Thaksin Nearly Arrested

webfact

Thaksin nearly arrested

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra narrowly escaped arrest in Kuala Lumpur, slipping out of his hotel ahead of police and flying to the Pacific island country of Fiji, Deputy Interior Minister Thaworn Sennian said in Pattani province on Monday.

Mr Thaworn said the Malaysian government had cooperated with Thailand in planning to arrest the fugitive former prime minister on learning of he was staying at the Shangri-la Hotel in Kuala Lumpur.

But Thaksin was vigilant enough to escape arrest and caught a plane to Fiji.

Continued on Bangkok Post:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politics/1...nearly-arrested

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009/06/07

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am taking that with a grain of salt.

I am sure the Malaysian police would be smart enough to alarm the airport police to look out for Thaksin, but didn't? How could this be possible. KL airport is at least 1 hour drive from the Shangri-la (Jalan sultant Ismail) without traffic, and the Malaysian police should have enough time. KL airport is always very empty even during peak hours. Anyone can identify Thaksin across the bare immigration hall. There is no where to hide, or crowd to cover him.

Thaksin nearly arrested

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra narrowly escaped arrest in Kuala Lumpur, slipping out of his hotel ahead of police and flying to the Pacific island country of Fiji, Deputy Interior Minister Thaworn Sennian said in Pattani province on Monday.

Mr Thaworn said the Malaysian government had cooperated with Thailand in planning to arrest the fugitive former prime minister on learning of he was staying at the Shangri-la Hotel in Kuala Lumpur.

postlogo.jpg

Darn it, and they were obviously trying so hard to get him in a neighbouring country! What total and utter piffle. Next we will hear the let him go from the Shangrila in Bangkok.

Sounds more like they co-operated in letting him go. Anyway, next stop Fiji for Thailand's scarlet pimpernel.

By the way just to help the Boys in Brown, Fiji is a lot of islands in the South Pacific, not a mountain in Japan or a local sushi buffet restaurant.

Fiji /ˈfiːdʒi/ (help·info) (Fijian: Matanitu ko Viti; Fijian Hindustani: फ़िजी), officially the Republic of the Fiji Islands (Fijian: Matanitu Tu-Vaka-i-koya ko Viti; Fijian Hindustani: फ़िजी द्वीप समूह गणराज्य[citation needed], fiji dvip samooh gannarajy), is an island nation in the South Pacific Ocean east of Vanuatu, west of Tonga and south of Tuvalu. The country occupies an archipelago of about 322 islands, of which 106 are permanently inhabited, and 522 islets. The two major islands, Viti Levu and Vanua Levu, account for 87% of the population.

Can I sign up to go look for him?

Edited by Thai at Heart

I am sure the Malaysian police would be smart enough to alarm the airport police to look out for Thaksin, but didn't? How could this be possible. KL airport is at least 1 hour drive from the Shangri-la (Jalan sultant Ismail) without traffic, and the Malaysian police should have enough time. KL airport is always very empty even during peak hours. Anyone can identify Thaksin across the bare immigration hall. There is no where to hide, or crowd to cover him.

No mobile phone in Malaysia...

Why bring him back?

Almost a certainty of major civil unrest if he returns or is brought back.

Sure.

The corollary is "Why Thaksin is not keen to come back?"

I cannot imagine the landing at Savapum + the festive ambiance around the jail.

To Fiji h has to transit Australia or New Zealand so should not be too hard to get him....or havent the Thais invented the telegraph yet.
Air Niugini starts direct flights to Malaysia

Chief executive officer Wasan-tha Kumarasiri said the national flag carrier would introduce a non-stop service to Kuala Lumpur on 29 October.

His dastardly criminal mind knows no bounds. He's puddle hopping it direct courtesy of Air Niugini????????????

How will the BIB ever catch this master of disguise and dastardly evil cunning. I mean hiding out at the Shangrila, now that's cunning.

Would seem something is afoot if he is nesting this close to his feeding grounds.

He had a secret meeting with Abhisit... well it was a trick from Abhi to catch him. Tax'him trusted Abhi... what a mistake.

I totally agree..

I think the story might be a story.. :)

Also, why go to Fiji? I would hazard a guess that this info is wrong or he has lost the plot..

Thaksin nearly arrested

postlogo.jpg

:) Mr. Thaksin.

I totally agree..

Also, why go to Fiji? I would hazard a guess that this info is wrong or he has lost the plot..

its not a story...

Malaysian Insider

I totally agree..

its not a story...

Malaysian Insider

Ok.. although it still looks like the same story posted on BP.

ty for the link.

The same article gives a clue at it's very end....

The minister did not reveal when this happened.

TiT!

But then he would have support of some business associates from Themasek...he wouldn't have to use the ordinary citizens immigration procedures - and to crank it up a notch - Nicaraguan, Montenegro Passport...or, or, or....on the contrary, for this guy is nothing impossible - just a thought....

now there is an opening for a bright young lad!

Remember back when PCs were just first appearing on desks in homes around the world?

There was a very popular, and educational, PC game called 'Where in the World Is Carmen San Diego?' Even schools used it.

With the internet and advances in Technology imagine what you could do now?

'Where in the World is Mr Thaksin?'