Bicycle Repairs

Chip73

I have a bog standard 'Mary Poppins' style bike that normally gets me round town just fine. However, I've been having quite a lot of trouble finding anyone reliable to fix punctures, brakes, lights, replace tyres etc. Can anyone recommend somewhere, preferably not too far away (I live just south of Chiang Mai Gate) and fairly priced? There are plenty of neighbourhood motorcycle repair places around here but no-one seems to bother with bicycles any more. Thanks.

I have a bog standard 'Mary Poppins' style bike that normally gets me round town just fine. However, I've been having quite a lot of trouble finding anyone reliable to fix punctures, brakes, lights, replace tyres etc. Can anyone recommend somewhere, preferably not too far away (I live just south of Chiang Mai Gate) and fairly priced? There are plenty of neighbourhood motorcycle repair places around here but no-one seems to bother with bicycles any more. Thanks.

There are two bike shops very close to you.

The best one which supplies mountain bikes is 300 metres on the left on Ratpakinai, coming up from the inner moat road Bamrung buri. I forget it's name but it's on a corner and offers a very professional service for new parts. However I went there the other day for a puncture on my daughters bike and they said they didn't have kids inner tubes and they directed me to another shop.

The second shop is on the inner moat road (bangrung buri) also. Heading west on the Southern outer moat from Chiang Mai gate do a U-turn at Saen Pung gate onto bangrun buri and teh small shop is just a few shops along on the left next to a Kodak shop. It's alot smaller and they did a good job of replacing the tube @ 80b including labour.

Regards Bojo

Bicycle repair man!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eCdIe0wdvU