Barry Gibb (bee Gees) On Truck Flaps

LadyinRed

is this it?

serpico.jpg

That's him!!

What's he doing on the tire flaps?!

Flapping? :o

Guess Kris Kristofferson with that convoy flick would acutally make sense because that pic was all about trucking. Truckers messing with the cops. Possibly, the creator just messed up imself a bit - too much Chang or so. Just a thought. :D

• 4 weeks later...
I have been intrigued by painted pictures of what resembles Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees which can be found on truck tire 'flaps'. (I hope I describe it well  :D )

What is the significance of having his face on the 'flaps'?

He's a Thai icon ,what a geeezer. :o

That web page didn't have any connections, but that's okay. I heard Kris a couple of times. The legend says that when he broke up with his girlfriend, he gave her a song: "Me and Bobby McGee." She recorded it; her name was Janis Joplin.

Kris K. was born in Brownsville, Texas; was a Rhodes scholar at Oxford; starred in movies (co-starred with B. Streisand for 'A Star is Born' if I recall) and played a psycho in the BladRunner movies.

Yeah, that photo above looks like an old Paul McCartnery, Jesus, Che, Pacino, or whomever. The BeeGees went through a hairy stage.

For all we know, it may be a Thai artist's rendering of a guy he met while hitchhiking through Chonburi in 1981.

Jim Morrison. Definitely... :o

I beleive it's Kongsith Sirinakul - owner of the Thai Mudflap Ltd.

What about those "PANUS" mudflaps - first one I saw had the "P" missing & very nearly caused me to lose control of the car.

Always reminds me of that Spinal Tap song

"Big bottom, big bottom

Talk about mudflaps, my girls got 'em"