Hair Rebonding Pattaya?

MissJones

I moved to pattaya a few months ago and am wanting to get my hair rebonding.

In the uk i used to straighten my hair daily but in thailand theres just no point.

So does anybody know of any good hair salons that are resonable prices that do hair rebonding in pattaya?

I have long hair, half way down my back and its pretty curly/wavy.

I dont want to just go to one of the soi salons. (dont want my hair falling out) lol.

Many Thanks

Mia.

I moved to pattaya a few months ago and am wanting to get my hair rebonding.

In the uk i used to straighten my hair daily but in thailand theres just no point.

So does anybody know of any good hair salons that are resonable prices that do hair rebonding in pattaya?

I have long hair, half way down my back and its pretty curly/wavy.

I dont want to just go to one of the soi salons. (dont want my hair falling out) lol.

Many Thanks

Mia.

Mia, I would suggest you put this in the Pattaya forum but generally speaking that group can be a little rough (unlike us here in general :) ).

That being said, perhaps posting it in the womans or ladyboy forum on here may get you all straightened out.

I bought the Rebonding kit myself from a local Beauty shop in Pattaya and got my friend to do it for me.

We followed the instructions carefuly and my hair turned out fantastic.

Its about a year ago now since i had it done, my hair is now nearly down to my bottom and its still straight after I wash it.

The kit cost 500 bt - well worth it.

Good luck. :)

PS I think most replutable Hair salons will do it, and the prices are normaly advertised on the windows.

Maybe you should try the hair salon on 2nd floor Carrefour. I have heard a lot of good comments about that Salon. Also try in the new Central mall. A lot of professional looking hair salons in there but never heard any feedback on them.

I did mine myself at home (BF helped me do it! LOL) Because I do not trust any salon touching my hair. Mine turned out great. This was over a year ago now, and I am planning to do it again soon this week because I have wavy roots! Having my hair re-bonded was definitely one of the best things I have done to my hair. I love it :)

If you go to a Salon, Expect to pay around 3-5,000 baht. Me, I bought the solution myself, and needed 2 packs since I have long hair. Total cost = about 600 baht. :D

Good Luck!

I bought the Rebonding kit myself from a local Beauty shop in Pattaya and got my friend to do it for me.

"My friend" hahaha Ohhh come on...Give me some credit and just admit that I'm a brilliant hairdresser.. :)

Edited by Meg_2003

"My friend" hahaha Ohhh come on...Give me some credit and just admit that I'm a brilliant hairdresser.. :)

OK OK Meg, your Boyfriend did it for me, and you helped. :D

Seriously though, if you can get someone to do it for you who is trustworthy, you will save a lot of money for the same job done.

"My friend" hahaha Ohhh come on...Give me some credit and just admit that I'm a brilliant hairdresser.. :D

OK OK Meg, your Boyfriend did it for me, and you helped. :D

Seriously though, if you can get someone to do it for you who is trustworthy, you will save a lot of money for the same job done.

*UHUM* Actually, to save time, we did half of your head each.. So just admit it.. That we are both brilliant hairdressers :)

Back on topic: If you do decide to do it yourself, get 2 people to help as you must be fast and can't leave it on for too long.

Edited by Meg_2003

Thank you for all your help.

I think i will be looking into doing it myself.

I've never really trusted hairdressers hehe. UK or not.

Was there any particular brand that you used that you bought when you did it yourself?

Thankies.

x

If you hair is long-ish, you will probably need someone to help you do it, its quite a long job, takes about 3 hours.

I think you will be happy with the result if you follow the instructions 100%.

As a matter of fact, my hair seemed to grow quicker since i did it, I am very pleased with it.

I was a bit scared at first as the solution smells the same as perming solution, but still after 1 year, my hair is OK and i NEVER have it cut, i refuse to go to Hairdressers even for a trim, as they always cut off more than I want.

No doubt Meg will reply soon with the Brand of the stuff you need.

If you do it, don't forget to come back and let us know how you got on. :)

x

OK OK Im here :)

It's called 'LOLANE Straight Off'.. It's in a bluey silver box, with 2 bottles inside, a dark blue one and an aqua one.. If your hair is long, then I suggest you get 2 boxes. I was lucky that I got 2 when I did mine as the first one ran out 3/4 of the way through it...

My hair also grew FAST after I had it done... The ends were a bit frizzy when I first did it which upset me, So I slightly trimmed the frizzy bits and after a couple of weeks the frizzed ends calmed down... Now its in perfect condition.. Maybe I had frizzed ends because I have highlights. If your hair is in good condition then it will be fine.

Oh and I recommend you get the one for Damaged hair too.. The Normal one is just too strong and will leave it in bad condition..

:D

PS When me and Meg first came to live in Pattaya 8 years ago, our hair was BIG and curly-ish.. we hated it, and no matter how many times we straightened it, it still went big and wavy with the hot weather - since we rebonded it, we don't have this problem again..

We now have Poker straight hair what we always wished for.. :)

Edited by pattaya_girl

ATM i either have my hair in a bun or when i can be assed to get the straightners out i have it straight.

But soon as i go out within a matter of minutes it goes wavy! When straight its about half way down my back.

I havent coloured it since december so its in pretty good condition.

So whens the next thai visa party?

Thank you both for all your help!

x

Not sure when the next Thai Visa Party is in Pattaya, as the last one was just last Saturday, but if you are a regular visitor to the Pattaya Forum from now on, you will know doubt see it advertised when the next one is arranged..

Looking forward to the results of you new poker straight hair. Have fun !!!

:)