School Closure Due To Swine Flu

ThePyawkt

I am an employee at Montfort College, Primary School Campus. I received a telephone call from my manager 10 minutes (4:56pm) ago saying that Montfort College, Primary School Campus will be closed until Tuesday, July 21st, due to a new confirmed case of swine flu.

I am not stating any personal comments in this post; I am simply passing the news along so that any parents who have children attending that campus can contact their child's teacher and confirm.

I hope this information is helpful to any parents trying to plan their lives for the next 7 days.

Take care!

Our Nursery school was closed as well. Its a Thai name and unfortunately I don't know how to spell it. Its going to be closed for two weeks as there was one child with a confirmed case. We were paranoid before this came down and had already pulled our daughter out of school. Glad we did.

Ours was a P5 student, male. I do not have any info about the child's prior medical history, or present condition.

From reports that I have read, most of the fatalities have been among people that were in poor health to begin with.

I will post any new information I receive, as long as it is appropriate to do so.

I do have friends who have children enrolled at PRC, and can confirm its closure.

Edited by ThePyawkt

There was a thread yesterday about closure of 436 schools in BKK. How reliable is this info?

I've checked with many friends, and it appears most schools are open, as well as Uni's. If this is the case, they only close doors of institutions after learning about confirmed case. Highly unwise policy of indecision on govt's part.

The govt has to close all schools and Uni's by decree (whether private or govt controled), no exceptions, if they really want to curb the spread. I was told the RU ( around 70,000 ??? students) has a confirmed case of swine flu.

Time for the govt to show some initiative not in money distribution schemes like controversial masks and Tamiflu tablets.

The recent death of a student has probably started the ball rolling here...PRC is also closed.

Are you saying it was a student at PRC? Or in Chiang Mai?

Iain

No I am not, sorry for the ambiguity. The student was not from PRC. All I was saying was that it too was closed for a week.

edit:- yes the student was from Chiangmai

Edited by Maejo Man