Criminal Record Check From Thai Authorities

Alboy301

Hello

I'm about to undergo a bodyguard training course in the UK. Once I've completed this I need to apply for a licence which requires a criminal record check. However it states that if you've been out of the UK for 6 consecutive months you neeed to get a criminal record check from the country you resided in ie. Thailand.

Does anyone know what channels I would need to go through to do this? Something tells me it's going to be a hassle.

Any info would be appreciated-

Alan

I do not know what visa you currently hold in Thailand. But as long as you stay on a non immigrant or tourist visa you are not resident in Thailand.

Only if you was granted the permanent resident status. And that can take a long time until it is granted and you need to meet several requirements to be eligible.

I doubt a Thai authority will give you criminal record clearance because you are a non resident. Contact your Embassy and ask for their advise and opinion.

Edited by webfact

I had a friend in Australia who had a similar requirement before he became a site supervisor for the re-furbishment of Sydney International airport. It does not matter what your visa status is, if you stay in any Country for a specified amount of time as a tourist or otherwise, you'll need clearance.

He secured all required documentation through the thai consulate in Sydney at the time of application for clearance, with a bit of a headache!

Hello

I'm about to undergo a bodyguard training course in the UK. Once I've completed this I need to apply for a licence which requires a criminal record check. However it states that if you've been out of the UK for 6 consecutive months you neeed to get a criminal record check from the country you resided in ie. Thailand.

Does anyone know what channels I would need to go through to do this? Something tells me it's going to be a hassle.

Alan

its is all nonsens these sily demand for checks-easy to fabricate- they do not check and 101 ways to get around it

they do care who they teach and the only true BG coures are those run by the military

SF unit's,only people such as these could really protect someone

in fact, the best ones are run in SE asia in private

whilst one can learn a few skills on these walter mitty type 1 week things, please never think anyone could really provide any serious degree of protection, and no professinal company would ever hire from these sorts

Hello

Alan

its is all nonsens these sily demand for checks-easy to fabricate- they do not check and 101 ways to get around it

they do care who they teach and the only true BG coures are those run by the military

SF unit's,only people such as these could really protect someone

in fact, the best ones are run in SE asia in private

whilst one can learn a few skills on these walter mitty type 1 week things, please never think anyone could really provide any serious degree of protection, and no professinal company would ever hire from these sorts

You have failed to take into account the mans previos training(If he has),we no not his background?Many the man i work has intensive martial trainin,and was more capable of the work in pretection.The one week thing u refer to is mearly the paper to get the work.