Cost To Build This House

802 sq/metres over 2 floors.

That's <deleted> huge, man! 8,500 square feet! Sounds like a palace in the making! Are you gonna put 2 or 3 families in there?? :o

In very rough numbers for estimating, my place came out to about 600 ThB per square foot, including 1 rai of land, up country central Thailand, but we haven't landscaped yet.

Using the same figure applied to your place, that comes out to about 5M ThB.

HTH, good luck!

35k baht for a square meter

That sounds way high. $850 USD/sqm * 800 sqm = almost $700K USD I would think like another reply, perhaps about 15% of that, more like on the order of $100K=$110K USD, of course a lot depends on location, amount of land and whether or not all the fixtures are gold plated.

That's <deleted> huge, man! 8,500 square feet! Sounds like a palace in the making! Are you gonna put 2 or 3 families in there?? :o

In very rough numbers for estimating, my place came out to about 600 ThB per square foot, including 1 rai of land, up country central Thailand, but we haven't landscaped yet.

Using the same figure applied to your place, that comes out to about 5M ThB.

HTH, good luck!

Spee

I would be very interested to hear about the progress of your landscaping and house building upcountry central thailand, can share some information. My one is in Roi et, size is 2x180 m2

If you post the width and length in meters, it would give everyone a better idea how to quote it as some of these answers ar way off the mark. Are you building this in Koh Chang?, specify as it does matter.

If you work on about 10,000 Baht per sqm, it would be a realistic ball park figure.

Assuming a standard of finish equivalent to the size and potential prestige of a house that size, I'd figure on about 12,000,000 baht exlcuding any pool, but including basic landscaping on say a one rai plot.

variables will include quality of kitchen, aircon, tiles on floor and in the bathrooms, bathroom fittings, lights, power supply etc but I'd say thats a pretty accurate end of project price without looking at the technical blueprints or understanding your overall spec. You could do it for more or less depending upon the spec.

Odds are though, unless your building it in Phoenix, you would never hope to sell it on in my experience. people with that kind of money are very particular what they want and for the most part, Hua Yai is not there yet in terms of desirability for hi-end buyers of second hand houses. Thats why Pheonix is empty and it has the attributes of a gold course, infrastructure etc.

• 2 weeks later...
35k baht for a square meter

That sounds way high. $850 USD/sqm * 800 sqm = almost $700K USD I would think like another reply, perhaps about 15% of that, more like on the order of $100K=$110K USD, of course a lot depends on location, amount of land and whether or not all the fixtures are gold plated.

Bangkok price, that house is quite big, plus or minus depend on the material you using.

Edited by chingy_

• 2 weeks later...

Are you having football matches played inside, because a football pitch is 300 to 400 sq metres, he says he has one rai of land. that is only 1600 sq metres. he's aving a laugh, i have a very big house in Buriram on 2 rai of land. and it is still not as big as a footie pitch.

Are you having football matches played inside, because a football pitch is 300 to 400 sq metres, he says he has one rai of land. that is only 1600 sq metres. he's aving a laugh, i have a very big house in Buriram on 2 rai of land. and it is still not as big as a footie pitch.

Football pitches are around 10000m2, yer talkin about table football? :D

The square root of 400 would make the pitch 20m long and 20m wide :o

Edited by Joey Boy

5 mill bt in Bangkok without land. 3 mill bt upcountry.

i'm building a 210sqm house for about 2.5million. nice marble and wood and on ko phangan so paying for the boat to get everything here, but there no way i can see building a 802sqm house for less than 6 million if it was basic. and why would anyone build a basic 802sqm house?

5 mill bt in Bangkok without land. 3 mill bt upcountry.

i'm building a 210sqm house for about 2.5million. nice marble and wood and on ko phangan so paying for the boat to get everything here, but there no way i can see building a 802sqm house for less than 6 million if it was basic. and why would anyone build a basic 802sqm house?

Because he want's at least 3 maid's to clean everything :D . Yep , it is a very huge , huge house you are building . Well , can be a good investment if you can take care of it . These are the big villa's which you can rent out at big prices a week . Allthough , you have to remember that the standard finish isn't really enough for people renting this at big prices , so upstandard finishing of the house means also extra costs . I wouldn't build something this big , even if i had the money , but it is not my choice ... :o

Football pitches are around 10000m2, yer talkin about table football?  :o

nah your wrong mate, football pitches (if we are talking soccer/football) are from 6,400 sq. metres (smallest) to 7,800 (largest)(based on English league teams current pitches)

"The laws do state that the width of the pitch must be between 45 - 90 metres wide and the length of the pitch must be between 90 - 120 metres long. The pitch must also be rectangular, and the length of the pitch must not be the same as the width."

Just if you needed to know the actual limitations aloud. Don’t ask how i know this so accurately it is a very long story!