoilt, honda uk guarantee parts ordered by 4pm will be at the shop by 10am the next morning, and thats from a central warehouse on holland, thailand has a very long way to go,......

Need Jazz with manual gearbox. They said 5 months

Sorry to hear we're in "the same boat". Honda just does not understand they will lose sales with these long delivery dates.

I was told they had cut back to one shift, from three shifts.

Good luck on getting your Jazz- 5 sp.

2 friends of mine recently brought "new toys" one ordered a fully loaded toyota vigo.......... ordered on a monday............... collect on wednesday.... I couldnt believe how quick the toyota dealerships were

The other a new harley bike........ ordered on the thursday............ collected the following wednesday...... had a few mods and extras added.

If Honda cannot delivers, go get a Toyota or somethings else in stock. This is a free market, why complain.

Better still go get a bike. Ducati anyone?

Yes, considered Toyota and Mazda, but they did not compare on horsepower, features and value. Honda's delays come as a surprise as I hadn't expected such a delay.

If Honda cannot delivers, go get a Toyota or somethings else in stock. This is a free market, why complain.

Better still go get a bike. Ducati anyone?

You buying? If so I'll take an 1198S...you get to pick the colour. Only 1,6M THB will buy you a friend for life!

Ordered a Civic 2.0 and am told that the delivery is 4 months out, simply hard to believe.

Does anyone know why Honda is so slow on production? Dealer (Pattaya) says it is the same (3 to 4 months) for other Honda models.

I cannot believe this is what the production schedule is for a company the size of Honda Thailand!

Have you spoken to other dealers in and around Thailand ?

Honda Ekhemai on Sukhumvit are ok, I ordered a Civic 2.0 i 2006 and it only took two weeks. when I traded it in for the new Accord I only had to wait 5 days. and that was including the extras.

I would not be able to wait 4-6 months for a car. that would promt me to go and look at another make and model. actually, with the civic they said 3 months and I told them I will go and look at Toyota instead and walked out, they called my wife 10 minutes later to say they had one in the colour I wanted and it would take max two weeks. try that, it worked for me. but then again I have bought 3 cars from the same dealer.

Thanks onnut. I'll try the same approach here in Phuket as I'm sure many have also tried. If I need a referral for Honda Ekemai, I'll pm you :)

welcome and good luck. I know how it feels to be told to wait. :D

Have you spoken to other dealers in and around Thailand ?

Yes, have visited 3 and called 3 more. The 3 to 4 month delivery is consistent with the exception of one dealer whom may have quoted me a month to get the order. I have ordered from my local dealer.

Honda Ekhemai on Sukhumvit are ok, I ordered a Civic 2.0 i 2006 and it only took two weeks. when I traded it in for the new Accord I only had to wait 5 days. and that was including the extras.

I would not be able to wait 4-6 months for a car. that would promt me to go and look at another make and model. actually, with the civic they said 3 months and I told them I will go and look at Toyota instead and walked out, they called my wife 10 minutes later to say they had one in the colour I wanted and it would take max two weeks. try that, it worked for me. but then again I have bought 3 cars from the same dealer.

Thanks for your suggestion, did try the "I'll buy a Toyota threat" and 2 dealers said go ahead, sorry can't help you- it is a 4 month delivery. Ordered and waiting impatiently.

Production may have changed as I've heard (unconfirmed report) that the Honda TH factory which serves SE Asia and Australia has cut back to one 8 hr shift from 2 or 3 shifts, due to the economy.

Ordered a white Accord with black leather interior and am told that it will be delivered by 15 November. Oh well, worth it to me! Yes I checked with other dealers and it is the same everwhere. Seems most manufacturers have cut production drastically. Still do not understadning why the Baht is not tumbling yet as a result. Oh well patience. All comes to those that wait.

Ordered a white Accord with black leather interior and am told that it will be delivered by 15 November. Oh well, worth it to me! Yes I checked with other dealers and it is the same everwhere. Seems most manufacturers have cut production drastically. Still do not understadning why the Baht is not tumbling yet as a result. Oh well patience. All comes to those that wait.

Yes, agreed as it is worth the wait for what I believe is the best product. I was told that all models were on a 4 month delivery schedule. And to think that TH is supplying nearly all of SE Asia's and Australia's Honda needs... Also agree that the Baht should be tumbling. Enjoy your Accord (in Nov), great choice.

Yes, agreed as it is worth the wait for what I believe is the best product. I was told that all models were on a 4 month delivery schedule. And to think that TH is supplying nearly all of SE Asia's and Australia's Honda needs... Also agree that the Baht should be tumbling. Enjoy your Accord (in Nov), great choice.

Actually I think Honda has miscalculated the market. They expected a drop like Toyota, but sale figures are still pre finance crisis and now 20-25% higher than Toyota. Lets hope they dare to run 2 shifts again, and come down to 4-6 weeks delivery.

In the meanwhile, the dealers always have something up their sleeve when you tell them a car is needed in 5 days. Never failed, but sometime had to get it in BKK. :)

Try getting a Toyota Fortuna in less than 3 months if you want a specific model or colour (unless you want a basic black or silver). I tried in both Ubon province and 4 dealers in Bangkok before finding one that might be able to do it in 2.5 months - but then again if some richer person wanders in and wants the car I ordered and wants to give the sales person some more money then it will be another month (my impression - let's wait and see).

I could not believe we are in a recession when talking to Toyota dealers. Polite young girls with not a clue about the vehicles, but got the impression from Toyota that customers who do not buy the (usually one or two) cars they happen to have on the lot are a nuisance! Walking out techniques did not work for me on several ocassions, either in respect of getting a bit more off the price or getting a car any quicker.

Come back nasty aggressive dealers who are desperate to sell!!

Try getting a Toyota Fortuna in less than 3 months if you want a specific model or colour (unless you want a basic black or silver). I tried in both Ubon province and 4 dealers in Bangkok before finding one that might be able to do it in 2.5 months - but then again if some richer person wanders in and wants the car I ordered and wants to give the sales person some more money then it will be another month (my impression - let's wait and see).

I could not believe we are in a recession when talking to Toyota dealers. Polite young girls with not a clue about the vehicles, but got the impression from Toyota that customers who do not buy the (usually one or two) cars they happen to have on the lot are a nuisance! Walking out techniques did not work for me on several ocassions, either in respect of getting a bit more off the price or getting a car any quicker.

Come back nasty aggressive dealers who are desperate to sell!!

When i bought my Pre-Runner a year ago, Toyota Nakhon Sawan had what seemed every variation of all the models available (even white Fortuner)....wanted a Vios but was steered toward the truck by the wife and salesman. Wonderful service (although I think I drank their weekly allotment of coffee) and knowledgeable staff.

Actually I think Honda has miscalculated the market. They expected a drop like Toyota, but sale figures are still pre finance crisis and now 20-25% higher than Toyota. Lets hope they dare to run 2 shifts again, and come down to 4-6 weeks delivery.

In the meanwhile, the dealers always have something up their sleeve when you tell them a car is needed in 5 days. Never failed, but sometime had to get it in BKK. :D

Kata,

Agree 100% with you, and hence the reason for this topic. I cannot figure out what Honda is thinking! Perhaps they thought the " automotive world was coming to an end".

Be nice if they could see the light and add at least a 2nd shift, and yes- 4 to 6 weeks is reasonable for delivery. When I hear 4 months I felt like I was in Communist East Germany ordering a Trabant and having to wait "forever". :)

I asked about the 2 litre Civic and was told 3 months. I called Honda Param 4 in Bangkok and got it in 2 days. It is worth ringing around.

hughden,

Thank you, I did so and found one in Bangkok and one at Chonburi, unfortunately the wrong colors. Called about 5 more dealers and zero inventory. Yes, could have "settled" for another color but wanted the dark grey metallic.

Yes true, 3 to 4 months is the wait time, Honda and Toyota have a "captive market" here.