Anyone Know Historical Land Prices In Samui?

Hey there,

Anyone here know how much beachfront land in Samui was 5 years ago? 10 years ago? 15 years ago?

What about 'seaview' land? Very curioys to know how much it has risen over the years for real. Looks like it is about 10 - 15 million baht per rai for beachfront land now, and about 2 - 3 million per rai for seaview. Is this right?

Also, what about a place like Phuket? How much more expensive is it there than Samui?

Hey there,

Anyone here know how much beachfront land in Samui was 5 years ago?  10 years ago?  15 years ago? 

What about 'seaview' land?  Very curioys to know how much it has risen over the years for real.  Looks like it is about 10 - 15 million baht per rai for beachfront land now, and about 2 - 3 million per rai for seaview.  Is this right?

Also, what about a place like Phuket?  How much more expensive is it there than Samui?

The story goes that the families of Samui divided the land amongst the sons...the 'bad' boys were given the beachland and the good boys the more valued land uphill..

Don't know if it's true but heard it more than once.

So, the bad boys are making more money now than the good boys. :D

Funny though :o

But yes, beachland is considered to be more valuable. Personally I prefer uphill (with seaview) because it's more quiet and a few degrees cooler (!!!).

LaoPo

LaoPo

My father in law bought 3 rai of beach front land 30 years ago for 60,000 baht. Everyone thought he was crazy buying beach front property, his son went to school in Phuket so he could see the wave of the future.

According to hubby, who went to school in samui about 20 years ago, he said by 15 years ago the prices had already started climbing and land was not cheap. Remember, 15 years ago, Samui was already a major tourist destination.

20 years ago, when I lived on Samui at Baan Tie beach, I was hearing 400,000 for a beach front rai in my area, and a million baht per beacfront rai in Chaweng and Lamai, already a big tourist scene at that time, too. The S/W and West side of the island was still mostly undeveloped at that time, but can't remember prices discussed. All I remember was thinking that it was waaaay over my budget :o