Taskbar Don't Show Programs

j634

Thanks in advance for all who can help.

The taskbar shows all example( time, quick launch, icons for my running programs). I have reinstalled windows and IE to try to fix with no success.

The problem is every program or window I open, it won't show on the taskbar. When I minimize anything it just disappears. To get back I have to open the task manager and restore that way.

Running windows xp service pack2. Have had no problems until today. I have not changed anything in the registry or anywhere else for that matter. Just noticed when I was surfing the net and minimized a window and it was gone.

Anyway I hope this is enough info for some help or a point in the right direction.

Thanks again

first check the task bar settings by right clicking it and going to properties.

Otherwise, there are little drag bars on the task bar for allocating space to the various sections of it. For example to the right of the quick launch buttons is a little draggable bar. If somehow this moved to the right, you will have allocated all the bar to quick launch (in which case the bar will be over at the right). Just drag it back to where you want it.

If I could work out how to post images I could give you an example. When I click on add image it only wants an internet URL - anyone can advise?